How to ship a stationary bike and other gym equipment
Whether you are moving to a new home or selling gym equipment, one of the options you have is to ship your stationary bike, treadmill or other workout machines through a courier service. In this case, you might be wondering how to properly pack and ship gym equipment to make sure it reaches the destination without issues. However, you do not need to worry! At Eurosender, we have already helped numerous customers to safely ship their indoor bikes and therefore have the know-how that is needed to get the job done. To help you prepare your shipment for transport, our logistics experts have also compiled a list of some basic steps that are needed to properly pack and secure a stationary bicycle for shipping.
How to place an order for shipping an exercise bike?
Choose the appropriate service (pallet delivery or individual offer) and provide the required information regarding your shipment.
You will be provided with the best available offer for your shipping needs.
If you accept the offer and pay for the service, our logistics specialist will arrange further details regarding your shipment.
Get informed on how to pack a stationary bike for shipping.
Shipping a stationary bike with the help of Eurosender is not only reliable and safe but also extremely simple. After carefully packing your exercise bike and booking the right service, your job is done as Eurosender takes care of all further steps. We will arrange the transportation with an affordable but reliable courier company and represent you throughout the whole shipping process. Meanwhile, you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of a door-to-door delivery service at a fraction of a usual price.
Every shipment is insured with basic insurance of 200€, however, we strongly recommend that you also choose one of our extra insurance packages. If you are shipping valuable items such as gym equipment, you can buy additional insurance of 1000€, 2000€, or 5000€ at a very low price. Discuss these possibilities with our shipping specialists before you decide.
How to ship a stationary bike
If you need to ship your workout equipment, you will have to choose the right service and properly package your machine for shipping. It’s also your responsibility to ensure the safety of your shipment. If you are not sure how to properly ship a stationary bike, treadmill or other equipment, we have collected some tips to help you get started:
- When deciding on the right shipping service, you have to take into account the dimensions and the weight of your shipment. Whether you disassemble your gym equipment before packaging or not, you always need to measure the final dimensions of the parcel to see what type of shipping service is suitable for shipping your exercise bike. Because most exercise bikes, treadmills, and other gym equipment happen to be too big or too heavy for standard shipping, contact us and we will prepare an individual offer for you.
- You will also want to check whether you have to print and attach the labels on the package yourself. This is especially the case if the pick-up country of your choice is either Poland, Sweden or Spain or if you chose “First possible pick-up time” service upon booking, you will have to print the label and put it on your parcel yourself.
- In case you won’t be present or are about to leave your chosen pick-up or delivery address, we strongly recommend that you select a collection date that is 2 days prior to your departure to avoid any problems. Alternatively, another person can hand over the shipment to the courier driver instead of you.
Packaging tips for shipping a stationary bike
When shipping indoor bikes, preparation for transport is one of the most important things to consider. Choosing the right packaging materials is of crucial importance if you want to avoid any issues your package might encounter while en route.
The best packing materials for moving or transporting a stationary bike are:
- Plastic pouches – they will be needed for storing small items such as pedals or similar. You can get them in any stationery or hardware store or at the supermarket.
- Cloths or rags – needed for cleaning dirt from your exercise bike before you pack it.
- Cardboard boxes – for packing smaller bike components as well as wrapping the bike. You can buy them at any stationery or hardware store. Alternatively, you can also get used ones at supermarkets for free. In case you decide to reuse an old box, make sure it is sturdy enough to support the total weight of the stationary bike and does not have any dents, holes or tears.
- Moving blankets – this is the first layer of protection for your stationary bike. You can buy them at hardware stores.
- Cushioning materials, like foam sheeting, bubble wrap and packing peanuts – for internal cushioning and for securing and protecting individual parts of your indoor bike. You can buy these materials in stationary or hardware stores.
- Thin rope – for securing loose parts of an exercise bike.
- Adhesive tape – for sealing the box.
- A pallet– you can use any type of pallet you like (new or used) as long as it is large and strong enough. Always carefully measure it and thus make sure that you give us the most accurate information regarding your shipment. This way, our experts will be able to arrange the best possible service. You can buy a pallet at your local hardware store.
