Whether you are moving to a new home or selling gym equipment, one of the options you have is to ship your stationary bike, treadmill or other workout machines through a courier service. In this case, you might be wondering how to properly pack and ship gym equipment to make sure it reaches the destination without issues. However, you do not need to worry! At Eurosender, we have already helped numerous customers to safely ship their indoor bikes and therefore have the know-how that is needed to get the job done. To help you prepare your shipment for transport, our logistics experts have also compiled a list of some basic steps that are needed to properly pack and secure a stationary bicycle for shipping.
Choose the appropriate service (pallet delivery or individual offer) and provide the required information regarding your shipment.
You will be provided with the best available offer for your shipping needs.
If you accept the offer and pay for the service, our logistics specialist will arrange further details regarding your shipment.
Get informed on how to pack a stationary bike for shipping.
Shipping a stationary bike with the help of Eurosender is not only reliable and safe but also extremely simple. After carefully packing your exercise bike and booking the right service, your job is done as Eurosender takes care of all further steps. We will arrange the transportation with an affordable but reliable courier company and represent you throughout the whole shipping process. Meanwhile, you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of a door-to-door delivery service at a fraction of a usual price.
Every shipment is insured with basic insurance of 200€, however, we strongly recommend that you also choose one of our extra insurance packages. If you are shipping valuable items such as gym equipment, you can buy additional insurance of 1000€, 2000€, or 5000€ at a very low price. Discuss these possibilities with our shipping specialists before you decide.
If you need to ship your workout equipment, you will have to choose the right service and properly package your machine for shipping. It’s also your responsibility to ensure the safety of your shipment. If you are not sure how to properly ship a stationary bike, treadmill or other equipment, we have collected some tips to help you get started:
When shipping indoor bikes, preparation for transport is one of the most important things to consider. Choosing the right packaging materials is of crucial importance if you want to avoid any issues your package might encounter while en route.
The best packing materials for moving or transporting a stationary bike are:
1. Disassemble your stationary bike into smaller pieces. Remove pedals, seat, fold down arms and other removable parts. If you can, also remove control panels, accessory parts, power cords and other parts. This way you will decrease the dimensions of your shipment. You might also want to take photos before you disassemble your exercise bicycle. This will help you with reassembling after the delivery.
2. Clean your stationary bike. You can simply use old towels that you have at home.
3. Pack and secure everything. Wrap individual items into a bubble wrap as much as possible to prevent rubbing or motion during transit. Use adhesive tape to secure the wrap. Put smaller items in plastic bags so they do not get lost during transit. You can also pack bigger parts in a smaller box which you can ship with standard shipping. Use a string to tie loose parts.
4. Secure your exercise bike. Use large moving blankets, foam sheeting or cardboard to protect the surface areas of your gym equipment from scratches or any other damage. Put everything into a bigger box and fill empty space with cushioning materials like packaging peanuts.
5. Seal the box. Close the cardboard box and tape it. Use enough tape and seal all sides. Apply at least three strips of tape evenly and cover all flaps and seams on the top and the bottom. Use strapping for heavier boxes.
6. Mark the box with labels or warnings (if needed). You can also put warnings such as “Fragile” or “Handle with care” on the box. However, please note that if you book standard shipping services, the courier is not obliged to take these signs into consideration and handle your parcel with extra care. Such warnings should never substitute appropriate packaging.
We recommend you to keep the original invoice for the purchase of your gym equipment. It will serve as a proof of the value of the equipment you are shipping and is required by the courier companies if you start a claim procedure following your shipping.
If your exercise bike fits a pallet, you will have to properly package and secure it on a pallet.
Shipping a stationary bike or treadmill is quite common these days. Here are some of the reasons why our customers decided to book shipping services to transport their stationary bike:
You can ship your exercise equipment in several ways. It usually depends on the amount and dimensions of the workout machines and other equipment you are shipping. Most of the exercise bikes do not fall into the category of the standard shipping, but some smaller and lighter gym items like exercise balls, dumbbells, yoga mats or jump ropes do. If your shipment fits pallet dimensions, you can send it as freight. If that is not the case, Eurosender can prepare an individual offer for you. A truck/van will be booked especially for you and a professional courier will load your items and secure them for proper and safe transport. Do not know the difference between a package and a pallet shipment? Check out our blog on this topic.
Use our Shipment Size Checker to choose the right shipping service for your needs.
In case there is anything else you would like to know about how to ship or pack a stationary bike or other gym equipment, you can always turn to our friendly customer support team. Call us or send us an e-mail, and we will be most happy to provide additional information for you and all other shippers out there.