Send bottles and cans of beer in the mail or by courier
Send a couple of beer bottles as a gift to your family or friends living far or deliver beer cases to customers or trade partners. At Eurosender you can get the best rates on the market for sending bottles and cans of beer in the mail or by courier. Check our tips on how to pack beer bottles and cans before shipping.
SOLUTIONS FOR BUSINESSES
Best way to ship beer internationally
Join thousands of companies that have chosen Eurosender as their permanent shipping platform and:
- pay with user credits and save on each shipment
- optimize your logistics accounting by obtaining consolidated invoices
- save your time by having all the relevant information about your shipments in one place
SHIPPING SERVICES TO MEET YOUR NEEDS
How to transport beer bottles and cans at the lowest cost?
At Eurosender we offer multiple shipping solutions to match any needs when shipping beer.
How to pack beer bottles and cans before shipping them on a pallet?
For companies that use the pallet delivery service, we suggest following these steps:
- Protect the surface of the pallet with corrugated cardboard.
- Place the boxes a pallet in a way so that they do not protrude over the edges of the pallet.
- Secure the beer boxes on the pallet using shipping straps and wrap them tightly in a stretch foil or bubble wrap.
Rules and regulations for shipping beer as a company
The regulations vary depending on the countries of collection and delivery, but in general, freight shipments of beer by licensed producers and retailers are legal and are even covered by CMR insurance.
How to pack beer bottles and cans before shipping?
- Place each beer bottle in a hermetic plastic bag. Put several layers of bubble wrap or foam paper around each beer bottle to ensure their safety during shipping.
- If you send six-pack beer cans, envelope the whole pack in several layers of bubble wrap.
- Take a cardboard box and put some cushioning materials (polystyrene chips, etc.) on the bottom.
- Place your beer bottles in the box and fill in all empty spaces in it with cushioning materials.
- Close the box and seal all the flaps and edges with adhesive tape.
- You can also add warnings like “Fragile” or “Handle with care” on the top of your package
Rules and regulations for sending bottles and cans of beer as individuals
Sending and receiving alcoholic drinks by mail or courier from online stores is perfectly legal. However, when it comes to individuals wanting to ship beer, it is worth noting that most courier companies include alcoholic drinks on the list of restricted items to ship. Still, many people send bottles and cans of beer in the mail or by courier on a daily basis. Although sending beer is common, it is done at your own risk, therefore when shipping beer, make sure you understand the relevant regulations and restrictions in the pick-up and delivery country.
Ready to get started?
People trust our expertise
FAQ on transporting beer bottles and cans at the lowest cost
Is it possible to send bottles and cans of beer in the mail or by courier as a gift?
Despite the fact that alcohol shipping is not recommended by most courier companies, many people send bottles and cans of beer in the mail or by the courier as a gift every day. For this reason, it is important to take care of the proper packaging, because the shipping is done at your own risk. As for the businesses, the shipment of beer by the licensed and authorised companies is allowed and covered by the CMR insurance.
How to ship beer from the USA to the UK?
All you have to do is to go to our booking tool here above, select your pickup and delivery countries, indicate the details of your shipment, and pay for the service. All you will need to do then is to pack your parcel and Eurosender will do all the rest.
How much does it cost to mail beer bottles?
The price of sending beer in the mail or by courier depends on the size of the shipment and the selected route. Our platform will find the best solution and show an immediate price for your shipment. Any type of service selected provides for a shipment of beers directly at the chosen address, since our shipping services are door to door.
Will I have an insurance for shipping beer cases on a pallet?
If, for instance, you have a brewery, you can easily ship your beer in bulk using our pallet delivery service. In this case, your shipment will be covered by insurance in accordance with the CMR agreement. Also, you can always buy additional insurance with Eurosender at a low cost. Individuals ship beer via standard service at their own risk and therefore the shipment will not be covered by insurance.
Disclaimer: take into consideration these guidelines when shipping beer by parcel in Europe or overseas. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restrictions. In case you decide to send beer bottles/cans in the mail or by courier, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.