Brexit parcel delivery to Europe from the UK
Sending parcels to Europe after Brexit may seem complicated now that the transition period is over. But with the right logistics company by your side, both businesses and individuals can continue shipping parcels and packages, knowing their goods are in good hands. We offer simple logistics solutions for both companies and individuals shipping packages to Europe. Minimise the impact of Brexit on your shipping processes and benefit from affordable parcel delivery solutions to Europe and the UK.
Sending parcels to Europe from the UK after Brexit
REASONS TO USE
Why choose post-Brexit parcel delivery with Eurosender?
Assistance from experts in the logistics field
Access to vetted couriers & freight forwarders
Optimal transport solutions
Safe transport with insurance included for every order
Sending gifts and parcels from the UK to Europe after Brexit: VAT and duties
As the United Kingdom leaves the EU customs territory, new rules apply regarding import/export fees when shipping to Europe after Brexit. When shipping gifts, non-commercial packages or envelopes between UK and EU, VAT and duties may apply as follows:
VAT on gifts sent from UK to Europe
Gifts sent to Europe are exempt of VAT as long as:
- they are not worth more than €45;
- they are sent occasionally from one individual to another;
- they are for personal use/consumption only.
Duties on parcels sent from the UK to Europe
Non-commercial parcels sent from the UK to Europe must pay duties if:
- their value exceeds €150;
- the package contains excise goods such as alcohol or tobacco (see exceptions under FAQ).
All commercial goods will be subject to VAT from the 1st of July.
Shipments marked as documents are not subject to customs duties or VAT. However, only paper documents, personal Ids and other non-commercial papers can be sent under this exception.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Brexit parcel delivery for companies
Choose our logistics solutions when sending goods to Europe or the UK after Brexit. Find the right transport solution tailored to your needs on our one-stop platform and benefit from affordable post-Brhttps://www.eurosender.com/en/sap/shipping-documents/customs-formsexit deliveries to Europe or any other destination worldwide!
Set up a business account
Things to keep in mind when sending parcels to Europe after Brexit
- Before sending goods to Europe from the UK after Brexit, bear in mind that you must thoroughly fill out the necessary customs documentation for clearance purposes.
- You will receive the proforma invoice in the provided email after filling out the necessary fields during the ordering process.
- Provide detailed information about the goods, such as what they are made from, their corresponding HS codes, their origin, their purpose, and their value.
- You must comply with the regulations on prohibited and restricted items imposed by courier companies and countries before sending parcels to the EU after Brexit.
- You have to leave the parcel open before the courier comes to collect the parcel so they can inspect the goods.
- In some cases, the courier driver will call you upon collection.
Additional documentation required when shipping from Ireland to the UK
There will be some important updates from the 1st of January 2023 in the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement on how are the rules of origin determined for the goods you are shipping.
Some additional proof of origin documentation will have to be provided in order to benefit from the 0% duty rate when shipping from Ireland to the UK with DHL, TNT and UPS. Therefore, the statement of origin will no longer be enough, but you should provide some of the following:
- Registered Exporter Systems (REX) Authorisation that can be granted by Irish Revenue. To be granted the REX number, certain criteria must be met. You can find additional information by following this link.
- Certificate of Origin that can be obtained by a local Chamber of Commerce. You can find additional information by following this link.
Van delivery from EU to the UK after Brexit – Requirements
When booking van delivery on our platform, you need to provide us with the following information:
- Copy of ID;
- Proof of residence, proving that you have resided in Europe (or country of origin) for a minimum period of 6 months;
- Proof that you have a visa to reside in the UK (except for English citizens);
- Detailed list of each item being transported: what the goods are, what they are made of, their origin, their purpose, HS code, and their value, etc;
- You need to send us the ToR (Application for transfer of residence relief) number. You can use this guide for the ToR or find the frequently asked questions here.
It is important to note that the packing list should contain information about the sender, receiver, the item description, the value of each unit and the total value. Additionally, it should be signed by the owner of the goods.
Pickup and delivery time
Same-day or next-day collection available
24h within the same continent, 48-72h worldwide
Track and Trace
Track your parcel in real-time
NEED MORE INFORMATION?