How to send an Xbox or other game consoles overseas?
Game consoles have slowly been developing from luxury goods to an ever-present piece of furniture in most living rooms. Having a PlayStation, Xbox or Nintendo gaming console is now more and more a daily thing. Thanks to this, you can enjoy not only a lot of games, but you can also watch movies or listen to music in a comfortable way in front of the screen of your own TV. We see more and more people sending game consoles overseas for different reasons whether that be moving abroad, importing an Xbox or PlayStation from another country or just travelling.
Do you want to send an Xbox, PS4 or other game consoles by courier?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack your Xbox, Playstation or Nintendo for shipping
Game console packing tips
By choosing Eurosender as your shipping specialist, you will be able to avoid all the pitfalls as you will benefit from our professional guidance and access to services offered by the best logistics companies on the international market.
To get you started, here are some of the basic tips you will need when using courier services to send a game console by courier:
- Measure the box or find out its dimensions and use the Shipment size Checker on our page to determine the most suitable option. If you are not 100% sure yet, please request an individual offer. This way, you will specify the exact nature of your shipment to one of our logistics specialists, who will be able to advise you on the most suitable shipping option to send a game console overseas.
- Always check if the service you have booked requires the customer to print the shipping label on their own. In case you use standard shipping services with a pickup country of Poland, Sweden, Romania, or Spain, you will need a printed shipping label. However, this is not necessary if you send a package from other countries or use freight shipping services.
- When you have to send a game console by courier, make sure you plan ahead and book the service early enough. Especially when you are planning to leave the pick-up address soon, place the order for shipping and calculate at least 2 business days extra to avoid any issues.
The safest way to pack a game console for shipping | Xbox, Nintendo or PlayStation
We are sure that you would want your console arriving safe and sound to the destination. When packing a PlayStation, Xbox or Nintendo Switch for courier delivery, it’s worth remembering a few important rules. Getting acquainted with the list below will help you avoid some shipping issues and ensure you with the safest packing for an Xbox when sending a game console overseas:
- Box – if you have the original purchase box you can easily use that one (if it is not damaged). If not, make sure you get a package according to the dimensions of the console.
- Take the disc drive out – it is important to take any discs that might be inside the console before shipping it.
- Take any cables out – for safer transportation and ensuring that your Xbox will not get damaged during transportation, we recommend taking the cables out and wrapping them separately.
- Cover with bubble wrap – to ensure its maximum protection, use a couple of bubble wrap layers for the Xbox.
- Add packing peanuts – you would not want your console moving during transportation therefore, add some packing peanuts at the bottom of the box, as well as in between the additional parts.
- Seal the box with sufficient tape. Put tape also on the corners and edges to prevent it from ripping. If necessary, affix the shipping label on the box.
Transport and packing tips for taking an Xbox or a Ps4 by plane
By now we are familiar with some aircraft regulations (for instance, when carrying a laptop) on what can you and cannot bring with you when travelling by plane. Now, you may be travelling or moving abroad and want to transport your Xbox console by plane or courier and wonder if you can take it with you on the plane. Read more and we will also give you some tips on how to pack your Xbox when flying.
There are two cases on how you can transport your Xbox console by plane:
- If you are travelling with a low-cost airline company and you are taking only a carry on luggage, then we recommend keeping the console somewhere easy to reach. The security will ask you to take your Xbox out of your carry on and go through the scanner. Once you go past security, you can wrap it around with the rest of your clothes, and voila you have just used waste-free packaging material for your Xbox console.
- When travelling with a checked bag you can still use the ‘waste-free’ packaging material for your Xbox console and put it in between your clothes. There is no additional security checking unless you are buying a brand new one from a different country and want to request a Tax-Free on it. In this case, it is nice to still have it easier to reach but remember to secure it tightly around and with the clothes, once you do all the formalities.
Can I ship an Xbox by courier?
Courier companies do accept shipments such as Xbox, Nintendos, and PlayStations so, therefore, you can ship an Xbox by courier. However, it is important to mention that if the console has a lithium battery you should make sure that the courier will only use road transport and not air transport.
Shipping lithium batteries
Lithium batteries are considered dangerous goods and therefore, prohibited when shipping by plane. For international shipments with Eurosender by air, courier services providers will not transport batteries or any type of electronic device including this type of batteries.
Eurosender insures all parcels for € 200. When sending an Xbox or other game consoles abroad we recommend adding additional insurance. The insurance applies only if you have the original packaging and if the original invoice is presented.
Is there anything we forgot to mention? Do you still have a question about how to send a game console overseas or how to send a game console by courier? Feel free to contact our agents, they will help you with your questions and help you book your shipment.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping a gaming console. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship a PS4, an Xbox or a Nintendo Switch, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment or to it.