How to ship kombucha and brewing supplies
With home-brewed and commercially-produced kombucha becoming increasingly popular, both individuals and businesses look for ways to ship kombucha tea and brewing supplies, affordably and reliably. Discover how Eurosender can help you find the right service suited to your kombucha delivery, at the best price available. But first, learn how to pack kombucha for hassle-free international and domestic delivery.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Kombucha delivery services for businesses
Businesses trust Eurosender to add efficiency to their logistics department when shipping kombucha or anything else internationally. Register your business for free to benefit from a full overview of all your business logistics processes, access a wide network of international couriers with unbeatable low-rates for shipping and fast, easy payment options. Take advantage of expert advice when you need smart solutions for unusual shipping requests.
THE BEST WAY TO SHIP KOMBUCHA
Ship packaged kombucha drinks safely and reliably
Regardless of how often you ship, the volume each time or if you’re a business or individual, Eurosender have a solution to suit any type of kombucha shipping:
Do you have different requirements? Request an individual offer
How to ship kombucha drink
- Pack kombucha drinks into glass container: if home-made, or if your kombucha is commercially-made, keep it in its original sealed container.
- Wrap each bottle separately: using bubble wrap, wrap each bottle several times. Ensure the glass container cannot leak.
- Use gel packs: To keep the container cool during transport.
- Pack each bottle into a separate box: ensuring it can hold the weight of your glass container. Fill any extra space with newspaper, packing peanuts and additional gel packs to prevent movement during transport.
How to pack kombucha starter kit for shipping
Send your kombucha drink along with all the pieces of a starter kit, including the best way to transport a scoby and other items.
- Pack kombucha jar: According to the previous instructions, protect your glass jar with multiple layers of bubble wrap, and if transporting an empty jar, fill any space inside with cushioning material.
- Pack kombucha scoby: Place the scoby into a separate glass jar with a small amount of starter tea, and ensure the container is sealed. Wrap the container several times with thermal bubble-wrap and use gel packs or dry ice to keep the container cool.
- Pack remaining items: Place tea bags and sugar in separate containers, and wrap each of these separately with bubble wrap. You should also protect your brewing cloth and coffee filters with additional layers of bubble wrap for protection. Place all the items into a box, ensuring any extra space is filled and items cannot move during transport.
Frequently asked questions about shipping kombucha and shipping brewing supplies internationally
Can I ship kombucha with every courier company?
It is important to note that not all courier companies will ship kombucha internationally. For example, DHL, TNT and UPS will not ship packages that contain kombucha within the content. Each courier has specific rules and requirements for different shipments and services, so we recommend checking this further with the designated courier for your route. When booking Express or Regular plus shipping services, please make sure not to include these items as the courier will refuse to collect the parcel. If you need further assistance, you can reach us by chat, phone or email before shipping to discuss your options further.
Can you ship kombucha through courier services?
It often goes unnoticed by couriers when packed correctly, and people do often send one or two bottles of kombucha or other homemade perishable goods in the mail. Please be aware that it is not recommended to ship kombucha tea which is home-made, as this is classified as a perishable item which is on the list of restricted items with some courier companies. If you decide to ship kombucha, please keep in mind that you do it on your own responsibility, meaning that no reimbursement is guaranteed if the parcel is damaged.
Is insurance included when shipping kombucha?
- For commercial businesses: If you are shipping kombucha in larger quantities as an authorised producer, your shipment will include basic insurance in the price. Additional insurance is available for purchase at a discounted rate.
- For individuals: With shipments of kombucha or any other homemade, perishable goods (including shipping a kombucha scoby), individual shippers do so at their own risk as these are not covered by insurance.