How to pack a stationary bike for shipping
1. Disassemble your stationary bike into smaller pieces. Remove pedals, seat, fold down arms and other removable parts. If you can, also remove control panels, accessory parts, power cords and other parts. This way you will decrease the dimensions of your shipment. You might also want to take photos before you disassemble your exercise bicycle. This will help you with reassembling after the delivery.
2. Clean your stationary bike. You can simply use old towels that you have at home.
3. Pack and secure everything. Wrap individual items into a bubble wrap as much as possible to prevent rubbing or motion during transit. Use adhesive tape to secure the wrap. Put smaller items in plastic bags so they do not get lost during transit. You can also pack bigger parts in a smaller box which you can ship with standard shipping. Use a string to tie loose parts.
4. Secure your exercise bike. Use large moving blankets, foam sheeting or cardboard to protect the surface areas of your gym equipment from scratches or any other damage. Put everything into a bigger box and fill empty space with cushioning materials like packaging peanuts.
5. Seal the box. Close the cardboard box and tape it. Use enough tape and seal all sides. Apply at least three strips of tape evenly and cover all flaps and seams on the top and the bottom. Use strapping for heavier boxes.
6. Mark the box with labels or warnings (if needed). You can also put warnings such as “Fragile” or “Handle with care” on the box. However, please note that if you book standard shipping services, the courier is not obliged to take these signs into consideration and handle your parcel with extra care. Such warnings should never substitute appropriate packaging.
We recommend you to keep the original invoice for the purchase of your gym equipment. It will serve as a proof of the value of the equipment you are shipping and is required by the courier companies if you start a claim procedure following your shipping.
How to pack gym equipment for transport on a pallet?
If your exercise bike fits a pallet, you will have to properly package and secure it on a pallet.
- Place the item on the pallet. Follow the instructions on the packaging above. Put some cardboard on the pallet surface, then carefully place the item on the pallet.
- Build a crate around the items (if needed). You can use some wood boards or plywood sheets to build a crate around the packed gym equipment. If you do not know how to build a crate, ask a friend for help or contact our logistics specialists to gather some first-hand tips.
- Strap well. Always make sure that all the boxes and other items are securely loaded. Use strong bands to strap all the items or boxes to the pallet. Wrap these around the cargo in all possible directions as well as in several layers. If there are boxes with equipment stacked on a pallet, further strengthen the construction with stretch foil.
The reasons for shipping a stationary bike
Shipping a stationary bike or treadmill is quite common these days. Here are some of the reasons why our customers decided to book shipping services to transport their stationary bike:
- Moving abroad. A lot of people like to take their gym equipment with them when moving to another city or country. Sometimes the moving is not done by van/truck or other means of transport that would permit taking an exercise bike along, so the only option left is shipping it. Our network of trusted international logistic companies comes in handy in such cases.
- Selling a stationary bike. Some people also decided to sell their exercise bike online for whatever reason. If they cannot meet with the buyer in person, stationary bike shipping services are the best solution. With Eurosender they know they always get reliable and cost-effective service.
- Buying a stationary bike. In cases when our clients have bought an exercise bike online sometimes they have to organise shipping of the bike on their own. Eurosender has already proven to be of great help in this case as well.
You can ship your exercise equipment in several ways. It usually depends on the amount and dimensions of the workout machines and other equipment you are shipping. Most of the exercise bikes do not fall into the category of the standard shipping, but some smaller and lighter gym items like exercise balls, dumbbells, yoga mats or jump ropes do. If your shipment fits pallet dimensions, you can send it as freight. If that is not the case, Eurosender can prepare an individual offer for you. A truck/van will be booked especially for you and a professional courier will load your items and secure them for proper and safe transport. Do not know the difference between a package and a pallet shipment? Check out our blog on this topic.
Use our Shipment Size Checker to choose the right shipping service for your needs.
Check how to ship your gym equipment
In case there is anything else you would like to know about how to ship or pack a stationary bike or other gym equipment, you can always turn to our friendly customer support team. Call us or send us an e-mail, and we will be most happy to provide additional information for you and all other shippers out there.