How to pack lamps for shipping
If you are moving house, or you are a business selling lamps, lampshades and other delicate household items, Eurosender can arrange low-cost and reliable international shipping through our vast logistics network. Check the price for shipping lamps, lampshades or lightbulbs by courier, learn the best way to pack a lamp for shipping and the right courier service in just a few clicks.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Shipping for businesses selling lamps and lampshades
Discover why +40k businesses have trusted Eurosender to up-scale their logistics department and provide safe shipping of lamps, lampshades and other homewares. Register for free to access your own personalised digital shipping platform, which allows you to keep track of all your logistics process in one place. Expand your logistics network with Eurosender’s network of world-renowned courier services, offering low-rates and convenient payment options. Got an unusual request? Our experts are always on hand to provide advice when you need it and tailor smart solutions for any shipping requirement.
Send lamps and lightbulbs internationally via courier – with Eurosender
Regardless of how often you ship, the volume each time or if you’re a business or individual, Eurosender has a solution to suit any sized shipment of lamps, lampshades and lightbulbs:
Do you have different requirements? Request an individual offer
How to pack lamps and lampshades for moving house
Whether you’re packing lamps, lampshades and lightbulbs for shipping, follow these easy instructions to ensure safe delivery of your delicate item.
Lamp and lampshade
- Disassemble the lamp, and remove the shade, light bulb and any other separate parts.
- Wrap each piece separately, using foam or bubble wrap. Secure the power cord by taping it to the base of the lamp.
- Fill cardboard box with foam peanuts, and place the lamp and separate pieces into the box. Fill any extra space with additional foam cushioning to ensure items cannot move.
- Pack lampshade into a separate box, making sure it is upright. Fill any empty space with foam cushioning.
- Close the boxes and seal with tape. You may wish to label the boxes ‘This Side Up’ or ‘Fragile’ to minimise the risk of mishandling during transport.
Packing lightbulbs for transportation
- Remove the bulb from the lamp, once it’s cool.
- If possible, use the original box, or a small, strong cardboard box.
- Wrap the bulb with several layers of bubble-wrap and secure with tape.
- Fill the bottom of the box with cushioning for protection and place the bulb on top
- Fill any extra space with additional cushioning and seal with tape
- Pack multiple bulbs in their own small box and then pack them into a larger cardboard box, ensuring any extra space is filled
- If shipping with a lamp, pack the single bulb into the lamp box and place enough cushioning between the lamp and the bulb to prevent damage.
Get a quote to ship a lamp internationally or domestically
Frequently asked questions about shipping lamps, lampshades and lightbulbs with courier
How can I organise transport of lamps if I am a manufacturer or reseller?
LTL transport is a budget-friendly option when you have multiple packages going to different destinations – so, perfect for those reselling lamps and other homewares who need to send items to customers, fast.
Are you shipping 10 pallets or more and need to transport lamps and homewares to retailers? FTL is the perfect solution, as you have an entire truck dedicated to your items only, so the transit time is much faster.
To book an LTL or FTL service – simply tell us the dimensions of your shipment, number of pallets and the chosen route, and our team will prepare an individual offer as soon as possible.
What is the best way to pack and ship lamps for moving house within Europe?
How can I book a van delivery in Europe?
You will be given an immediate price for a van delivery, depending on the route and other parameters. If you are happy with the price, simply enter your details and pay for the service to book. Then all you have to do pack your lamps, lampshades and other items for moving.
What are the restrictions for sending lamps with lightbulbs internationally or domestically and will insurance still apply?
If you do choose to send lamps internationally or domestically, or lightbulbs via courier, it is important to ensure you know how to properly pack lampshades, lamps and lightbulbs carefully, to minimise the risk of damage during transport.
Where can I find packaging materials for shipping lamps and lampshades?
Which service is best for transporting lightbulbs in bulk to customers, in their original packaging?
If you’re a business looking for the best way to transport packaged lightbulbs in bulk to customers, the best way to ship large quantities is to pack them tightly into larger boxes to be packed onto pallets. By protecting their inner packaging according to our instructions above, moving them on pallets provides additional stability and protection, compared to shipping boxes individually.
For instructions on pallet shipping, see our dedicated page.