How is cotton transported overseas?
Whether you are a fabric store or cotton distributor, Eurosender prepared a detailed guide on how is cotton transported overseas, why is cotton pressed into bales, how to pack cotton bales, and other questions related to cotton transportation. Eurosender provides affordable shipping options and provides affordable shipping costs and multiple transporting solutions to deliver cotton bales and fabrics both for companies and individuals.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Shipping option for businesses
Eurosender offers the best shipping solutions for business owners in need of affordable and reliable cotton transportation. With our international logistics platform, it is easy to organise multiple shipments to your warehouse or business collaborators. Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their trustworthy logistics department.
BEST SHIPPING OPTIONS
Logistics services for cotton transportation
Eurosender offers multiple options for shipping cotton fabrics and bales internationally:
How to pack cotton bales for shipping
Follow the steps below to prepare cotton bales for transportation:
- Compress the cotton. Use a baling press machine to squeeze cotton and form bales. The average cotton bale size is 225 kilograms (500 pounds).
- Wrap the cotton bale. Use a rough cotton cloth, plastic foil, or large cotton bags to cover the cotton bale. Afterwards, take several straps to secure the packaging around the bale tightly.
- Weigh the cotton bales. Use scales to determine the weight of each cotton bale to know the exact tonnage of your shipment.
How to pack cotton fabrics for transportation
If you are selling fabrics or have a sewing business, like making masks or clothes, follow these steps to prepare cotton fabrics for shipping:
- Wrap your fabrics with paper.
- Place the fabrics into a self-seal bag or bubble bag. A Ziploc bag is also a good option.
- Prefer courier bags that are moisture and tear-resistant.
- Seal the bag properly.
- Double packing ensures that your product remains intact even if a sharp object pierces through the outer packaging during transit.
Get an instant quote for your shipment
Frequently asked questions related to cotton transportation
Why is cotton pressed into bales?
When cotton is pressed into large bales, it becomes easier to transport and store. Furthermore, cotton baling allows preserving its original quality.
What is an average cotton bale size?
In general, the average weight of a cotton bale is 225 kilograms. However, its parameters greatly vary from country to country. Thus, a cotton bale weighs around 170 kilograms in India and 330 kilograms in Egypt, which is twice as heavy.
What is a baling press machine?
The hydraulic press machine is the equipment used to compress ginned cotton into bales.
How is cotton transported overseas?
Nowadays, the most popular method of shipping cotton bales is sea freight transportation services. That way, cotton bales are handled with a forklift and placed in a standard shipping container.
How is the shipping cost calculated when transporting cotton bales?
While sending parcels via courier services is rather common, shipping large and bulky items such as cotton bales is not conventional. How is cotton transported overseas and regionally then? You will have to place a request for an individual offer, and our logistics experts will arrange the transportation services and provide the affordable cost of transporting cotton bales.
- PTL the most cost-effective option for the shipment that does not occupy the entire space of the lorry.
- FTL a van service arranged for a single consignor whose shipment can be wholly accommodated in a truck.
- Sea cargo shipping – the convenient option for shipping cotton bales internationally in large containers.
- Rail freight transportation is applicable for an immense number of cotton bales that have to be shipped across the country or within the same freight corridor.