International TV shipping
When shipping a TV internationally or across country, choosing the courier service that you can trust is of great importance in making sure that the precious cargo safely reaches its intended destination. It is for this reason that Eurosender only chooses to work with logistics providers who are known for their reliability. However, there are many things you can do yourself if you want to protect your shipment. In this regard, proper TV packaging plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety of the device. Follow the packaging guidelines that we have put together for you and learn how to pack a TV for shipping and send it on its way well protected.
How to place an order for shipping a TV internationally?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight
You will immediately receive the best available offer
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service
Get informed on how to pack and ship a TV
Everything else will be done by us, so you will not have to worry about a thing. The courier will collect the parcel from your chosen address and safely deliver it to the desired location
Any shipment sent through Eurosender is automatically insured for the amount of up to 200€. We always recommend purchasing additional insurance for valuable items such as TVs or other electronics. Additional insurance of up to 1000€ and 2000€ can be added at a small extra price.
If you have any additional questions about how to ship a flat screen TV or any other electronic device, you can always contact our friendly customer support team and ask our experts everything there is to know.
How to ship a TV
TV belongs to the most expensive electronic devices in many households. As buying a new one is quite a big expense for most people, shipping a TV internationally is seen by many as rather risky. However, the fear of doing so is too often exaggerated. If you choose the right company and put some effort into packing the device correctly, sending a TV should not give you a reason to worry.
Here are some tips before you decide to send a TV:
- Measure the dimensions of your parcel and check what is the right type of shipping by using our Shipment Size Checker. This is especially important as LCD TV shipments or others are usually bigger, which is why a tailored offer is needed in some cases.
- Check if you need to print out and attach the label on the package on your own or if the couriers will do this for you. When shipping your items with Eurosender, the label needs to be printed by the customer if the pick-up country is Poland, Sweden or Spain as well as if the Flexi service is chosen upon booking.
- Place the order for shipping at least 2 days before leaving the pick-up address to avoid any risks and delays.
Check the dimensions of your TV to determine the right shipping service
TV packaging is of extreme importance for the protection of your parcel during transit.
The main packaging materials needed if you plan to send a TV are:
- Cardboard boxes – they can be bought at any stationery or hardware store and you can get used ones in supermarkets. In case you decide to reuse an old box, make sure it is sturdy enough and does not have any dents.
We strongly advise keeping the original TV packaging after the purchase in case you will need to transport it in the future. It should be noted that the insurance is only valid when the shipped electronic item is packed in its original box.
- Plastic bags or pouches – for storing and protecting the cables. They can be bought at any stationery or hardware store.
- Bubble wrap – for wrapping the TV and the cables. Bubble wrap can be bought at any stationery or hardware store.
- Foam wrap – to protect the screen.
- Packing peanuts – for internal cushioning of the cardboard boxes and filling the space between the item and the box. You can buy them at hardware stores.
- Polystyrene sheets – for additional internal cushioning. They can be bought at various hardware stores.
- Adhesive tape – for sealing the box.
We have also prepared an exhaustive list of the main hardware stores in Europe, so you can find some suggestions for your country in case of any doubts.
How to pack a TV for shipping
Shipping a TV internationally should not be difficult if you follow some simple guidelines:
- Pack the power cord. Wrap the power cord in bubble wrap and use adhesive tape to tighten it up.
- Remove the leg. If possible, take apart the TV leg stand and use bubble wrap to protect it from scratches and damages.
- Protect the screen. Place a layer of foam wrap on the TV screen and go on by wrapping the entire TV in bubble wrap. One layer is sufficient, but for extra protection, you can wrap it two times. Secure the wrapping with adhesive tape.
If it is impossible for you to find bubble wrap in your country, you can use a thick moving blanket and secure it with adhesive tape.
- Prepare the box. Set up the box and cushion the walls with one layer of foam padding or with polystyrene sheets. For a tight fit, polystyrene sheets are a better alternative.
- Pack the TV. Slide the TV inside and place the accessories next to it, but not on the side of the screen.
- Take care of the inner protection. Fill the empty space with packing peanuts or crumpled paper. Do not overuse them because they will cause pressure during the transportation.
- Seal the package. Close the box and seal it properly with adhesive tape. Cover all the corners.
- Label the box if needed. You can also add stickers with signs such as “Fragile” or “Handle with care”. However, note that such a warning cannot guarantee that a package will be treated as such and should not substitute adequate packaging.
We recommend you to keep the invoice of the purchase. This serves as a proof of the TV’s value and is therefore required by the courier company if you start a claim procedure following your shipping.
The reasons for shipping a TV internationally
Our customers turned to us in need of shipping a TV internationally for various reasons. Some of the most common ones were the following:
- Sending a TV to the repair shop. Sometimes, a TV needs to be sent to the repair shop that is located far away or even abroad. In this case, shipping a TV internationally was the best solution for the majority of our customers.
- Moving abroad. When moving abroad by plane, smaller electronic devices can be taken with you. However, taking a TV with you is usually not possible, so the solution in this case is simply shipping it with the help courier services.
- Selling the TV. Some customers have sold their TV online and then needed to find the best solution for sending it to the buyer, which is where courier services came in handy.
- Changing the offices. Many offices also include TV screens for displaying various information and when it comes to relocating and changing the offices, all the equipment also needs to be transported to the new location. In this case, our business costumers agreed that shipping it was the easiest and most convenient solution
When shipping TVs or other electronics internationally, it is important to note that lithium batteries are forbidden for any items transported by air. For international shipments to and from Greece with Eurosender, courier services providers will not transport batteries or any type of electronic device with them inside. When placing an order, check that the transport of your TV containing a lithium battery (which is the case with portable and battery powered TVs) will be done by road, in which case lithium batteries are allowed.
In case there is anything else left unanswered about how to ship a TV or how to pack a TV for shipping, you can always turn to our customer support via email or phone call and they will be happy to help you with any additional piece of information you might need.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping a TV. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship a TV, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.