How to ship drums overseas and domestically
Drummers, musicians and music businesses all look for the best way to ship a drum set and accessories to ensure they arrive safely to their destination. Eurosender has a solution to suit any sized shipment of drums and urgency, so you can ship electric drums to the UK, transport a drum set to the USA, or send a drum set inland to any destination in a few simple steps. Before you ship drums internationally, follow our guidelines on arranging a drum kit for shipping.
Music businesses and retailers ship drum kits with Eurosender
Whether you’re shipping an acoustic or electric drum set to retailers or individuals, discover why thousands have trusted Eurosender to up-scale their logistics department, increase efficiency and save on shipping costs with our convenient digital platform. Register your business to keep track of all of your shipments, including past, present and future expenses. Discover how your business can benefit from Eurosender business services for shipping musical instruments and gain an advantage against your competition.
Shipping drums internationally or domestically
If you need to transport a drum set to a performance, to a customer, or when moving house, Eurosender has a shipping solution to suit any worldwide shipping requirement:
Do you have different requirements? Request an individual offer
How to package a drum kit for shipping
Preparing a drum set for shipping can be tricky, but with our guidelines and the right packaging materials, you can ensure your drums arrive safely to their destination:
- Remove the hardware: including stands, legs etc. and put them to one side.
- Prepare bass drum: removing the drum hoops and heads. Wrap the bass drum hoops with bubble-wrap and slide them into the shell.
- Pack drums: wrap the bass drum floor tom with bubble wrap several times, and then wrap with a layer of cardboard and tape securely. Repeat for all drums.
- Prepare the box: with a layer of bubble wrap and additional cardboard on the bottom and sides.
- Place drums into a box: starting with the drum bass shell, and place each smaller drum inside one another. Place the bass drum heads into a box and fill any extra space with packing peanuts.
- Pack the snare drum separately: by covering both the drum and the bottom and sides of the box with bubble-wrap and cardboard.
- Pack the cymbals separately: by covering both the cymbals and box with additional cardboard and bubble-wrap as in steps 3 and 4.
- Pack smaller hardware and other items: by wrapping with additional bubble-wrap and tape, and depending on how much space is left, place them into each box.
- Fill any extra space with cushioning: to ensure nothing can move around during transport.
- Label each box and seal with tape: reinforcing the sides of each box.
Van delivery service
The cheapest way to ship a drum kit overseas
Frequently asked questions about how to transport acoustic and electronic drums
How much does it cost to ship drums internationally?
Is insurance included when shipping a drum kit?
What is the best way to ship a drum set within Europe?
If you are moving house, or need to transport a used drum set to a buyer within Europe, a great way to transport an electric or acoustic drum set directly is to book a van delivery. This way, you don’t need to pack your drum set for moving, as the space in the van is dedicated solely to your shipment, with no stop-overs. The cheapest way to ship a small drum kit is to send it through our standard service, but if it is too large, we recommend to pack your drum set onto pallets instead. If you are unsure or have an unusual shipment, you can always request an individual offer and our experts will happily prepare a tailor-made solution to ship an electric or acoustic drum kit to any destination.