Transporting a telescope. How to pack and ship a telescope?
Whether you are an individual looking for the best way to ship a telescope or a business owner sending telescopes by mail to customers, you can find here the best logistics solution. At Eurosender we know how sensitive it can be to transport both professional and beginner telescopes. Therefore, our logistics experts have prepared a guide to help you pack and organise the transportation of telescopes domestically or internationally.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Delivery options for stores and distributors
Save up on logistics efforts when shipping products to your customers through Eurosender. Whether you need to send a package or a pallet to your customers or business partners, use our platform and expand your business globally. Create your own digital department on our platform and manage all your shipping from your personal dashboard.
Logistics solutions for telescope transportation by courier
Choose the delivery service that best suits your needs when transporting telescopes domestically or abroad by a courier.
Do you have different requirements? Request an individual offer
Telescope packing guide for sending via standard service
Proper packing is crucial when shipping a telescope abroad by courier. Follow the instructions we have prepared on how to pack a telescope to insure safe telescope transportation by courier.
- Wrap the individual parts with bubble wrap or padded foam sheeting. Put small items in plastic pouches.
- Put the telescope and bags in the original or protective carrying case. Use a cardboard box if you don’t have a case.
- Place the case into a shipping box. Secure with appropriate cushioning materials such as the peanuts, crumpled paper and bubble wrap.
- Seal the box with adhesive tape. You can label it with a sign saying “Fragile” or “Handle with care”. However, note that such a warning cannot guarantee that the package will be treated as such and should not substitute adequate packaging.
How to pack and ship a telescope abroad on a pallet
- Prepare the telescope in advance. Remove the detachable parts and pack them separately in plastic bags. Label the contents of the bags. Tape any loose parts.
- Protect any parts that cannot be removed with bubble wrap so that nothing moves during transport.
- Wrap the telescope entirely in bubble wrap, together with cushioning materials.
- Place the telescope on the pallet centrally and fix the items on the pallet with straps.
- Build a crate around the telescope.
FAQs about international telescope transportation by courier
What are the insurance options for telescopes’ transportation overseas?
We strongly advise you to keep the original invoice for your items since it serves as proof of value if needed.