How to ship an iPad & how to choose the tablet packaging
You might not be sure how to ship an iPad or a tablet if you have never done it before. Sending an iPad overseas or shipping other items of a higher value does not have to be that difficult if you simply follow some instructions. We have collected all the information you might need for safe iPad shipping.
How to place an order for iPad shipping?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight
You will immediately receive the best available offer
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service
Get informed on how to pack an iPad or tablet for shipping
We will take care of arranging the shipping with one courier service provider and you will be able to enjoy the convenience of door-to-door shipping.
Another advantage of iPad shipping through Eurosender is that the standard insurance of up to 200€ is already included in the price of the service. However, we always recommend purchasing additional insurance for valuable items such as iPads, tablets and other electronics. Additional insurance of up to 1000€ and 2000€ can be added at a very low extra price.
If you have any additional questions about how to ship an iPad, you can always turn to our customer support and our specialists will be most happy to assist you.
How to ship a tablet
Choosing the right courier service is very important for iPad shipping or shipping any electronics in general, as these gadgets are usually more expensive and also more fragile. Eurosender only collaborates with the most reputable international courier services, which means that your precious items will be in good hands during the transit.
Here are some tips before booking shipping services:
- Measure the dimensions of your parcel accurately by using our Shipment Size Checker, to see for what type of shipping your items qualifies.
- If the pick-up country is either Poland, Sweden or Spain or if you chose Flexi service upon booking, you will have to print the label and put it on the parcel yourself. In other cases, the courier will do this for you.
- Place the order for shipping at least 2 days before your departure from the location to avoid any risks in the end.
Check the dimensions of your iPad or tablet to determine the right shipping service
When shipping an iPad, proper packaging is crucial if you want to ensure maximum protection. For tablet packaging, you will need to use the following:
- The original box of your iPad or tablet
We strongly advise keeping the original boxes of the electronic item you purchase, such as the original iPad packaging, in case you will need to transport it in the future. It should be noted that the insurance is only valid in case the shipped electronic item is packed in its original box.
- A slightly bigger cardboard box, sturdy enough to protect your device – you can find it at any hardware store or stationery shop, but you can also find used ones at any local store or supermarket (just make sure they are not damaged);
- Bubble wrap to protect the iPad – which you can get at any hardware store or stationery shop;
- Packing peanuts for internal cushioning of the package – you can buy them at any hardware store;
- Adhesive tape – to seal the box.
If you struggle with buying any of these items, you can always find more information in our article, which is entirely dedicated to finding packaging materials and supplies.
How to pack a tablet for shipping
We recommend you to create a back-up of your important files before sending an iPad or a tablet. This way, you will be able to restore the documents if any unlikely problems arise during the shipping.
Now that we have successfully dealt with the packaging materials, we can finally tackle the most important question – how to pack an iPad for shipping?
- Start by using bubble wrap to cover your iPad. Be generous and wrap it in several layers to protect both its screen and the case.
- Put your iPad in its original packaging. Electronics always have to be packed in its original box for shipping, otherwise the insurance is not valid. Moreover, the original iPad or tablet packaging is also more secure as it is tailor made for the item you are shipping.
- Pack additional equipment (chargers, earphones etc.) separately. Put such equipment in a plastic pouch or simply wrap it with bubble wrap. This way, you will prevent the items from scratching your iPad.
- Seal the box. Seal it with tape and wrap it with more bubble wrap, then secure the wrap with adhesive tape.
- Put the smaller box into a bit larger box. Also fill it with cushioning materials, such as packing peanuts. Make sure you do not leave empty spaces to ensure protection and prevent the smaller box from moving around.
- Seal the bigger box. After sealing it, gently shake the package to see if the item inside is moving.
- If necessary, print and attach a shipping label to your box.
We recommend you to keep the original invoice for the items you are going to ship. This serves as a proof of the iPad’s or tablet’s value and is therefore a document that the courier companies normally require if you start a claim procedure following your iPad shipping.
The reasons for sending an iPad overseas
The following list contains some of the most common reasons for tablet shipping that our customers mention when booking the service on our website. Maybe you will find yours among them and see that booking courier services and sending an iPad or tablet overseas can easily be done.
- Buying an iPad abroad. Waiting for the newest model to be available on the home market can be difficult. In some cases, customers that want to get a hold of the latest technological gems ASAP therefore decide to order the newest model overseas. If they have to organise the shipping on their own, our service might be a perfect solution.
- Sending an iPad or tablet to the repair shop. Some of our customers also needed to send their iPad or tablet to the repair shop, which often located far away or even abroad. Shipping the iPad or tablet proved to be the easiest way instead of having to drive there and losing time as well as money.
- Moving abroad. When moving abroad, it is sometimes not possible to take your electronics with you. The only possibility left is to simply ship the gadgets to the final destination.
- Selling the iPad. Selling a used iPad or tablet online is also one of the frequent reasons for booking shipping services as meeting with the buyer in person is not always possible. Our customers found shipping an iPad or a tablet the easiest and cheapest solution.
- iPad forgotten at the airport. Rushing to the gate at the airport can sometimes lead to forgetfulness and many of our customers have contacted us to organise shipping their iPads or tablets from the airport.
- Changing the offices. When relocating and changing offices, the electronic equipment also needs to be transported to the new location. Shipping services come in handy in this case as they make shipping everything at once possible.
- Sending an iPad to a friend. Forgetfulness is again the cause in this case. Some of our customers mentioned that their friends or family visiting them from abroad have left their iPad or tablet behind and headed home without their beloved device. In case frequent visits are not possible, there is no other way than sending an iPad overseas and making sure it reaches its destination in a timely manner.
When sending an iPad overseas, it is important to note that lithium batteries are forbidden for any items transported by air. For international shipments to and from Greece sent through Eurosender, courier services providers will not transport batteries or any type of electronic device including these batteries. When placing an order, check that the transport of your iPad or tablet will be done by road, in which case lithium batteries are allowed for shipping.
If you still require additional information about how to ship an iPad or how to pack a tablet for shipping, you can always contact our customer support team. They will be more than happy to assist you and help you with sending an iPad overseas.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping an iPad or tablet. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship an iPad or tablet, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.