The best way to ship electronics internationally and domestically
Electronic devices are fragile and valuable items. If you’re planning to ship electronics internationally, you should treat these goods accordingly. If you have found the desired gadget at a lower price abroad, Eurosender will gladly provide you with useful tips on how to send electronics cheaply and safely. On this page, we will also explain how to pack electronic goods for shipping by courier.
Get the best possible price in a few clicks and ship electronics with Eurosender!
How to send electronic devices overseas by courier
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to prepare your items for shipping.
Things to consider before shipping electronics internationally:
- Make sure you have the original packaging of your electronic goods. It will ensure the best protection of your devices during transit.
- Before placing an order, check how to pack electronics for transport.
Measure your package properly before booking the service. Use the size checking tool below to determine the best shipping service for this type of items. It can be a standard shipment for small and medium parcels. You can also request an individual offer (in case you ship several large packages at a time).
Check your parcel dimensions
- Before sending electronic devices overseas by courier, check if you need to print a label. In most countries, it will be done by the delivery company. However, there are some exceptions. If you’ve decided to send electronics cheaply using our logistics platform, you will get all the necessary information by email.
- When shipping electronics internationally with Eurosender, make sure you book the delivery service at least 2 business days before the planned pick-up date. If you can’t ensure your presence at the pick-up address, ask someone else to hand over your package to the driver.
- We know that gadgets such as tablets, smartphones, smartwatches, laptops and even robot assistants are excellent gifts for any occasion. With every advancement in technology, comes another device which you may want to transport from one place to another. If you need to send electronic devices overseas by courier during summer or before winter holidays, we recommend you to book delivery services in advance to be able to avoid high season delays.
- If you decide to use standard courier services to ship electronics domestically or internationally, we suggest purchasing additional insurance. Keep in mind that courier companies impose certain restrictions on items which contain lithium batteries. Make sure you remove them before sending them. We recommend getting in touch before placing an order and shipping your electronics with Eurosender, as our team will gladly help you choose the best way to pack and ship your electronics internationally and domestically.
Every shipment booked on our platform is insured up to 200€. If your electronic goods’ value exceeds this amount, please consider choosing one of our extra insurance packages (up to 1000€ or 2000€). The insurance may only be valid if you ship electronics, both internationally and domestically, in the original packaging and if you have the original invoice for your devices.
If you have any questions about sending electronics cheaply and safely, don’t hesitate to ask our multilingual customer support team. Our logistics experts will be happy to help you. They will also tell you how to pack electronic goods for shipping by courier.
Materials you’ll need to pack electronic goods for shipping by courier
If you want to send electronics cheaply and safely, you need to take good care of the packaging to protect your device during transit. Here’s the list of materials that will help you thoroughly pack your electronic items:
- The original packaging of your electronic device.
- A cardboard box (it must be slightly bigger than your device, and sturdy enough to protect your gadget). Boxes can be found in stationery shops or hardware stores. You can reuse boxes provided that they are in good condition.
- Plastic bags – to protect the cables. This material is also available at any stationery shop and even at your local supermarket.
- Bubble wrap – to preserve and protect the electronic device and its cable. It can be bought at a stationery shop or a hardware store.
- Padding materials like packing peanuts – available at hardware stores.
- Polystyrene sheets – also serve as cushioning Buy them at your local hardware store.
- Adhesive tape and scissors- to seal the box.
So, now to just need to pack electronic devices carefully before sending them overseas by courier.
Tips on how to pack electronic goods for shipping by courier
- Put your electronic device in its original packaging. Make sure it cannot move inside the box. If there’s enough space in the box, you can use the bubble wrap so that it can absorb the shocks during transportation.
- Close the box and seal it with adhesive tape.
- Put the package in a bigger box. Fill half of the box with any cushioning materials, place the first box in the middle of the second one and add more padding materials. When the device is safely packed, it must not move when you slightly shake the box.
- Seal all the sides of the box with tape.
- Label the box if necessary. You can also use stickers with the words “fragile” or “handle with care”. Although the courier is not obliged to treat your parcel as such, these warnings give an indication of the nature of the package.
Useful information for those who plan to ship electronics to or from Greece
In the case of international shipments to or from Greece, delivery companies will accept neither Li-ion batteries nor electronic devices. When placing your order for sending electronics cheaply with Eurosender, do not forget to tell us if your parcel contains a Li-ion battery.
The reasons to ship electronics domestically and internationally
- Buying an electronic device abroad: you can find a gadget at a lower price in other countries. Moreover, it is possible that the gadget is not on sale in your country. In such cases, many people turn to Eurosender, and we organize the shipment of their electronic devices via one of our reliable partners. Our algorithm chooses the company that has offered the best price for this type of delivery.
- Selling electronic devices: if you no longer need your device and you decide to sell it, we can help you ship electronics domestically and internationally at the best possible price.
- Sending electronic devices overseas by a courier company as gifts: when buying an electronic device for your family members or friends, it’s crucial that the parcel arrives at the chosen destination safely and quickly. At Eurosender, we do our best to meet all our shippers’ needs and grant them an excellent customer experience.
If you have any questions regarding the best way to ship electronics domestically and internationally, or if you don’t know how to pack specific electronic goods for shipping by courier, feel free to contact our multilingual customer support representatives. They will gladly guide you through the packaging and shipping processes.