How to transport a fridge or a freezer domestically or abroad?
Whether you are an individual or a company, Eurosender is here to help you move your fridge freezer by courier at any chosen address and at the lowest cost! Discover our door-to-door transport services, get an immediate quote and book the shipment. Learn how to pack your fridge freezer and let Eurosender ensure its safe and quick transportation, whether domestically or abroad!
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
International shipments of fridge freezers for companies
Save up on logistics efforts by shipping your refrigerators by courier through Eurosender. Use our innovative platform to have all the shipping information at hand, anytime you need it and manage all your shipments from one single place. Get started and benefit from all the advantages that we have in store for you!
THE BEST SHIPPING OPTIONS
Learn how you can transport a fridge freezer domestically or abroad
The right option for shipping your refrigerator by courier will depend on its dimensions and weight. Here are some shipping options that will fit both individuals and companies.
How to prepare your fridge freezer for moving and what precautions to take?
Before shipping your refrigerator by courier, make sure to prepare it for transportation in advance:
- empty out the fridge;
- unplug the fridge and open all its doors to start defrosting it;
- defrost the fridge (it usually takes 4 to 8 hours) and clean it well to make sure there is no defrosted water inside;
- Attach the moving parts (trays, drawers, shelves, etc.) using adhesive tape. Otherwise, remove such parts and pack them separately in a cardboard box filled with cushioning materials (e.g. packing peanuts or crumpled paper).
Packing guide: how to pack a refrigerator in case of using a standard shipping service?
Learn how to pack a fridge freezer in order to transport it safely abroad or domestically via a standard shipping service:
- Close and secure the fridge door using straps.
- Take care of the cushioning: cover all the walls and the bottom of the cardboard box with thick polystyrene sheets.
- Put the fridge in the box and fill the empty spaces inside the box with additional cushioning materials (packing peanuts, etc.).
- Seal the box tightly with adhesive tape.
Packing guide: how to pack a refrigerator in case of shipping it on a pallet?
Learn how to pack a fridge freezer in order to transport it safely abroad or domestically via a pallet shipping service:
- Cover the pallet with corrugated cardboard (or similar material) before placing your fridge on it.
- Place the fridge on the pallet in an upright (standing) position and fix it well on it using shipping straps.
- If possible, use edge protectors to cover all edges of the fridge.
- You can also cover the refrigerator with moving blankets to protect it from possible bumps or scratches during transport.
If you have difficulties preparing your fridge for shipping, do not hesitate to contact us! Our logistics experts will answer your questions and help you.
Get an immediate quote for moving your fridge freezer by courier at low cost
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
FAQ on the safest and cheapest way to move/send a fridge freezer domestically or overseas
Will I damage my refrigerator if I transport it on its side?
It is best to avoid transporting a fridge in a lying position, especially on its back, as there is a great risk of the engine oil damaging the compressors. This is why we advise you to transport your refrigerator vertically (in a standing position) or at an angle greater than 45o. If there is no other choice and you cannot avoid transporting your fridge on its side, be sure to put it in an upright position at the moment of its delivery, but do not plug it in immediately. Before turning it on, you should wait for as long as it has been lying on its side.
How much does it cost to ship a refrigerator by courier?
The cost of shipping always depends on the size and weight of the item, as well as on how far the shipping destination is located. Eurosender offers you transport solutions that are among the cheapest ones on the market! Our booking platform will automatically select for you a transport service with the best price/quality ratio!
Will shipping my refrigerator by courier with Eurosender be insured?
When shipping with us, every shipment is insured! We never compromise when it comes to safety. The insurance value will vary depending on the service chosen. Additional insurance for packages is also available at low rates. We strongly advise you to always keep the original invoice for your items since it serves as proof of value if needed. Please consider that insurance may not be valid for used or second-hand electronic devices.