Courier services for a luggage rack or roof rack
Businesses and individuals encounter situations when they need to travel with a roof rack abroad, rent it to someone else, or even sell and send it to another country. For renting or selling purposes, you can use courier services for a luggage rack. As Eurosender collaborates with reliable logistics companies, you receive the best cost to transport a car luggage rack abroad. Follow the packaging guidelines for a roof rack so that you can easily prepare it for transportation.
What is the cost to transport a car luggage rack abroad or inland?
There is a variety of roof rack and roof luggage types, including those for cars, vans, or various pickup trucks. Nevertheless, their construction is pretty similar, while the size may vary across models. Some roof racks are designed specifically for definite cars, vans, or trucks, while others are the universal ones. In any case, you will get the best cost to transport a car luggage rack abroad.
- Before shipping, check packaging guidelines for a roof rack provided in this article. Afterwards, measure the dimensions and weight of your shipment and insert them in the Shipment Size Checker to find out what type of service is appropriate for you. If, for instance, your car roof box or other item is longer than 175 cm, you will need to ask for an individual offer.
- Afterwards, fill in the order form and check the cost to transport a car luggage rack abroad with courier services. Undoubtedly, you will receive the best offer in terms of the price-to-performance ratio. Afterwards, we will arrange all the procedures and communication with a chosen logistics service provider and help you to ship a universal roof rack abroad, across Europe, or within the same country.
- Please make sure that you place an order on our platform at least 2 business days in advance to make sure that you can convey your parcel to a courier on the pick-up date. You can also ask another person in charge to give your parcel instead of you.
- If you use standard shipping services where Poland, Sweden, or Spain is a pick-up country, please print out a label and attach it to the package.
- Eurosender insures each shipment automatically for the amount of up to €200, so you can take advantage of courier services for a luggage rack and be confident that your items are safe.
Send us more questions about how to travel with a roof rack abroad or ship it with courier services instead. Out logistics experts will gladly assist you.
What materials are needed to pack a roof rack?
Original cases. Take original cases or carry bags initially provided with your universal roof rack or box.
Sturdy cardboard boxes. Each package should be sent in a cardboard box. You can find a new one at any stationery or take a used one in the supermarket. Make sure that it fits the size of your shipment.
Cardboard scrap. Use it for thickening walls of the box and granting additional protection.
Furniture blankets. They could be useful especially when you need to protect your roof box. Make sure that whichever blankets you use are thick enough.
Bubble wrap and foam wrap. These packaging materials are used to pack small and fragile items or serve as cushioning materials.
Cushioning materials. You can use packing peanuts, crumpled newspapers, or bubble wrap as cushioning materials.
Packing tape. It is necessary for securing packing materials, fixing items, or protecting the box.
Packaging guidelines for a roof rack
The main function of the roof rack is to keep bulky and oversized items safe during transportation. Thus, it is necessary to follow packaging guidelines for a roof rack so that none of its components or elements will get damaged. Follow these guidelines to enhance safety and protection levels during their transportation or shipping.
- Detach a roof rack from the vehicle. It is necessary to detach all the elements of your roof rack carefully from the car, van, or truck
- Pack a roof rack. If your roof rack consists of bars only, you need to put them in plastic bags or entirely cover with two layers of bubble wrap and fix it with adhesive tape.
- Prepare a roof box. If you ship a roof box, make sure that it is clean. Close your roof box and cover with furniture blankets or another canvas made of thick fabric.
- Prepare a box. Put plenty of packing peanuts on the bottom of the box. You can also put several pieces of cardboard scrap to thicken the walls.
- Put the items in a box. If you keep an original box of your roof rack or box, take it then. Otherwise, take sturdy cardboard boxes of the corresponding size from a hardware store or supermarket. Make sure that the box is not too big or too small. Nest your roof rack, bars, or box inside the cardboard box and fill all the voids with cushioning materials.
- Seal the box. Before you seal the box, check whether the items are immovable inside it. Then, use adhesive tape to seal the box and secure all the seams.
The reasons to send a roof rack to another country
- Selling a roof rack. If you sell a roof rack or bars to a person living in another country or city, it would be better to use courier services for a luggage rack. As Eurosender cooperates with renown logistics companies, your items will be transported safely and promptly.
- Renting a roof rack. Your friends or relatives might want to mount a roof rack on their vehicle before going on a trip, but they need to find or rent a used one instead of purchasing it. Thus, you can help them by renting a roof rack or bars. It will be easy as we provide shipping and packaging guidelines for a roof rack.
- Exchanging or substituting roof racks. If you have a roof rack that is specifically designed for your car, van, or vehicle, you can send it back to the manufacturer for repair. You can also check how to pack and ship car parts or how to send a bicycle via courier.
In case you want to send a car roof rack abroad or domestically but have some doubts or questions left, do it with courier services for a luggage rack. Contact our logistics specialists and they will gladly provide all the necessary recommendations and details.