How to ship an iPhone X or an Android smartphone
If you are not completely sure how to ship an iPhone X or any other smartphone safely and without problems, you are definitely not alone. However, if you follow our tips on how to pack a smartphone for shipping, the risk of anything happening to your precious pocket gadget during transport will be much lower. What is more, Eurosender only works with the most reliable courier companies on the international market, which is why shipments booked through us are always in good hands.
How to place an order to send smartphone via courier?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack a smartphone for shipping.
If you decide to ship a Galaxy S9, an iPhone or any other smartphone with Eurosender’s help, booking the service on our site and taking care of proper smartphone packaging is literally everything you have to do. We will choose the best and the most reliable logistics services provider, arrange the transport and make sure that the shipping will run as smoothly as possible.
The standard insurance of up to 200€ is included in the price of every shipment. However, when shipping expensive items such as smartphones or other electronics, we always recommend purchasing additional insurance of up to 1000€ or 2000€, which can be added at a very low price.
If you have additional questions about how to ship an iPhone or an Android smartphone safely, you can always contact our customer support team. They will be most happy to provide you with even more smartphone packaging tips and extremely useful information on sending mobile phones overseas.
How to ship an iPhone safely (or any other smartphone)
The pocket computers from Samsung, Apple, OnePlus, Huawei and other big smartphone producers are getting more and more capable these days, but they are also crazily expensive and extremely fragile. If you want to ship an iPhone X, a Galaxy S9 or any other smart device, you need to you need to make sure you choose the right courier service and follow the packaging guidelines very carefully.
Before we tackle the question of how to pack a smartphone for shipping, let us explain what you need to know when booking shipping services:
- As sending a mobile phone normally requires a rather small box, the standard shipping service is all you need in most cases. However, never send a phone only in its original packaging, but always use another box to add an extra layer of protection.
- Never forget about the shipping label. While printing the shipping label and attaching it to the sender’s package is normally the courier’s job, customers with the pick-up addresses in Spain, Poland or Sweden as well as customers ordering the Flexi service must do this on their own.
- If you are planning the leave the pick-up address very soon, never forget to place the order for the shipping service at least 2 days before your departure. This will help you avoid any complications regarding the planned pick-up.
Whether you are about to ship an iPhone X or any other top-tier smartphone via courier services, the proper packaging material is crucial in ensuring a safe transport. Moreover, if you fail to properly pack a smartphone for shipping and the device gets damaged en route, the chances of a successful claim are very low. This is why it is vital that you follow our instructions carefully as they apply to virtually all smartphones out there. If you know how to ship an iPhone safely, you can use exactly the same methods when packing Android machines or any other exotic mobile gadgets out there.
You will need the following materials:
- The original box of your iPhone or Android smartphone.
When you buy a Galaxy S9, the new iPhone X or a OnePlus 5, never just throw the phone packaging away or forget about it. As these boxes are specifically tailored to a particular model of smartphone, they are the best choice for when you need to transport your devices in the future. It should be noted that the insurance is only valid in case the shipped electronic item is packed in its original box.
- A cardboard box which is slightly bigger – it has to be sturdy enough to protect your device. You can find these at any hardware store or stationery shop, you can even find used ones at any local store or supermarket. However, if you plan to use a used packaging, first make sure it is in good condition.
- Bubble wrap – to protect the smartphone. You can get it at most hardware stores or stationery shops.
- Packing peanuts(polystyrene chips) – for internal cushioning of the package. These products are available at hardware stores. Alternatively, you can also use crumpled paper.
- Duct tape and scissors – to seal the box when finished.
How to pack a smartphone for shipping
We recommend you to always create a back-up of all important files on your device before sending it. This way, you will be able to restore the documents if any unlikely problems arise during the shipping process.
And now the most important part of our smartphone packaging tips – the instructions on how to actually pack the device to be shipped safely.
- Put the phone in its original packaging. Place it in the box so that it does not move. If there is enough space to do so, you can also wrap the device in some bubble wrap to provide an additional layer of protection. Seal the box with tape so that it cannot open. If you happen to be sending an older phone and do not have the original packaging anymore, you can also use a sturdy small cardboard box and protect the device by wrapping it in several layers of bubble wrap. However, we recommend that you always pack newer and more expensive phones in its original box, not least because of the insurance.
- Put the packaging into the larger box. Take the cardboard box and fill it halfway with polystyrene chips (packing peanuts), crumpled paper or more bubble wrap. Add the phone packaging and then some more cushioning material to make sure the box containing a phone is completely surrounded, i.e. that is cannot move. When you are done, gently shake the box to make sure everything stays in place. If there is no movement, your mission is accomplished.
- Seal the box. Seal all sides of the larger box with duct tape.
- Attach the label to the package if needed. You can also add some warning labels, but bare in mind that the courier companies are not always obliged to handle parcels with such warnings with extra care.
We recommend you to always keep the original invoice for the items you are going to ship. This serves as a proof of the phone’s value and is, therefore, a document that the courier companies normally require if you start a claim procedure following the shipping.
The reasons for sending an iPhone overseas
You might be wondering why sending mobile phones overseas is so common these days. As we have already helped many customers who were searching for the cheapest way to ship a smartphone, we also have a pretty good idea of why and when they choose shipping services as their best option. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- Buying the newest iPhone or an Android smartphone abroad. Some people just cannot wait for the newest and smartest machines to hit their home market. In such cases, they might order them online or buy them overseas. When the shipping is not part of the service, many customers use Eurosender to arrange the transport and finally get a hold of the newest iPhone or Galaxy S.
- Sending the phone to the repair shop. It is hard to believe but even the most badass smartphones will malfunction from time to time. When this happens, customers that buy their electronic devices online and have them shipped from abroad might not always be able to find an authorized repair shop in their hometown or country. If you also have this problem, Eurosender can provide you with the cheapest way to send a smartphone to the repairer.
- Selling a smartphone. Used iPhones sell like hotcakes online and many people prefer a refurbished last-year flagship from Samsung, HTC or OnePlus to midrange devices currently on offer. When people sell their used smartphones online but cannot meet the buyers in person, shipping services are the best alternative. In such cases, knowing how to pack a smartphone for shipping is crucial in ensuring the buyers get their phones in one piece.
- Sending a phone as a gift. Whenever people buy an item as expensive as a new phone to ship it as a gift, they also want to make sure that the surprise will not be spoiled by any problems arising during transport. Along with the peace of mind, Eurosender also brings you the cheapest way to send a smartphone internationally.
- Phones forgotten somewhere. When people rush to the right gate at the airport, for example, many of them simply forget to make sure they have all their belongings with them. After the plane has taken off, however, they remember that they left their phone on the table in the airport cafeteria. They naturally have to have their devices shipped and appreciate that we can ship a smartphone even if the pick-up location is an airport or any other public place.
- If you are still unsure about how to ship a smartphone, simply reach out to our customer support agents and logistics professionals. They will be happy to guide you through the booking process and help you solve any possible issues. The best way to ship a Galaxy S9 to a new owner in another city or a shortcut to safely sending an iPhone overseas is thus only a few clicks or a short phone call away.
When sending mobile phones overseas, it is important to note that lithium batteries are forbidden for any items transported by air. For international shipments to and from Greece sent through Eurosender, courier services providers will not transport batteries or any type of electronic device including these batteries. When placing an order, check that the transport of your device or tablet will be done by road, in which case lithium batteries are allowed for shipping.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping a smartphone. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship a smartphone, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.