The cheapest way to ship a snowboard internationally
Are you planning an awesome winter vacation somewhere in the Alps or maybe this time you’re travelling to the world-famous Himalayan ski resorts? No matter what part of the world you have chosen for your next adventure, if you’re a true winter sports lover, you’ll probably want to take your snowboard or ski equipment with you. The only problem is that it’s not easy to travel with your snowboarding gear, especially when you have a lot of luggage and winter clothes with you. We know that nobody likes paying extra baggage fees. At Eurosender, we’re convinced that it’s much easier and cheaper to ship a snowboard internationally. With our platform, you’ll get the best possible price offer for sending snowboarding gear and other personal belongings domestically, internationally or even overseas.
How to send a snowboard by courier
Here are the steps to take if you’re interested in shipping snowboard equipment abroad.
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to prepare your items for shipping.
You just need to pack your snowboard properly for shipping while Eurosender will do the rest. We will arrange all the details with the selected courier company and represent you in all matters related to the parcel delivery process. Your snowboard will be collected at your doorstep and delivered to the selected delivery location, for example a snowboarding resort. Choose the best slopes and forget about stress!
Things to check before sending snowboarding gear overseas or within your country:
- Pack your snowboard properly for successful shipping.
- Measure your parcel and insert its dimensions in our Shipment Size Checker to see if it can be sent through standard shipping service. Keep in mind that the maximum length of a standard shipment is of 175cm.
Check your parcel dimensions
- Place an order in advance. If you’re planning to send a snowboard to your vacation spot by courier, you should choose the pick-up date at least two business days before your departure. Ideally, you should have your equipment delivered one business day before your arrival. Make sure someone will be available at the ski resort to receive the parcel for you. Winter holidays are an extremely busy period for courier companies due to a huge number of Christmas deliveries. With this in mind, you should always add a few days to the estimated delivery time during high season, to be on the safe side.
- If your snowboard equipment fits into standard parameters, you’ll see the price for shipping snowboard equipment abroad directly on our website. If the parcel exceeds the standard dimensions, you can request an individual offer tailored to your shipment. In both cases, you’ll get the best offer for sending snowboarding gear overseas or domestically.
- Check whether you need to print a shipping label and attach it to your parcel. In most cases, it will be done by your logistics provider. If you need to do this on your own, our agents will inform you by e-mail.
If you decide to ship a snowboard internationally with Eurosender, we’re happy to inform you that every shipment booked on our platform is insured up to 200€. If your equipment value exceeds the amount mentioned above, please consider choosing one of our extra insurance packages (1000€ or 2000€) for shipping snowboard equipment abroad. If you want your equipment to be covered by insurance, you need to have the original invoice of your items.
If you have any questions regarding the best way to send a snowboard by courier, or you’d like to know how to pack your specific snowboard properly for shipping, feel free to contact our multilingual customer support team. Our logistics experts will gladly guide you through the packaging and shipping processes.
Snowboards are generally perceived as fragile items. It means that you need to pack them with the utmost care to avoid scratches and damages. No worries, if you find the materials listed below, you will easily pack your snowboard properly for shipping.
- Stretch wrap– this material will help you protect your snowboard from scratching. You can find it in any stationery or hardware store or at the supermarket.
- Snowboard travel bag – sending snowboarding gear overseas or domestically in a special padded bag will be easy and safe.
- Cardboard boxes– find a suitable cardboard box. All your accessories (snowboard boots, helmet, knee pads, goggles, gloves) must also be packed in boxes. You can buy packaging materials at any stationery or hardware store. If you don’t find a box of the right size, you could opt for cardboard sheets.
- Moving blanket– this is the first layer of protection for your snowboard (if you don’t have a special bag). You can buy it at hardware stores. This material is crucial for shipping snowboard equipment abroad if you don’t have a padded bag.
- Cushioning materials, like foam sheets, bubble wrap and packing peanuts– for internal cushioning, as well as for securing and protecting your snowboarding gear. You can buy these materials in stationary or hardware stores.
- Adhesive tape– for sealing the box.
How to pack your snowboard equipment properly for shipping?
When sending your snowboarding gear overseas or within your country, you’ll need to protect all the items separately to ensure their safe arrival at your destination. Here’s a general packaging guide that will provide you with some useful tips on the best way to send a snowboard by courier:
- Find a suitable cardboard box. It can be tricky to find a suitable box for snowboard, as sometimes they are longer than a regular-sized shipment. The best possible option would be to use the original one. If you don’t have the box anymore, and cannot find a box that is large enough for your snowboard, consider joining two smaller boxes to make one long box.
- Use the stretch wrap to protect the snowboard. You can also use foam sheets.
- Pack your snowboard in a special travel bag. When you ship a snowboard internationally, bear in mind that it’s a long-distance journey for your equipment. Everything will go smoothly if you opt for a padded
- If you don’t have a bag, wrap your snowboard in a moving blanket to protect it from scratches. At this point, you can also add additional layers of bubble wrap.
- Keep the structure compact. After protecting your snowboard with padding, put it in the cardboard box. If the box is big enough, wrap your snowboarding accessories separately and put them in the box. Fill the box with bubble wrap, foam padding or packing peanuts. They will fill empty spaces left between the items and prevent them from shifting inside the box. Don’t forget to add extra padding on the bottom of the box, before you put the equipment inside. However, we don’t recommend using a box which is too big for your shipment, because even if you use enough cushioning materials, the stacking strength will be reduced. If you haven’t managed to find a suitable cardboard box for your snowboard, we suggest using extra layers of bubble wrap or foam (as described above), and then add corrugated cardboard sheets as the final layer of protection.
- Seal the box thoroughly. Use enough duct tape and seal all sides of the box. Apply at least three strips of tape evenly and cover all flaps and seams on the top and the bottom.
Congratulations! You have properly packed your snowboard for shipping and now you’re ready to send a snowboard by courier. All you need to do is wait for the courier company driver and prepare yourself for your new breathtaking winter adventure!
Ship items for other recreational activities
If you have any questions about the safest way of shipping snowboard equipment abroad, our customer support representatives will be happy to help you.