Shipping alcohol in Europe or overseas by post or courier
Are you an individual or a company looking for the best way to ship alcohol in Europe or internationally? At Eurosender you can get the best rates on the market and tips on how to pack and ship alcoholic drinks safely around Europe and overseas by mail or courier.
What are you interested in?
READY TO SHIP?
Book your door-to-door delivery right away
Shipping alcohol abroad in a package
HOW TO PACK
How to prepare alcoholic drinks for shipping in a package
Pack and ship bottles of alcohol in small amounts or to send as gifts:
- Place each bottle in a plastic bag and into the bottle box. If you wish you can add one layer of bubble or foam wrap to each box for extra cushioning.
- If you are sending bottles among other belongings in the package, fill the empty spaces between the bottles with other things in the box to add cushioning.
- Close the box and seal all the flaps and edges with adhesive tape.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Get more for less!
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their permanent shipping platform and get immediate access to multiple benefits.
Set up a business account
Shipping larger loads of alcohol abroad
HOW TO PACK
How to prepare alcoholic drinks for shipping with a pallet
For businesses using the pallet delivery service, we suggest following the steps below:
- Place some liner paper on the pallet and all your boxes or packs of alcoholic beverages on it.
- Add liner paper directly between each layer, to decrease friction and spread the weight evenly.
- Fix the shipment to the pallet with straps and secure it with stretch foil or bubble wrap.
Regulations on shipping alcohol in the EU and internationally
Depending on the countries of collection and delivery, different rules may apply. Generally, freight shipments of alcoholic beverages such as wine, beer or cider are perfectly legal and are even covered by CMR insurance. In order to book freight shipments of stronger drinks such as whiskey or vodka, companies should agree on terms with authorised carriers only.
Receiving alcoholic drinks by mail or courier from online stores is perfectly legal. However, when it comes to individuals wanting to ship alcohol, most courier companies include alcoholic drinks on the list of restricted items to ship. Still, many people decide to ship them internationally.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?