Fishing gear shipping tips & services
Are you planning your next fishing trip with your family or friends? Then you must be wondering how to ship fishing rods and tackle cheaply instead of carrying everything with you. Maybe you are an online store selling supplies and equipment and looking for a reliable logistics partner to send fishing gear to your clients? Whatever the case might be, Eurosender can take care of your individual needs and assist you in finding the best fishing gear shipping option available. We also offer you packing tips to help you out with the whole process.
Ship fishing equipment at the best prices with Eurosender!
Fishing gear packaging materials
Before you start packing your fishing equipment it is important to have the following:
- A sturdy (used/new) cardboard box;
- A fishing rod shipping tube;
- A tackle binder;
- A fishing line spool box;
- Bubble wrap bags;
- Bubble wrap;
- Packing peanuts and/or crumbled paper;
- Adhesive tape and scissors.
How to pack fishing gear?
Packing fishing gear for shipping can be quite a challenging experience for many people. If this is the first time shipping your fishing equipment, we recommend you to take the following steps into consideration.
- Carefully remove the reel from the fishing rod (and any other detachable parts);
- Place the fishing reel in a bubble wrap bag;
- Fold the fishing rod if it is foldable; the rod should not have a fishing line attached to it;
- Store your fishing line in your spool box;
- Place the fishing rod in the shipping tube;
- Store your tackles in the tackle binder or utility box;
- Wrap all the small boxes (spool box & tackle box) with bubble wrap;
- Place everything with care inside the cardboard box;
- Fill the empty spaces with packing peanuts and/or crumbled paper; make sure that the items will not be moving violently inside the cardboard box.
- Seal the box with the adhesive tape.
If you are not sure how to pack and ship specific types of fishing gear, we suggest contacting our friendly customer service.
1) Where to buy a fishing rod shipping tube?
The answer is simple: you can find it in your local tackle shop, a stationery shop or a parcel shop. Our clients recommend a 10′ tackle tube or a 2” diameter PVC well casing as a cheap solution for sending fishing rods and equipment.
2) How to choose a cardboard box for packing and shipping fishing gear?
Make sure that the cardboard box is big enough to fit the fishing rod. An average fishing rod is usually 2 meters tall. However, most of the newer fishing rod models are now foldable or even telescopic. That means that you will need a much smaller cardboard box or a shorter tube. If you plan to transport fishing tackle in the same box, make sure you wrap these items separately to protect fragile equipment when sending your fishing gear by post or via courier services.
3) How to send fishing gear safely and cheaply?
When it comes to shipping fishing equipment, the best solution in terms of costs and safety is sending it as a standard-sized parcel. Of course, this option is available for those who have portable rods, like a telescopic spinning rod, for example. A two-piece or three-piece fishing rod can also help you keep the shipping costs low.
4) Can I ship live baits?
No, shippers are not authorized to send any live baits by mail or via courier services. When shipping fishing tackle and equipment internationally, make sure that your parcel does not contain any restricted or prohibited items.
Here are some of the other items for outdoor activities that you can ship with Eurosender:
Fishing gear shipping services for companies
If you are a company selling fishing supplies and equipment, you are surely interested in finding a reliable logistics partner for shipping fishing equipment both nationally and internationally at the lowest rates. Eurosender has created an easy-to-use platform to help businesses optimize their logistics by saving time, money and efforts. We work exclusively with trusted courier service providers worldwide. No need to compare multiple service providers – our algorithm automatically chooses the best price offer for you in just a few clicks. Here are some of the advantages of creating an account with Eurosender:
- Unbeatable shipping rates – companies registered within the EU get prices without VAT, which significantly reduces delivery costs for their clients;
- Multilingual customer assistance at all stages of our cooperation;
- Instant quotes;
- Flexible offers tailored to every single company’s needs;
- Insurance up to 200 EUR included in the price of every standard package and multiple additional insurance options;
- Order history;
- Parcel tracking 24/7.