Packing and shipping cello and cello bows to another destination
Many are shipping cellos across the country or internationally whether for performance, selling, buying, repairing or relocating to another location. At Eurosender, we understand the tangible and intangible value of musical instruments. As such, our experts will provide you with advice for safe transportation of your cello or cello bows to their destination. Follow our guide for packing a cello, and send it abroad carefree!
READY TO SHIP?
How much does it cost to ship a cello
People trust our expertise
How much does it cost to ship a cello to my customers?
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen us as their permanent platform to organise transportation services their customers. By entrusting us with your goods, not only you will benefit from the safest transportation for cellos abroad, but also with advanced and tech logistics solutions. Register now and get your own digital dashboard to oversee and control all your past and current shipments!
How to ship a cello
Pack a cello in a box and send it across the country or abroad
The following guidelines apply both for shipping a cello in a hard case or a soft bag.
- Add foam blocks underneath the strings, under each side of the bridge. If you do not have foam blocks.
- Protect the scroll and the neck with foam or Styrofoam.
- Zip the cello bag or the hard case.
- Add bubble wrap around, to protect the shipment from any shocks during transportation.
- Add cushioning material on the bottom of the box, and the sides to increase the thickness of the box.
- Place the cello inside the package.
- Fill the voids with packing materials or bubble wrap.
- Seal the box with adhesive tape.
Pack a cello bow for shipping
- Wrap the cello bow with bubble wrap.
- Leave some bubble wrap on each side, to serve as padding once placed in the PVC tube.
- Place the wrapped cello bow in a PVC shipping tube.
- Add more bubble wrap to fill the voids.
- Add the end cup to the PVC tube.
- Fill a box with packing peanuts.
- Put the bow shipping tube inside the box.
- Fill the voids with more packing peanuts.
Get an instant quote for your shipment