How to pack and ship wine bottles by mail or courier
Are you a business owner looking for the best way to ship wine to your customers and partners internationally? Or would you like to send a bottle of wine as a gift to your friends and family? Find here the best logistics solutions for shipping wine by courier within Europe or abroad. Check how to properly pack a bottle of wine to ensure safe transit and get the best wine courier service to send it.
What are you interested in?
READY TO SHIP?
Sending a single wine bottle internationally
HOW TO PACK
How to pack wine bottles for shipping with a courier
Shipping wine with a courier may seem a little tricky. However, proper wine packaging when sending a few bottles among other belongings in an ordinary package assures a safe delivery and is neither impossible nor uncommon.
- Wrap the bottles individually with bubble wrap to protect your bottles during transit. You can also place each wine bottle in a leak-proof plastic bag to protect your package in case of spillage.
- Put the wine bottles into a carton box. Fill any empty space left with cushioning material.
- Close and seal the shipping box. Attach the label if needed. You can also add a sign “Fragile” or “Handle with care” on the top of your wine packaging.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their permanent shipping platform and get immediate access to multiple benefits.
Set up a business account
Send multiple wine bottles internationally with a courier company
HOW TO PACK
How to pack wine bottles in pallets for shipping internationally
For businesses shipping wine using the pallet delivery service, we suggest following the packaging steps below:
- Place some liner paper on the pallet and place the boxes containing the wine bottles on it.
- Add liner paper between each layer you stack, to decrease friction and spread the weight evenly.
- Fix the shipment to the pallet with straps and secure it with stretch foil or bubble wrap. Attach the shipping label.
Regulations on shipping wine internationally by courier
Depending on the countries of collection and delivery, different rules may apply. Generally, freight shipments of wine bottles delivered by licensed transport companies are perfectly legal and are even covered by CMR insurance. Authorised businesses can also send single wine bottles via courier services when selling to their customers, which is usually done under special agreements with the transporter.
Having wine delivered by mail or courier from online stores is perfectly legal. However, when it comes to individuals wanting to ship wine among themselves, most courier companies include alcoholic drinks on the list of restricted items to ship. Still, many people decide to ship properly packaged wine bottles internationally, at their own risk.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?