How to move large paintings and artwork safely
Hire a van for moving artwork
Our dedicated delivery service is the best solution for moving delicate items such as artwork and paintings. The entire space of the vehicle will be reserved for your shipment, and you can accommodate the items as you wish. If you require help with loading and unloading the goods, you can also request assistance or additional tools.
More about Van Delivery
How to pack large artwork and canvas paintings for moving
We do not impose packaging requirements for moving artwork with our Van Service. However, since they are very delicate items, we strongly recommend you pack the artwork or canvas paintings appropriately before moving. See below the general guidelines on how to do it.
Packing unframed large artwork pieces for moving
- Wrap the art piece with tissue or glassine.
- After this, wrap the piece in bubble wrap and secure it with tape. Be careful not to place any tape on the artwork itself.
- If shipping unframed flat items, create a rigid structure by placing two pieces of cardboard and putting the item between them. Then, cover the whole structure with bubble wrap.
- Place the wrapped item in a larger cardboard box and fill it with cushioning material such as packing peanuts.
- Close and seal the box after you ensure the item is not loose inside it.
Tip: We do not recommend rolling the art piece unless it has already been stored this way for some time. If shipping rolled art, pack it in a cardboard tube instead.
Packing framed canvas paintings for moving
- Use tape to make an X across the glass. It will help protect it from shattering during transport.
- Protect the artwork with glassine or tissue first, and then with bubble wrap secured with tape.
- You can also put corner protectors, which can be easily found at craft shops and hardware stores.
- Place the wrapped item in a larger cardboard box and fill it with cushioning materials.
- If transporting several canvas paintings at once, the ideal approach is to pack them separately. Alternatively, you can also put them in the same box with enough cushioning between them to ensure they will not be touching each other.
- Close and seal the box.
HOW IT WORKS
Scheduling artwork transport services with Eurosender
The entire process of booking a moving service for transporting artwork or paintings is done online. Follow these easy steps to arrange your collection:
Select the pick-up and delivery countries in our booking tool
Provide the pick-up and delivery address details
Choose a van type and any additional services you may need
Provide the details of your cargo, such as measurements and value
Select your preferred pick-up date and add contact information
Proceed to payment and prepare for pick-up!
WE MAKE IT EASY
Door-to-door transport for large paintings and artwork
When booking a moving service with Eurosender, the courier will pick up and deliver the items at the locations of your choice. Our artwork transport services are entirely door-to-door to make your move as convenient as possible.
Packing and transporting canvas paintings when moving
We offer local and international relocation services to help transport your belongings to a new house. With our moving services, you can transport not only artwork and paintings but also other house appliances and personal items.
International relocation services
WHO IS IT FOR?
Professional artwork transport services
At Eurosender, we serve private and business needs through a vast network of +3,500 van carriers. If you need dedicated assistance in booking a van for moving artwork or large paintings, send us a message through the chatbox.
Transporting paintings and artwork for businesses
We have a team of dedicated logistics specialists who take care of the details of each van shipment. When you book an artwork moving service with us, we will handle all the communication with the carriers on your behalf, saving you time and effort.
Need exclusive attention?
Register and get an account manager for your business!
Set up a business account
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
FAQ – How to move large paintings and artwork
Will the movers pack the canvas art or artwork before moving?
Where to get the right materials for packing large artwork for moving?
How to load the item into the vehicle when moving large paintings or artwork?
What sizes of van can I book for moving artwork?
- Box van: 465 x 165 x 180 cm or 13 cubic metres and 1000 kg capacity
- Curtain-side van: 410 x 210 x 230 cm or 19 cubic metres and 1000 kg capacity (with tail-lift only 700 kg)