Sending a summer camp care package, quick and reliable!
Whether you are backpacking around Europe, doing a long-distance hike in the US or sending your kids to a summer camp, sending a parcel to a campsite with Eurosender is quick, cheap and reliable. Let us show you how to safely organize a parcel pickup at a camp and, and things to be aware of when shipping to a campsite. Items that are frequently shipped to campgrounds are games, candy, clothing, etc. Sending someone a care package is one of the most delightful ways of showing someone you love them. Whether you are a mother, a sister, a father, a friend, an uncle, an aunt, or a friendly neighbor, shipping a summer camp care package can turn any frown upside down.
Shipping a summer camp care package to a campsite with Eurosender
Are you looking for budget-friendly shipping to a campsite? Eurosender provides quick and cost-effective door-to-door shipping services, without having to compare prices of numerous courier companies. With our global service, we help you get your shipment to any campsite, no matter near or far.
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack your items for shipping
Courier companies can pick up parcels from houses, apartments, offices, hotels, airports, etc. When sending a parcel to a campsite, a valid and accessible address for pickup and delivery is needed. Also, you will have to pack your shipment so that it is well-protected during transport.
Check your parcel’s dimensions
Summer camp care package ideas
What you want to ship in a care package to a campsite depends on the person, age, and location. There are many possibilities to make someone feel loved. Below you find some examples of things that popular among camping visitors.
- Games and sports equipment:The most popular activities at a campsite are games and sports. No wonder that people often want to take their own games and sports equipment. With Eurosender you can ship any sports attribute you can imagine, whether it is a tennis racket, hiking gear or horse-riding equipment. And who doesn’t like to play some board games near the campfire at night?
- Food: Shipping food items can be a bit tricky, but when you read our dedicated shipping guide on shipping food, you know exactly what the possibilities are.
- Water sports: Very often a campsite is located near a river, lake or pond, making it an ideal place to practice water sports. A paddleboard, an inflatable boat or a surfboard, are just a few of the examples that you can easily send to a campsite.
- Personal items: A lovely perfume for your mother, a bottle of whiskey for your father, or perhaps a drone for your kids, only you know what the other person really wants. It could be something as small as a letter or some pictures, whatever it is when you make it personal your care package will be even more appreciated.
Things you should know when shipping to a campsite
Preparing your package for shipment is not complicated. Especially with the tips, we share with you below.
- Always check that your package doesn’t contain any items that are on the list of restricted and prohibited items for shipping.
- When shipping to a summer camp for children, check whether the things you want to send are allowed by the camp management. What you can send to your kids is also often described in the rule book of the camp.
- People spending their holidays on camping sites, frequently change location. Always make sure that they will be present at the campsite to which you send their care package.
- When the campsite is at a remote location, the courier might not serve the area daily and remote surcharges may be applied.
Do you have specific questions about the content of your care package? Contact us, and we will help you with pleasure.
Sending a summer camp care package: how to pack?
Packing your package is vital to protect it during transport. With our dedicated packing guides for dozens of items, you can pack your packages professionally in just a few minutes.
Packing starts with getting the right materials from your local supermarket or hardware store:
- Cushioning materials like bubble wrap, crumpled paper, packing peanuts, etc.
- Protective materials like Styrofoam sheets, cardboard boxes and sheet, plastic foil, etc.
- Items such as tape, scissors and stickers that say ‘Fragile’ or ‘Handle with care.’
Once you have gathered the right materials, you can start packing:
- Wrap the items in bubble wrap and put them in a plastic bag to stop it from spilling (if needed).
- Fill a sturdy cardboard box with cushioning materials. You can cover the interior walls of the box with Styrofoam sheets. And place the item(s) in the middle, make sure they cannot be damaged.
- Optional, you can place the box in a larger cardboard box and put Styrofoam sheets on the inside of that box as well.
- Wrap everything up with plastic foil and tape. And, if needed, add a shipping label. Note that adding ‘Fragile’ stickers will make people aware of the content of your parcel, but won’t guarantee to treat it as such.
Which address should I give?
Writing the address when shipping to a campsite can be tricky. Here are some things you should be aware of:
- A campsite can be huge and therefore have several entries and even addresses. Always contact the campsite for the exact place of delivery.
- The campsite itself may be closed for vehicles, or you need a unique access code to enter the territory. Always make sure that the courier can enter the given address.
- The courier, in most cases, speaks only the local language. When you don’t ask someone else, who does to be the contact person for the shipment.
All sections of the address field have to be filled in correctly, which is easy with the example below.
Choose the country of pick-up/delivery.
Ex.: United Kingdom
2. Name & Surname
Add the name of the campsite followed by the full name of the consignee.
Ex.: Green Grove, Joan Adams
Fill out the address in full.
Ex.: Chapel Lane, Oakwood
4. Additional info – Optional
Here you can add additional information.
Keep in mind that the courier doesn’t always take this info into consideration.
5. Zip code
Add the zip code
Ex.: PO18 9AW
Add the full name of the town or city.
7. Phone number
Add the phone number of the consignee
Ex.: +44 4 66 57 41 87
What are the benefits of shipping through Eurosender?
- With our secure online tracking tool, you can track your shipment 24/4, no matter where in the world you are.
- All standard shipments are automatically covered by our standard insurance. When you send valuable items, we strongly recommend adding additional coverage. Read all about it and find the rates on our individual shipping insurance page.
- With our vast network of courier companies that cooperate with, we help you find the cheapest and fastest solution for your shipment.
- Our multilingual website and customer service make placing your order easy pleasant.
- An interesting blog that helps you stay abreast of developments and new services in the transport industry.
If you have any other questions on shipping a summer camp care package abroad sending a parcel to a campsite, or you have more general questions on parcel pickups at a camp, please do not hesitate to contact one of our agents!