How to safely pack and ship glass products internationally
Find out all you need to know for sending glass products safely, by mail or courier. Discover with our experts the best way to ship glass framed pictures, stained glass, or glassware items. Benefit from our experience in logistics and book the most reliable deliveries in an instant.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Optimise your logistics processes by choosing Eurosender as your trusted shipping partner. We are a one-stop platform aimed at making shipping easier. Book almost any shipping service in instants and easily manage all your operations in one place.
OUR SHIPPING OPTIONS
How to ship glass internationally by courier?
How to safely pack glass for shipping?
Use the following instructions for packing various glass products such as glassware, bottles, framed art, etc.
- When shipping glass framed pictures, mirrors, or other flat glass products, protect the glass by crossing it with two strains of tape in the shape of an X.
- Wrap each item with paper followed by layers of bubble wrap and secure the materials with adhesive tape, carefully protecting the edges.
- Fill the bottom of a cardboard box with cushioning material and place your items in it, filling the extra spaces with more cushioning.
- To be extra safe when shipping glass, you can put this box into a bigger one filled with padding materials.
- Make sure the items safe and still, seal the box with tape and label it if needed. You can also mark the package with the label “Fragile” or “Handle with care” but bear in mind that the courier is not obliged to handle the parcel as such.
How to pack and ship glass items when moving?
Relocating with our Van Delivery Service is the easiest way to transport small or big glass products together with other belongings. Even though there are no packaging restrictions when booking this service, we still recommend protecting the goods with cushioning when shipping glass items, as follows:
- Protect your smaller glass items such as glassware, wine glasses, bottles, or jars with cushioning material. If possible, put them into a cardboard box to prevent them from shifting around during transit.
- When packing bulkier glass products, cover them with moving blankets and secure the cushioning with tape or rope.
- If you need additional help for loading and unloading the items, please inform us beforehand.
FAQ – Shipping glass items by courier
How to properly pack a glass mirror for shipping?
When shipping flat items such as a glass mirror, it is of utmost importance that you adequately protect the surface. Make an “X” with a strong adhesive tape going from corner to corner of the mirror. The tape will help to make sure the mirror will stay intact during moving. This procedure is also recommended when packing a painting or any other glass item that has a big flat surface.
What is the safest service available for shipping glass items internationally?
The most recommended service for shipping glass items is the Van Delivery Service because you will have the entire space of the vehicle dedicated solely to you. Since this service also offers direct transport, it has a higher degree of safety since your items will not be loaded and loaded during transit. The Van Delivery Service is most recommended for relocations but can also be used for transporting multiple or bulky items. If your items are small and you choose to send them using another service, we recommend carefully packing your items according to our instructions above.
Where can I buy moving boxes for glassware?
When packing glassware for shipping, we recommend using cardboard boxes. You can use new or second-hand boxes, as long as they are in good shape, without holes or scratches. Make sure the box is strong enough to withstand your glass item during transit. When shipping glass bottles or cups, you may prefer to use a box that is made for this type of item, with internal divisions that guarantee the bottles are not in contact with each other.
What is the best way to ship glass bottles?
Companies that sell alcoholic beverages and need to send big loads of glass bottles should opt to ship them using our pallet delivery. Freight transport is a very safe alternative for shipping bottles because they can easily be stacked.
Individuals who wish to ship one or two glass bottles might prefer to ship them together with other items in a box. Many people send a bottle of wine, along with clothes and personal belongings when moving abroad. In such cases, you can use your clothes and other soft items as cushioning for the bottle inside the box. Alternatively, you can also use bottle cardboard boxes as they have the exact size and offer excellent protection.
What are the best packing materials to use when shipping glass products internationally?
When shipping glass products by courier, here are the most common materials people use to pack glass items properly:
- Sturdy cardboard box, slightly bigger than the item
- Packing peanuts, styrofoam sheets, crumpled paper
- Strong tape, for fixing the packaging and reinforcing the edges of the box
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping glass. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship any glass item, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.