How to transport a hang glider or paramotor by courier
Are you preparing a new or used paraglider for sale and looking for the best way to ship it? Or are you searching for a courier service to transport a hang glider? Eurosender is ready to offer you the most affordable prices and expert advice to organise the safe transportation of your paraglider, paramotor or hang glider. Explore how to pack a hang glider and travel with paragliding equipment safely within Europe or abroad.
Get a quote
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Hang glider delivery solutions for business
Join our platform as a business and try out your own logistics dashboard. Manage all your transport operations in one place and benefit from affordable prices. With Eurosender, you will easily arrange door-to-door courier deliveries of paragliding equipment to guarantee the best experience for your customers and partners.
Set up a business account
Shipping services to transport a paraglider within Europe and internationally
How to fold and pack a paraglider for transport?
Whether you are planning to ship a new or second-hand glider, you need to make sure that it is properly packed and protected. Follow the instructions below to fold and pack a paraglider safely before shipping:
- Lay the paraglider on the ground and straighten.
- Group the reinforcements carefully and fix them with straps. Release the air from the cells.
- Fold the wings. Do the leading-edge concertina folds by gathering the nose cones. Remember not to fold the glider in the centre as it can lead to the damages of the leading-edges.
- Place the paraglider in the original case or backpack.
- Put your items inside the box and seal it.
How to fold and pack a hang glider?
Packing a hang glider is crucial for safe transportation. Follow these guidelines to pack a hang glider and avoid any damages during the way. Keep in mind that packing technique varies depending on the glider type, so please consult with the manufacturer’s guide.
- Remove the sail from the outer leading edge and then disassemble them. Protect the edges with bubble wrap.
- Remove the inner sprogs and bubble wrap them.
- Fold the sail and stow the leading edges them between the ends of the sail.
- Cover everything with bubble wrap. Use duct tape to secure the bubble wrap to the leading edges.
- Use foam pads or moving blankets to protect the hang glider and fix them with straps or tape.
- Use cardboard sheets for extra protection of your already packed hang glider. If you have a big enough cardboard box, place the glider inside and add cushioning materials.
- Fix the packaging with tape and reinforce the edges.
How to pack a paramotor before transport?
The preparation of a paramotor for shipping is a bit more complicated than that of a typical paraglider. If you want to transport a powered glider, you should fold and pack it properly as well.
- Detach the elements as a propeller, blades, electronics, motors, and fuel system.
- Bubble wrap all the detachable elements. Place small items into plastic bags and label them.
- Use foam to protect the paramotor and bubble wrap it.
- Drain the tank completely. Bubble wrap it and pack it in a box separately.
- Cover the bottom of the shipping box with foam or packing peanuts.
- Nest the paramotor in the box. Add cushioning materials and seal the box.
Get an immediate price for shipping a paraglider or hang glider
NEED MORE INFORMATION?