Cheap & reliable courier services to Greece | Send a parcel to Greece
Are you searching for cheap and reliable courier services to Greece? There is no need to spend endless hours comparing the different prices that courier providers offer online. Eurosender has developed a system that automatically calculates final prices for every individual shipping route. In this way, you can find the most competitive prices for sending a parcel or pallet to Athens, Thessaloniki, Patras or any other city, town, an island in Greece.
Types of services:
Door-to-door courier services to Greece and almost any destination in Europe:
- Standard courier services to Greece → for shipping parcels up to 40 kg.
- Instant booking for pallet delivery to Greece → we have pioneered the idea of immediate quoting for pallet delivery → up to 1200 kg.
- Individual offers → for shipping bulky and oddly shaped items that weigh up to 4.000 kg. All you need to do is fill in a request form.
- Dedicated van transportation to Greece → we organize the transportation with an entire van in case of relocation or for the delivery of valuable items.
The booking process – courier services to Greece
The booking process is easy, even for new users, since it only requires just a few clicks and approximately 3 minutes of your time. To begin with, you will have to declare whether you’re a private or business user. Afterwards, you will need to follow a few simple steps:
- Go to our engine;
- Insert the information details of your package;
- Select the payment method and pay for the services.
Once you are done with the payment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with the order details. You should keep in mind that, if you don’t know if your shipment qualifies as a package, pallet or container, you can click on “Other” and tell us what you plan to ship. We’ll then pick the most appropriate option for you.
Do not forget that you can also create your own account on our website. Whether you are an individual or you represent a business, you will benefit from the exclusive pre-paid solution. The pros for opening an account are endless – and it is completely free!
Transit information – courier to Greece
After the service is booked, you will receive an e-mail that will include a tracking number. With this number, you will be able to track your shipment online, until it finally reaches its destination. It works quite simple: Every time your parcel is scanned at a new depot or location, the tracking system gets updated. If you notice that the shipment remains at the same shipping stage for many days, you can always contact us.
Estimated delivery time – courier to Greece
In our platform, you can also find the estimated delivery time of your shipment. For example, shipping a parcel from Germany to Greece requires 5 business days. Unsurprisingly, this time is only estimated and does not guarantee that the delivery will take place at this exact time.
Sometimes, the delivery can be delayed for a long period of time. Why could this happen? Unforeseeable situations that are beyond the carrier’s control can affect the time of delivery. Bad weather can block the roads or slow down the transit and cause a delayed delivery. If you are planning to send a parcel to an island in Greece, strong winds might prohibit the transportation of the shipment for security reasons. In big cities, like Athens, strikes might occur, which can cause similar problems.
Label and paperwork – courier to Greece
Packages sent through Eurosender should always carry a label, whether they are sent to Greece or in any other part of Europe. The label provides important information for the shipment to be moved from one station to another, before finally arriving at the chosen destination. It should display the name and address of the sender, as well as of the recipient and other details.
If your package will be collected in Greece, you are not required to print the label yourself. You can learn more about labels by visiting our blog.
Delivery considerations for courier services to Greece
- Things to remember when booking courier services to Greece:
- Postal codes – All postal codes in Greece consist of five digits. The first three digits identify the city or municipality. However, in major cities, the final two digits identify streets or portions of streets.
- Name on the doorbell – If the recipient’s name is not displayed on the doorbell, this might cause confusion. Keep in mind that having your full name on the doorbell is not required by the Greek law.
- Accurate details about the shipment – If any details are missing, the shipping process might be delayed.
- Checking the integrity of the shipment, when the goods arrive in Greece – Damaged shipments are extremely rare when booking services through Eurosender. However, checking the integrity of your goods is always recommended.
- Eurosender’s services are door-to-door. No need to find a drop-off location! Enjoy the benefit of having the courier driver pick-up the shipment from your door.
Tips to ensure a successful delivery:
- Have someone at the address in the given time frame;
- Make sure you are reachable in case the courier decides to call;
- In the case of a failed delivery, the recipient should find the local depot and pick-up the shipment himself/herself.
Clearing Greek customs
Transactions between residents of EU member states are not considered imports or exports and therefore they are not charged any duty. The duties for non-European countries are quite low, especially for manufactured goods (4.2% on average for the general rate). Aren’t you sure whether you can ship specific items to Greece? Maybe you are interested in shipping alcohol or cigarettes from another country? You can check our blog and learn more.
Some of our logistics partners:
Eurosender’s logistics partners are known for their reliability and the high quality of their services. Relying on cutting-edge technology and vast experience in logistics, our team carefully chooses partners that offer the best price to performance ratio while also monitoring their performance. In this way, we do not only make sure your shipments are in safe hands, but also that they are delivered in time.
DPDgroup’s philosophy is to build closer connections with all of their customers. They have over 68.000 delivery experts!
Post of Slovenia
The Post of Slovenia is now expanding its services, by advancing the technologies it is using. It is a very reliable postal service provider in Europe.
DSV is a Danish shipping service provider that offers and manages supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day.
DHL is part of Deutsche Post DHL Group. The company has more than 360.000 employees.
The state-owned POST-Luxembourg has a well-established reputation since it offers reliable and high-end courier services.
General Logistics Systems B.V., offers reliable shipping solutions in Europe and worldwide.
DB Schenker is a division of the German rail operator Deutsche Bahn AG that focuses on logistics.
Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers.
ACS Courier is the company that Greeks trust when shipping parcels and packages in their own country and abroad.
Seur, part of DPD group, is one of the largest international networks for express shipment.
Chronopost, also part of the DPD group, is specialized in the express delivery of parcels of up to 30 kg.
BRT or Bartolini is a well-known and reliable shipping company from Italy that has been around since 1997.
PostNord offers communication and logistics services in Northern Europe. The company is owned 40% by the Danish State and 60% by the Swedish State.
Gebrüder Weiss is an Austrian family-owned company that ranks among the leading transport and logistics service providers in Europe. It is now considered a pioneer in terms of sustainable business.
Eurosender only works with the most reliable carriers and courier companies. At the same time, we are constantly looking for new collaborations, in order to broaden our logistics network even further. You should keep in mind that our high volume of shipments increases our bargaining power with the logistics companies. In this way, we save the costs and we manage to pass the savings on to our customers.