How to ship a carpet or a rug internationally
Are you a traveller who has bought an exclusive handmade carpet abroad or a company selling interior design accessories? Eurosender is here to become your reliable logistics solutions provider. Ship a carpet and any other decoration item safely and cost-effectively through our comprehensive platform. Expert advice. Full transparency. Budget-friendly prices.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their permanent shipping platform and:
- Pay with user credits and save on every shipment;
- Optimize your logistics accounting by getting consolidated invoices;
- Free up your time by having all relevant delivery information in one place;
- Forget about unresolved claims and losing money: we handle all troublesome cases on our clients’ behalf.
HOW YOU CAN SHIP
Services you can use for sending a rug by courier
How to pack a rug for shipping?
When shipping rugs internationally, you should make sure that you know how to properly prepare your package for transport. These simple instructions will surely help you send rugs by post or via courier services:
- Make sure the rug is clean and not soaked in water.
- Fold the rug (if applicable).
- Roll the rug along the width.
- Secure it with adhesive tape and ropes.
- Wrap the rug in plastic foil, but do not make the packaging airtight.
- Add an extra layer of cardboard sheet.
- If the carpet fits into a cardboard box, put it inside and add cushioning materials to cover empty spaces.
Check what service to use for shipping your rug
How much does it cost to ship a rug? Get an immediate price
FAQs about shipping rugs internationally
How much does it cost to ship a large rug?
To get a quote for sending a rug by courier via Eurosender, you need to insert your shipment dimensions in our size-checking tool. It will indicate the right transportation mode for you. Then fill in the pick-up and the destination country fields in the order form. The shipping price will appear in it at once.
Is there any insurance for shipping carpets by courier with Eurosender?
The vast majority of items shipped through the Eurosender platform are automatically protected by standard insurance. However, it does not apply to valuable and fragile items, as they are in the couriers’ restricted section. If you are planning to send expensive or delicate rugs by courier, keep in mind that adequate packaging is of the utmost importance. Companies shipping rugs through the freight transport service will have their risks covered in accordance with the CMR convention.
How can I be sure whether I can fold the rug before packing it?
If you have a delicate hand-knotted carpet, like a Persian rug, avoid folding it. Even if your carpet looks shock-resistant, make sure it does not make any crackling sounds when you fold it.
In what cases is it preferable to ship a carpet on a pallet?
It is a good solution for large area rugs that can be folded, as well as for the shipments consisting of multiple carpets.