Returning a package to the sender
You need to send back a parcel to the sender or return an online purchase and you don’t know how to organise the return shipment? Check our advice on how to prepare the parcel for the return and book a shipping return service with the most reliable companies at the lowest price.
Shipping options to return a package to the sender
How to return a parcel to the sender
Follow our guidelines to organise a shipment to return a package to the sender or an online purchase.
- Agree with the sender about all the details, such as a delivery address, who is in charge of the payment.
- Pack the items if you open the parcel, following our packing instructions.
- If you didn’t open the parcel and you want to organise the return to the sender, make sure to remove all the labels.
- Check the size and weight of the parcel you want to return and book your return shipping service in just a few clicks.
- Wait for the courier and track the return shipment using our online tool.
What to have in mind when returning a package or an online purchase
The seller returns policy
Reasons for the return, how long you have to return your package to be eligible for a refund, and whether return shipping costs are the responsibility of the seller or buyer.
Packaging of the item
Always be sure of packing the items following our packing guides and remove old labels when you return the parcel using the same box.
Prohibited or restricted items
The courier can refuse to collect or deliver a parcel containing restricted items if the shipment is booked by an individual and not an authorised company.
Tracking return packages
For every package return booked, you will receive a tracking number to follow your return shipment status.
HOW TO PACK
How to properly pack your items for a return shipment
When returning a package to the sender, an important thing to consider is to properly pack and protect the items. Follow our general guidelines on how to prepare the return package or check our dedicated packing guides about many specific items.
- Protect every single part of the item with bubble wrap or other packing material.
- Use the original packaging and box of the item, if possible.
- Put the packed items in a cardboard box and fill all the empty spaces with packing materials.
- Close and seal the box and remove any old label from the surface.
How to return an online purchase
When buying on e-commerce or any other online store, you may need to return the parcel because the item was damaged during the transport, it was different from the description, or you simply changed your mind. Returning a package to e-commerce can seem a complicated process, but thanks to Eurosender, you can book a return shipment in just a few clicks. Whether you are returning faulty goods bought online or simply wish to send a parcel back to Amazon or any other online seller, we offer a range of fast and reliable courier services.
Check our dedicated pages to see the return policy for each platform and to know how to return an online purchase.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Frequently asked questions about how to return a package to the sender
What is the cheapest way to return a parcel to the sender?
What is the fastest shipping service to send back a package?
How do I know my package was successfully returned to the sender?
How can I return a large package to the sender?
What are the most common reasons to return a package to the sender?
- Returning a faulty item to Amazon, eBay or other online shops.
- Returning a package damaged during the transport.
- Returning an online purchase because the item didn’t match the description.
- Send back a package sent to the wrong address.