Cheap shipping of windsurfing equipment explained
Windsurfing is not only a sport, but it is also a way of life. The laidback attitude that most surfers live their life with, is rarely seen among other people. And let’s face it, what is better than hanging out on the beach and riding the waves all day? Unfortunately, not everyone lives in a country where these waves have comfortable temperatures. However, these days it is simple and cheap to travel around the globe. But what to do with your surfboard and sail? Bringing it as excess luggage is expensive and sometimes not even possible. Don’t worry, there is a solution. Ship your windsurfing equipment with Eurosender and you will be confident that your gear arrives in time. Thanks to our network of courier companies, we can offer you the cheapest and most reliable option for your windsurfing delivery by courier. Let’s take a look at how to pack and ship windsurfing equipment.
Get informed on how to ship windsurfing equipment in a few simple steps
Shipping with Eurosender is simple, quick and reliable. All you have to do is:
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack your items for shipping.
Make sure to place an order at least two working days prior to the pick-up date and if you already leave the location have someone at the address to give the package to the courier.
Check the dimensions and weight of your parcel in the shipment size checker below. If it is too big, too heavy or oddly shaped, ask for an individual offer.
General tips for courier delivery of windsurfing equipment
- When the package will be picked up in Sweden, Poland or Spain, the sender must print the label and attach it to the box. In all other countries, the courier company will do this for you.
- Your package is automatically insured with our Standard Insurance up to €200. However, you can buy additional insurance at low prices .
- Always be present on the delivery day. When you are planning to leave the delivery address, make sure that you plan the delivery 2 days ahead or have someone else receive the shipment.
- When sending one windsurf set you can use standard shipping services. When sending more than one board, freight shipping might be a cheaper solution. When you don’t know what the best option is or if the measurements exceed the standard measurements, then you can always contact us for an individual offer. We will make sure that cheap shipping of windsurfing equipment won’t take long.
- The measurements of your package determine what the price of the transport will be. Therefore, it is extremely important that you know the dimensions of your shipment. You can use our free Shipment Size Tracker for this.
Check which service to choose
After measuring the dimensions, there are 3 categories in which your surfboard could be.
The packing of your windsurfing equipment depends on the size of your board. The maximum length for Standard Shipping is 175 cm so in most cases, it will qualify as freight shipping or you will have to request an individual offer due to the length of the board. Whatever service you need, at Eurosender you will find the best option for windsurfing equipment delivery by courier.
Packing materials for courier delivery of windsurfing equipment
As mentioned before, how to pack and ship windsurfing equipment depends on the size of your board. Keeping that in mind, you will be able to pack your windsurfing equipment in most cases with the packing materials below.
- Cardboard Box: This is necessary when you use standard shipping. You can buy Cardboard boxes at most hardware store and stationery shops. If they don’t offer the right size, you can always order a (custom made) box online.
- Bubble wrap: Any kind will do but we recommend the thicker type. Don’t forget to wrap everything multiple times.
- Bag: This can be either a paper bag or a plastic one as long as you wrap it with bubble wrap after you placed the windsurfing accessories in it.
- Cushioning material: This is necessary to fill up the empty spaces in the box after placing the board.
- Adhesive tape: With the tape, you can close and seal the box.
- Scissors or Stanley knife
How to pack and ship windsurfing equipment
How to pack and ship windsurfing equipment depends on the size of your board and the number of boards. In most cases, there are two options: using freight shipping or requesting an individual offer due to the length of the board.
When you decide to ship you ship windsurfing equipment to your holiday address on a pallet, then please take a look at the following advice.
- Disassemble all the parts. This way you can be sure that they won’t get damaged along the way. Also, keep in mind that the parts have to be assembled again at the receiving end. So, don’t forget to add the necessary tools for that.
- Place all the details and accessories in 1 bag so that they won’t get lost.
- Wrap the board in bubble wrap multiple times and attach everything together with tape.
- Use straps to attach the board to the pallet so that it won’t move during transport.
Reasons for courier delivery of windsurfing equipment
- Shipping used windsurfing equipment: With not everyone able or willing to buy new windsurfing equipment, buying used gear is a cost-effective solution. With numerous online marketplaces available today, your new equipment is only a few clicks away. But then questions arise about shipping used windsurfing equipment, which is often not included in the price. Searching for the cheapest option might be a tedious process. But this is not the case with Eurosender, where you can find the fastest and cheapest options for shipping used windsurfing equipment in a few minutes.
- Travel: For many windsurf enthusiasts, windsurfing is the ultimate holiday sport. The problem is that it is quite big and therefore it might be pricey to take it with you on board of a plane. So, when you are looking for cheap shipping of windsurfing equipment, you can turn to Eurosender. We will help you get your ship windsurfing equipment to your holiday address.
- Competitions: There are many windsurf competitions in various places in the world. When you compete and are aiming for the top spots, you don’t want to be distracted by wasting time on arranging transport for your gear. With windsurfing equipment delivery by courier, you don’t have to worry about this. The only thing you have to do is pack your equipment, place the order and Eurosender will take care of the rest.
Users who sent windsurfing equipment with Eurosender also sent the following items:
When you have further questions about courier delivery of windsurfing equipment, you can check out our Help section or get in touch with our Customer Support team which provides multilingual support in 15 languages.