How to ship an iPad and other tablet models internationally
HOW TO SHIP
What services can you use for shipping iPads internationally?
HOW TO PACK
How to pack an iPad for shipping?
- Put the device in its original packaging.
- Wrap the box in bubble wrap to provide an additional layer of protection.
- Pack the packed box into a larger box.
- Add cushioning materials so that the inner box cannot move.
- Close and seal the box with tape.
- You can also add a “Fragile” or “Handle with care” label on the box.
Regulations on shipping iPads and other lithium battery-powered electronics
Sending iPads and other tablets in the mail or by courier is perfectly legal both for private individuals and for authorised resellers if the gadgets comply with the requirements below.
Items containing attached, non-removable lithium-ion batteries, such as iPads, can be sent by all modes of transport, provided they comply with the parameters set forth in the UN Manual of Tests and Criteria:
Devices with lithium batteries exceeding the above specifications cannot be transported by air but can be carried by road or travel by sea.
When shipping iPads or Android tablets, it is recommended not to charge the battery to more than 30%. The relevant transport recommendations for every iPad or Android tablet model can be found in the manufacturer’s product information sheet.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?