How to ship kombucha and brewing supplies
The popularity of kombucha consumption has been gaining momentum for a while. Anyway, it was a common drink before in practically every household in the 1980s. Kombucha is believed to benefit health, that is why many people are interested in getting a starter kit for brewing this drink at home. Eurosender can provide affordable kombucha delivery services along with the instructions to pack kombucha starter kit. Read this article to learn how to ship kombucha drink, scoby, and other pieces of kombucha equipment.
What is the cost to ship kombucha brewing supplies?
If you are a beginner in brewing kombucha or an experienced master making this drink for years, it is worth learning more about affordable kombucha delivery service with Eurosender. In case you need to share a kombucha scoby with your friend or just send a starter kit, we will explain how to ship kombucha tea and brewing supplies with courier services.
- Pack your shipment. Depending on whether you need to send ready-to-drink kombucha or ship brewing supplies for its manufacturing, it is necessary to pack your shipment properly for safe transportation via courier. Discover how to pack kombucha starter kit following the instructions in the next section of this article.
- Measure your shipment. Shipping brewing supplies internationally or domestically is easy, but you need to select the right type of logistics services first. Take the dimensions of your parcel and insert them in the Shipment Size Checker. In case you need to ship packaged kombucha drink in bulk to your consumers but your shipment is not suitable for standard courier services, consider pallet delivery or freight forwarding instead.
- Calculate the approximate delivery time. Use our online tool to estimate the delivery date when your shipment arrives at the place of destination. Consider that there still might be rare cases of delayed delivery resulted from various circumstances ranging from weather conditions to customs security check.
- Carefully fill out the order form. After you provide explicit shipment details and destination addresses, you will instantly see the cost to ship kombucha brewing supplies and the drink itself. Furthermore, you have to correctly fill out the fields with personal information before you complete the order form.
- Contact our support team. In case you have some questions about our services or need to learn more on how to ship kombucha drink, scoby, and brewing supplies, feel free to reach out to our experts.
Materials needed to pack kombucha drink and brewing supplies
Whichever shipment you are going to dispatch to another city or country, you have to pack it properly using the following packaging materials.
- Cardboard boxes– you will need at least two cardboard boxes for your shipment be it kombucha drink or brewing supplies. You can buy them at any stationery or hardware store or get some used ones at your local supermarket as well.
- Glass jars or glass containers – this type of reservoir is suitable to store your kombucha scoby safely.
- Dry ice packs – in case you are sending kombucha tea or drink that needs to be refrigerated, it is highly advisable to add cold packs or dry ice packs to it. You can get them at supermarkets or homeware stores.
- Plastic bags – you will need them for protecting small and loose items.
- Bubble wrap – to protect fragile and delicate items such as glass jars during transportation.
- Cushioning materials – you can take polystyrene sheets, packing peanuts, crumpled newspapers, shredded paper, or other kinds of materials to create padding and fill empty spaces in the box.
- Adhesive tape – it is needed for sealing and thoroughly covering the shipment.
Prepare kombucha drink and pack kombucha starter kit for shipping
Whether you need to send a kombucha scoby or dispatch glass jars with kombucha tea, you have to pack your shipment properly for transportation.
- Pack kombucha starter kit. Kombucha brewing supplies usually include a kombucha jar, scoby, tea bags, tight-weave brewing cloth or paper coffee filter, and sugar. Put tea and sugar in separate plastic bags, place a scoby in a jar and cover it with bubble wrap, cover brewing cloth with bubble wrap as well.
- Pack kombucha scoby. If it is time to share a mother kombucha scoby, you can send its parts to others who are eager to make kombucha drink. It is necessary to put kombucha scoby in a glass jar, put dry ice packs around, and cover it with thermal bubble wrap.
- Pack kombucha drink. Depending on the volume of kombucha drink you are planning to send, you have to take the appropriate container or another type of packaging. Commercially made kombucha drink should be kept in its original packaging while shipping homemade kombucha is not recommended.
- Put the items in the box. Once you are ready with the primary packaging, place your items in the box and separate them with cushioning materials, Afterwards, fill all the voids and empty spaces in the box and seal it with the help of adhesive tape.
In case you are interested in shipping food and drinks in general, check our dedicated article providing all the necessary details.
As kombucha is a perishable product, it is on the list of prohibited and restricted items of most courier companies. It means that shipping kombucha will be under the sole responsibility of the consignor.
How to ship kombucha with Eurosender
Eurosender is concerned about granting affordable kombucha delivery service by offering a variety of benefits and affordable prices. Our partnerships with trustworthy logistics companies along with our strong negotiating power result in a reasonable cost to ship kombucha brewing supplies and the drink itself. Here are the most common reasons for sending kombucha tea and supplies with courier services.
- Shipping a kombucha scoby to a friend. Once you have successfully grown a kombucha scoby, it would be possible to share it with others. As a kombucha scoby is an inevitable part of brewing supplies, you should carefully follow the instructions to properly pack kombucha starter kit for transportation.
- Selling kombucha. Are you a small or medium-sized business producing kombucha or creating kombucha starter kits? Make Eurosender a reliable shipping partner and guarantee affordable kombucha delivery service for your consumers. Consider setting up an account on our platform to get access to special programs and bonuses.
- Sending kombucha as a gift. While kombucha drink is extremely popular in some countries, it could appear exotic and yet unknown in others. If you want to surprise your nearest and dearest, shipping this tasty drink as a gift could be a perfect present.
Do you have any more questions on how to ship kombucha drink and supplies? Contact our team of logistics experts for more information and pieces of professional advice.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping kombucha drink and brewing supplies. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship kombucha drink and brewing supplies, Eurosender will not be responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.