Ship a package back to the sender
The number of sales that are done through the Internet is increasing year on year. With that the number of purchases that has to be returned also increases. The wrong size, a faulty product or perhaps the product didn’t turn out as you had expected. Whatever it is, the product has to be returned. Often this is easier said than done and additional costs can apply, depending on the terms and conditions of the merchant. Do you have something that has to be returned? Then let us provide you with all the details when you want to return a shipment to a webshop or when sending back faulty goods to a webshop.
Eurosender works with a wide variety of logistics providers, ranging from world-famous international courier companies, to the most trusted companies on local markets. Check the prices for international shipping with our tool below.
How to place an order with Eurosender?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to prepare your items for shipping.
Richard H Zahm
9 hours ago
Clear website and instructions
Clear website and instructions
10 hours ago
Great site and great value
Jesus Andres Ezquerra Artigas
11 hours ago
Perfecto, rápido y barato. Reservé con Eurosender, el envío lo hizo SEUR y me costó menos de la mitad que contratandolo directamente con SEUR en su web.
11 hours ago
Satisfactory at this early stage
I haven't gone through the whole process yet, having only set a date for my shipment to be collected so far. But at this stage, everything seems clear --the terms and conditions state how the boxes should be packed, the dimensions and weight, which is helpful when trying to plan your moving out.
To be continued...
11 hours ago
very helpful - small hiccup with Estonia telephone
When can I return a package to the sender
In most cases, the sender of the package is responsible for the shipment. This means that when you order a product, the seller is responsible for the delivery. Which things can I send back to a webshop? Below you find the most common reasons people have when they want to return a package to the sender:
- The package has been delivered too late: When this happens, it is possible that you don’t need the object anymore and that is why you want to return it. When a delivery time hasn’t been agreed while purchasing the product, the maximum delivery time is 30 days.
- The product is damaged: Immediately notify the merchant and make a picture of the damage. Does it concern a shipment that was done by Eurosender? The check out our claim procedure.
- The product doesn’t work: In this case, you have the right to a free repair and replacement when necessary. When the product has to be sent back to the merchant, the fees should be paid by the merchant.
- The wrong product has been delivered: You have 60 days to notify the merchant, who has to solve this issue free of charge.
- Unwanted follow-up shipment: Have you ordered a product, but you received more shipments after the initial item had been delivered? Then directly contact the company that is sending you these shipments to discuss the return shipments.
- You want to return the product: Maybe it is too small or the color is not exactly what you were looking for. So, how to return a shipment to a webshop? No problem, you can always return orders when you keep the following rules in mind.
- The legal term to indicate whether you want to return a product is 14 days. However, it is possible that the merchant gives the customer more time.
- After you have indicated that you want to return the product, you have another 14 days to ship the product. In total, the return procedure can take up a total of 28 days.
- The seller/merchant is responsible for the costs of the return shipment. Pay close attention to this as many webshops are late with reimbursing shipping costs. However, keep in mind that the terms and conditions of the merchant may say that the customer is responsible for the return shipment. So, always read the terms and conditions before ordering something.
Return a shipment to a webshop with Eurosender
How can I book a cheap return shipping? When you want to return a shipment to a webshop and the merchant doesn’t provide the return shipping, you can ship it cheaply by using the services of Eurosender. Below you see how you can cheaply book a shipment through our platform.
Use the tool below to check whether your shipment is suitable for standard shipment. Is your package too big or are you sending multiple packages? In this case, you can use our freight service or ask for an individual offer.
Send a me quote
- In most cases, it is required to send the product back in its original packaging. When this is not the case, or you want to give the item some extra protection, then check out our packaging pages.
- All shipments arranged through the Eurosender platform are covered by our standard insurance. However, for valuable items, we recommend to take out additional insurance, which is available at low rates.
- Do you want to ship multiple packages at once? Then check out our page on shipping multiple packages in one order.
- Be extra careful with fragile items.
- With our online Track and Trace system, you can follow your shipment 24/7.
Other situations where people ship a package back to the sender
Even though the biggest part of the return shipments concerns purchases from webshops, there are other reasons to ship a package back to the sender. In these cases, the costs are always for your account as wasn’t any purchase agreement. Let’s take a look at the most common reasons for returning or resending a package.
- You received a present from a friend or family member but it isn’t of any use to you. When you have a good relationship with each other, it isn’t a problem to send the gift back so that the sender can make someone else happy with it.
- In some countries it is popular to do the following with unwanted gifts:
- Regifting: This means that you present the unwanted gifts again, but then to someone else.
- Gift Swap: This means that you exchange unwanted gifts with friends or family. When you live far away from each other, you can do this on the cheap with Eurosender.
- When you receive a package that you didn’t order and that you didn’t pay for, you are not obliged by law to send it back to the sender and you can keep the product. However, in most cases, people decide to ship the package back to the sender.
Why people send a package return with Eurosender
Shipping packages with Eurosender has many benefits. Below you find a brief overview of all the advantages that go together with shipping through the Eurosender platform.
- We organize door-to-door shipping for both national as international shipping.
- We offer more than 150+ million prices from numerous logistics companies all over the globe.
- Quick and easy online booking with a direct quote.
- Quotes give are the final price, no additional or hidden costs.
- Customer support in more than 15 languages.
When you have questions after reading this article, then feel free to contact our customer service or logistics experts. They will be glad to assist you with your shipment and answer questions such as: which things can I send back to a webshop