Reclaim your lost property from any airport | Heathrow lost and found items shipping
Have you lost an item at Heathrow Airport (LHR) and need to reclaim it? Instead of going back at the airport yourself, you could simply book Eurosender’s shipping service and have it delivered at your door. Traveling back to the airport is very costly and time-consuming. On the other hand, leaving something valuable behind would not be wise either. An answer to such a dilemma is shipping services. In this way, you can reclaim your lost and found property in the most efficient and affordable way.
Airports can be so busy that passengers may lose their way towards their gate or leave a personal item behind. Sometimes, it could even be a suitcase or an expensive electronic device, such as a laptop. Thankfully, the airport security always collects abandoned items and, if they are deemed safe, they are stored for a few months at the lost and found airport department. However, the owner of these items could already be on the other side of a country or even abroad. If you are in this situation, we would recommend you to take lost and found shipping services into consideration.
Important: When booking lost and found items shipping services, you should provide us with an accurate pick-up address. In this case, you will need to write down the address of the place in which your lost property is temporarily stored. If you are unsure whether the pick-up location details are correct, you can contact the airport’s lost and found department for more information. If you simply insert the airport’s address, the courier driver might be unable to locate the person responsible for handing-in your lost property.
About Heathrow Airport:
Heathrow Airport, which is known as LHR, is one of the busiest international airports in the world. It is located in London, UK, and only in 2017, it was visited by 78 million airplane passengers. It is therefore hard to imagine how many items are being lost and found at LHR on a daily basis.
Heathrow lost and found items shipping | Eurosender
Eurosender helps people book affordable shipping services in a matter of seconds. Many travelers have turned to our shipping services to reclaim their lost items from different airports in Europe. In addition to providing a simple booking system, through our platform, our customers find the best price for sending an item from one city in Europe to another, without having to compare any quotes themselves. Many people wrongly assume that our courier providers can pick-up items only from houses and apartments. However, that is far from the truth.
Our shipping partners can pick-up items from airports, train stations, hotels, and many other places. The most important thing is to provide a valid and accessible address for pick-up and delivery and ensure that the shipment is well protected for transportation. It is also important to note that Heathrow is not the only airport the shipping providers we work with can pick-up items from.
Baggage reclaims | What can you send:
- Suitcases – wrapped in protective film.
- Any other inanimate object (e.g. an electronic device, a purse, a jacket etc.) that is protected in a box and that it is not part of our restricted items list. If you are unsure about how to prepare your package for shipping, you can visit our pack/ship guide and get all the information.
Heathrow lost and found items shipping | The 3 steps
When booking a shipping service and the pick-up point is at an airport, you should pay attention to the following:
- First, you should contact the airport and find the exact location of your items.
- Book the service through our platform by indicating the exact place in which the shipment is located within the airport. If you have a reference number, please, indicate it in your order form.
- Contact the airport again and give them all the important details, such as the pick-up date and the name of the courier provider. Make sure that they will pack and prepare your items for shipping. Otherwise, there might be damages in your shipment.
Special cases of lost and found items | Baggage Reclaims
Special cases of lost and found items | Baggage Reclaims
Although most lost and found items in airports are small or medium-sized, there have been cases in which they were oddly shaped or quite heavy. If you clearly remember that your items are more than 170 cm long or that they weigh over 40 kg, then you should ask us for an individual offer. Keep in mind that you can only book a standard courier service if the shipment does not exceed the above-mentioned length and weight. If you are unsure about the size of your lost property, you can kindly ask the airport’s stuff to take its measurements.
Things to remember for baggage reclaim | Heathrow lost and found items shipping
- Always provide us with the exact location of the shipment. Simply inserting the airport’s address could result in the courier driver looking for your shipment in the “Departures” or any other irrelevant area of the airport. Be as specific as possible when indicating the lost and found department at the Heathrow airport.
- The airport’s employees should be aware that you will not retrieve the items yourself. To avoid any problems, we would recommend giving the name of the shipping service provider to the staff at the Heathrow lost and found department. Please, remember that Eurosender is the platform for booking the service and not the actual shipping company. You will know which company will take care of your shipment after you book the service.
- Make sure that the airport’s staff are aware of the pick-up date and that they are required to pack your items in a cardboard box. If your lost property is a suitcase, then wrapping it with a protective plastic film will be enough.
Heathrow lost and found items shipping | Baggage reclaims with Eurosender:
You might be willing to book a shipping service to retrieve your items but you are unsure about whether you should choose Eurosender. We, in turn, present you the following facts about our company:
- There is a high volume of shipments booked through our platform. That means that our negotiating power increases and we are able to offer you some of the most competitive prices on the market.
- We always provide our customers with a tracking number. In this way, you will always be updated on your shipment’s whereabouts.
- Although our prices are low, we do not compromise on safety. We only work with the most reputable shipping providers in Europe and we constantly keep track of their performance.
- We have a very active customer support team that will always answer your questions – as long as they are related to shipping. Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us.