Send a kayak by courier | Ship a kayak and inflatable raft overseas
By working with the most reputable logistics companies, we have helped many businesses and individuals to send kayaks, inflatable rafts, paddles and other gear whether it is for a relocation, holiday trip or delivery from an online store. Avoid the high airline rates for taking such big items on a plane; send your kayak and rafting equipment internationally by courier and save on the shipping cost. Benefit from our expert’s recommendations on how to package your kayak for shipping and get it safely delivered to the chosen destination.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Kayak courier services to your customers
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen us as a permanent platform and organise kayak delivery to your customers more efficiently. With Eurosender, you will have your own dashboard to oversee and control all your past and current shipments, get additional discounts when paying with credits, have access to already negotiated prices with the best international couriers, consolidated invoices and much more!
How much does it cost to ship a kayak and rafting gear
At Eurosender, we can recommend several transportation methods for delivering a kayak or shipping an inflatable raft by courier:
Do you have different requirements?
Are you not sure if the kayak is suitable for pallet shipping?
Before you can send your kayak, it is vital that you first determine the dimensions of your shipment. When you are shipping a kayak across country or overseas, it is best to measure it after packing it, as the size and weight might increase during the packing process.
Pack and ship a kayak
How to carefully protect the kayak before shipping it internationally
We know you may be wondering how to pack and ship a kayak across the country or overseas, as they are not cheap and the last thing you want is that it gets damaged while being in transport. Therefore, the most important thing you need to pay attention to is the packaging, and in the guide below, you will find all the required materials and instructions on how to ship a kayak or inflatable raft.
- Disassemble the kayak. Put all the items inside a bag, and secure them somewhere inside the sitting compartment of the kayak.
- If shipping an inflatable raft, deflate it completely. Then roll the raft and secure it with rope.
- Cover the kayak with bubble wrap. You can add a couple of layers to ensure its maximum protection, especially around the edges.
- Add adhesive tape. Tightly tape the bubble wrap.
- Place the kayak in cardboard. As this is obligatory with many courier companies, make sure you cover all the parts with carboard and seal it with tape to make sure it stays in place.
- When shipping a rigid kayak with our Van Delivery Service, the packaging is not mandatory. If you are shipping an inflatable kayak or canoe, it can be sent in a cardboard box.
Van delivery service
Ship a kayak internationally with Eurosender
Frequently asked questions when sending a kayak or rafting equipment with a courier
Does insurance apply when I am shipping a kayak with Eurosender?
Insurance does apply according to the CMR Convention when you are shipping a kayak through Eurosender. However, whenever you are sending such items, we recommend you to purchase additional insurance. Contact us if you want more information about the best insurance when shipping your kayak.
What if my parcel gets damaged after I have carefully packed and shipped the kayak?
If you have followed our instructions on how to pack and ship a kayak, and yet your parcel got damaged, you can claim for the damaged goods. To make the claims process smoother, we advise to always take a picture of your packed goods before shipping and keeping the original invoice as a proof of value.
Can I transport my inflatable raft and other rafting gear in the same box?
Yes, you can ship the inflatable raft and together with other rafting gear such as a wet suit, helmet, and oars. Bubble wrap the helmet and other rafting equipment separately, place all items in a big enough box and add plenty of cushioning materials. Close and seal the box with tape for the safe transport of rafting gear.
Why do people decide to send a kayak with logistics providers?
- Relocation. When people are moving to another flat or country, they usually want to take all of their belonging with them. With our relocation services, you can transport not only your kayak but also clothes, furniture and any other personal belongings.
- Holiday. Shipping a kayak directly to the hotel or travel destination is a great way of having your favourite item whenever people are going to their summer vacation.
- Buying or selling used kayaks. Many online stores are offering both new and used kayaks, and are looking for a shipping solution.