How to ship a cello across Europe?
Playing the cello can be extremely rewarding because it allows combining both mental and physical exercises. Moreover, it conceals many benefits highly appreciated by current and potential cello players. If you are among those, you are probably thinking of sending a cello across Europe due to performances, buying, selling, repairing, or relocating reasons. At Eurosender, we acknowledge both tangible and intangible value of musical instruments. That is why we offer you a guide for safe and cost-efficient shipping of cello across Europe, with reliable logistics service providers.
How to place an order for shipping a cello?
Choose the pickup and delivery countries, the number of packages, and their exact parameters
You will receive the best available offer
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service
Get informed on how to pack and ship a violin
Sending a cello abroad or across the country starts from submitting a request in the form below where you need to indicate only some basic details. Afterwards, an optimal shipment option with an automatically chosen logistics company will be specified. Then, you will only need to pack a cello for shipping abroad or domestically.
Please, consider that any shipment processed by Eurosender is insured by up to 200€ by default. Once you send a very expensive cello, we recommend you to take additional insurance for 1000€ or 2000€ which actually does not significantly influence the total cost of the shipment.
If you have any questions about placing an order, packing, or shipping a cello across Europe, you are more than welcome to contact us. Our experienced logistics experts and customer support agents would gladly provide you with essential recommendations and suggestions.
Shipping a cello abroad or domestically
Your musical instrument surely constitutes both tangible and intangible value to you, so you should think of shipping a cello across Europe safely. As Eurosender partners with reliable logistics companies, you can pass the task of sending a cello abroad or within the same country to us.
We advise you to stick to consider the following recommendations while shipping a cello with logistics service providers:
- Additional tips will help you to pack a cello accordingly to minimize the risk of any damages. Then, take the dimensions of the package and insert them in the Shipment Size Checker. This calculator will determine whether you can send a cello through standard shipping services or an individual offer is needed.
- Depending on the pick-up country (Poland, Spain, or Sweden), or if Flexi service is chosen, you will need to prepare labels. Thus, check with the shipping services provider if you need to print and put labels on the package.
- Consider placing an order at least 2 days before the actual pick-up date, especially when you are about to leave the pick-up address shortly after booking the service. However, you can ask another person to give your package to a courier.
Materials for packing a cello
When shipping a cello, you need to ensure that a package is appropriately protected. This is necessary to prevent any damages even if you choose the most reliable and trustworthy logistics service providers. We introduce a list of packaging materials necessary for cello protection:
- Cello case – make sure that you take an original case provided along with the instrument. Putting a cello in a proper case decreases the risk of cracks and other damages.
- Bubble wrap – this type of packaging material is helpful in protecting fragile parts of the instrument. You can find and buy it at any stationary or hardware store.
- Adhesive tape – it is used for securing packaging materials and even some parts of musical instruments.
- Foam wrap – it should be thick enough to ensure the appropriate protection of your violin. You can find it in any hardware store
- Foam blocks – they fill voids and help to make the items immovable.
- Cardboard box and sheets – the best way is to use a cardboard box provided to you initially with the instrument. Otherwise, consider taking cardboard boxes and sheets from supermarkets or hardware stores.
- Packing strips – those are helpful to carry your package. You can find packing strips at the stationary.
How to pack a cello for shipping abroad?
Initially, packing a cello may seem to be a difficult and highly responsible task. However, the following set of instructions could help you to cope with this challenge effectively:
- Put the cello in the case. It is better to use an original case provided together with the cello.
- Protect the scroll. Suspend the scroll so that there is no contact with the bottom of the case. Put some bubble wrap around the scroll of the cello
- Protect the bridge. Take two foam blocks with the dimensions of 10 cm, 10 cm, and 10 cm relatively, and put them under each side of the bridge.
- Check the bows. Secure the bows in the bow holders.
- Close the case. Secure all latches or zip up the case. In case you have a soft case, cover it with plenty of bubble wrap.
- Prepare the box. Put some pieces of cardboard on the bottom of the box.
- Put the cello in the box. Fill the empty spaces with bubble wrap, shredded paper, or rolled cardboard so that there is no movement of the case. Furthermore, you can put some pieces of cardboard on both sides to make the walls thicker. Put plenty of bubble wrap at the top of the box
- Seal and protect the box. Secure all sides of the box with adhesive tape and attach packing strips to make the item easier to carry.
- Label the package if needed. Additionally, you can label the box with a sign saying “Fragile” or “Handle with care”. However, note that such a warning cannot guarantee that a package will be treated as such and should not substitute adequate packaging.
There are multiple reasons for sending a cello abroad with Eurosender:
- Buying or selling a cello. Sometimes, vendors and customers reside in different countries. That is why shipping a cello abroad would be the most appropriate option. At Eurosender, we offer you an affordable way of transporting your musical instruments safely.
- Repair services. The maintenance of musical instruments could be really tough for its owners. That way, Eurosender offers reliable shipping services to deliver your cello to the authorized repairer abroad upon necessity.
- Musical concerts or performances. Using personal cellos is crucially important during performances because its owners know all the details about their musical instruments, which allows managing them properly. However, travelling with a cello could be difficult because of restrictions and strict luggage allowances. Meanwhile, Eurosender offers quick and safe delivery of your cello to the predefined location.
- Moving abroad. Sometimes, one may decide to change the place of residence and use logistics service providers for shipping valuable items, including the musical instruments. Thus, Eurosender is here to organize fast and secure transportation of your cello.
Do you have any other questions or uncertainties about packing or shipping a cello? Feel free to call us or write an e-mail and our experienced customer support agents will gladly assist you.