How to safely pack and ship glass products internationally
Booking an international courier service for sending glass products is the smartest shipping decision you can make. Don’t spend time getting quotes from several logistics providers. Book your shipment through our platform, and we will select the best shipping alternative for your needs, whether you are shipping glass framed pictures, stained glass or glassware items.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Shipping glass items internationally
Optimise your logistics processes by choosing Eurosender as your trusted shipping partner. We are a one-stop platform aimed at making shipping easier. Book almost any shipping service in instants and easily manage all your operations in one place.
OUR SHIPPING OPTIONS
Choose the right service for shipping glass internationally by courier
What to have in mind before you ship glass products internationally
Here are a few points you should consider before shipping glass products by courier.
- Pack your glass item properly, measure its dimensions and confirm if they are within the limits of your chosen shipping method.
- Calculate the estimated delivery time and make sure you are present for the pick-up and delivery of your items.
- Check your emails to verify whether you are required to print and attach the shipping label yourself.
How to pack glass for shipping in a safe manner?
Use the following instructions for packing various glass products such as glassware, bottles, framed art, etc.
- When shipping glass framed pictures, mirrors or other flat glass products, protect the glass by crossing it with two strains of tape in the shape of an X.
- Wrap each item with paper followed by layers of bubble wrap and secure the materials with adhesive tape. Be careful to protect the edges with enough cushioning properly.
- Fill the bottom of a cardboard box with cushioning material and place your items in it, filling the extra spaces with more cushioning.
- To be extra safe when shipping glass, you can put this box into a bigger one filled with padding materials.
- Make sure the items are not moving inside, seal the box with tape and label it, if needed. You can also mark the package with the label “Fragile” or “Handle with care”. However, be aware that the courier provider is not obliged to handle such parcels differently than others.
How to pack and ship glass items when moving?
Relocating with our Van Delivery Service is the easiest way to transport small or big glass products together with other belongings.
- Protect your smaller glass items such as glassware, wine glasses, bottles or jars with cushioning material. If possible, put them into a cardboard box to prevent them from shifting around during transit.
- When packing bulkier glass products, cover them with moving blankets and secure the cushioning with tape or rope.
- An expert courier driver will come and help you load the items into the van, making sure they are safe for transportation.
Ready to get started?
How much does it cost to ship your glass items?
People trust our solution
FAQ – Shipping glass items by courier
How to properly pack a glass mirror for shipping?
When shipping flat items such as a glass mirror, it is of utmost importance that you adequately protect the surface. Make an “X” with a strong adhesive tape going from corner to corner of the mirror. The tape will help to make sure the mirror will stay intact during moving. This procedure is also recommended when packing a painting or any other glass item that has a big flat surface.
Where can I buy moving boxes for glassware?
When packing glassware for shipping, we recommend using cardboard boxes. You can use new or second-hand boxes, as long as they are in good shape, without holes or scratches. Make sure the box is strong enough to withstand your glass item during transit. New cardboard boxes can be purchased in any hardware store.
What is the best way to ship glass bottles?
Companies that sell alcoholic beverages and need to send big loads of glass bottles should opt to ship them using our pallet delivery. Freight transport is a very safe alternative for shipping bottles because they can easily be stacked.
Individuals who wish to ship one or two glass bottles might prefer to ship them together with other items in a box. Many people send a bottle of wine, along with clothes and personal belongings when moving abroad. In such cases, you can use your clothes and other soft items as cushioning for the bottle inside the box. Alternatively, you can also use bottle cardboard boxes as they have the exact size and offer excellent protection.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping glass. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship glass, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.