How to ship a stationary bike and other gym equipment
Whether you are moving to a new home or selling gym equipment, one of the best options for businesses and individuals alike is to ship your stationary bike, treadmill or other workout machines through a courier service. At Eurosender, we have the experience to help you safely ship indoor bikes, treadmills and other equipment at the best price. To help you prepare your shipment for transport, our logistics experts have also compiled a list of some basic steps that are needed to properly pack and secure a stationary bicycle for shipping.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
International shipping services for business
Get matched with the best logistics solutions for your business and book top-rate international shipping for every route. Join Eurosender and open your own online logistics department. Manage all your gym equipment shipping and trace all your processes from a simple and intuitive platform. Get faster payment and invoice unification to expand your business and offer flat-rate workout equipment shipping worldwide.
BEST SHIPPING OPTIONS
How to ship gym equipment internationally
Do you have different requirements? Request an individual offer
How to ship a stationary bike and other gym equipment
- Shipping a stationary bike with the help of Eurosender is not only reliable and safe but also extremely simple. After carefully packing your exercise bike and booking the right service, your job is done as Eurosender takes care of all further steps.
- You will also want to check whether you have to print and attach the labels on the package yourself.
- Check our estimated delivery date tool to calculate when to book the shipping.
Packaging tips for shipping a stationary bike
It is the shipper’s responsibility to ensure the safety of your shipment. If you are not sure how to properly ship a stationary bike, treadmill or other gym equipment, we have collected some tips on how to pack a stationary bike for shipping to help you get started.
- The best packing materials for moving or transporting a stationary bike or treadmill are: plastic pouches, cardboard boxes, moving blankets, cushioning materials and pallets.
- Disassemble your stationary bike into smaller pieces. Remove pedals, seat, fold-down arms and other removable parts. If you can, also remove control panels, accessory parts, power cords and other parts.
- Pack and secure everything individually. Wrap individual items into a bubble wrap as much as possible to prevent rubbing or motion during transit. Put smaller items in plastic bags so they do not get lost during transit.
- Secure your exercise bike. Use large moving blankets, foam sheeting or cardboard to protect the surface areas of your gym equipment from scratches or any other damage. Put everything into a bigger box and fill empty space with cushioning materials like packaging peanuts.
- Seal the box. Close the cardboard box and tape it. Use enough tape and seal all sides. Apply at least three strips of tape evenly and cover all flaps and seams on the top and the bottom. Use strapping for heavier boxes.
How to pack gym equipment for transport on a pallet
If your exercise bike fits a pallet, you will have to properly package and secure it on a pallet.
- Place the item on the pallet. Follow the instructions on the packaging above. Put some cardboard on the pallet surface, then carefully place the item on the pallet.
- Build a crate around the items (if needed). You can use some wood boards or plywood sheets to build a crate around the packed gym equipment. If you do not know how to build a crate, ask a friend for help or contact our logistics specialists to gather some first-hand tips.
- Strap well. Always make sure that all the boxes and other items are securely loaded. Use strong bands to strap all the items or boxes to the pallet. Wrap these around the cargo in all possible directions as well as in several layers. If there are boxes with equipment stacked on a pallet, further strengthen the construction with stretch foil.
The reasons for shipping stationary bikes, treadmills and other gym equipment
Shipping a stationary bike or treadmill is quite common these days. Here are some of the reasons why our customers decided to book shipping services to transport their stationary bike:
- Moving abroad. A lot of people like to take their gym equipment with them when moving to another city or country. Sometimes the moving is not done by van/truck or other means of transport that would permit taking an exercise bike along, so the only option left is shipping your workout equipment. Our network of trusted international logistic companies comes in handy in such cases.
- Selling a stationary bike. Stationary bike shipping services are the best solution for SMES and individuals selling gym and equipment online. With Eurosender you always get reliable and cost-effective gym equipment shipping services for all your needs.
- Buying a stationary bike. In cases when our clients have bought an exercise bike online sometimes, they have to organise shipping of the stationary bike on their own. Eurosender has already proven to be of great help in this case as well.
Secure transport of exercise machines with Eurosender:
Every gym and exercise equipment shipment is insured with basic insurance however, we strongly recommend that you also choose one of our extra insurance packages. Discuss these possibilities with our shipping specialists before you decide. We recommend you to keep the original invoice for the purchase of your gym equipment. It will serve as a proof of the value of the equipment you are shipping and is required by the courier companies if you start a claim procedure following your shipping.
Ready to ship a treadmill or a stationary bike by post?
International gym equipment shipping: FAQ
How can I ship gym equipment as an individual?
You can ship your exercise equipment in several ways. It usually depends on the amount and dimensions of the workout machines and other workout equipment you are shipping. Most of the exercise bikes do not fall into the category of the standard shipping, but some smaller and lighter gym items like exercise balls, dumbbells, yoga mats or jump ropes do, so you will be able to ship gym equipment as any other article.
If your shipment fits pallet dimensions, you can send it as freight. If that is not the case, Eurosender can prepare an individual offer for you. A truck/van will be booked especially for you and a professional courier will load your items and secure them for proper and safe transport.
How can I ship a stationary bike or other gym equipment with other items?
You can book the van service for shipping your workout equipment with other belongings at once when you are moving. In case your shipment is not large enough to fill the whole van, you can opt for pallet delivery. Our network of international logistics providers is perfect for shipping gym equipment. Although the van service does not require special packaging of your items, it is advisable to pack stationary bikes, treadmills and other exercise equipment to assure safe shipping.
How do I transport exercise machines from abroad?
You can take advantage of standard or express shipping services in case you have purchased a piece of workout equipment from an online store and need to arrange its shipping to your country. Also, this would be an ideal solution for delivering used treadmills or stationary bikes sold online.