How to send parcels back to Amazon by courier
Return an item purchased from Amazon or third-party sellers on Amazon Marketplace quickly and easily with Eurosender. Understand Amazon’s EU return policy, how refunds work and other common queries about how to return parcels to Amazon.
Choose a suitable courier service for returning parcels to Amazon and book shipping in just a few clicks.
Courier services to return items purchased on Amazon
How to return an item purchased on Amazon
According to the Amazon returns policy, you can cancel your order within 14 days or send items back to Amazon within 30 days after receiving them. You can return only new, unused and undamaged goods to Amazon.
Follow these steps to organise the return of goods to Amazon:
- Go to the Amazon Returns Centre, and click “Return items”. If prompted, sign in to your Amazon account. If you don’t have an account, you will need to create one.
- Enter the 17-digit order number (or Order ID) for the item you want to return.
- Select the items you want to return and the quantity; then select a “Reason for return” from the drop-down menu (you can add additional information in the Details box).
- For items sold by a third-party seller, you will see “Submit return request”. Some Amazon sellers review return requests before authorising them.
- Select your return shipping options and how to get your Amazon Return Label. Each return requires a separate return label. To make sure that you receive the correct refund, don’t include items from multiple orders or deliveries in the same parcel.
- If you choose to return an item using Amazon Hub Locker, you will be prompted to select an Amazon Hub Locker location. For more information about how to return an item to an Amazon Hub Locker, go to Return a Package at an Amazon Hub Locker.
- Print your label and return authorisation. Some returns don’t require you to print a label or authorisation.
- Put the return authorisation inside your parcel and attach the label to the outside of it.
Amazon return policy | Who pays for the return?
When you return an item purchased on Amazon, the refund amount and method may vary depending on the reason for the return. You can return items purchased on Amazon using drop-off locations, pick-up options, Amazon lockers or Amazon hubs. Some returns are free, but in most cases, Amazon will charge you. Alternatively, you can send the parcel back to Amazon with Eurosender and save money.
If the items are defective, damaged or incorrect, Amazon will refund your shipping costs up to a maximum amount.
Return shipping costs will be deducted from your refund unless you’re returning shoes, clothes, jewellery and watches sold by Amazon.
SELLERS ON AMAZON MARKETPLACE
If the items are returned within 14 days of delivery, the seller refunds the items and shipping costs in full.
For items returned after the 14-day period, the customer should pay the shipping costs for returning them.
If you return a parcel using an Amazon-paid method, Amazon will deduct the cost of return shipping and restocking fees from your refund. If you choose to ship the item yourself, you can choose the courier with the lowest cost when you return your goods to Amazon.
ONE BOX – MULTIPLE ITEMS
Can I organise the return of multiple items to Amazon in one box?
Yes, you can return multiple items to Amazon in one box or parcel.
When arranging to send a parcel back to Amazon, you will receive a unique return label for each item you are returning. We recommend attaching the printed shipping labels to each of the items in the parcel. However, delays may occur if multiple items from different orders are returned in one parcel.
If you don’t see the option to return multiple items to Amazon in one box, don’t include items from multiple orders or shipments in the same box. It could prevent your refund from being processed correctly. Some items that cannot be shipped in this way are:
Items sold & shipped by a Marketplace seller
Amazon Global Store orders
Can I return opened items to Amazon?
Yes, you can return opened or unused items purchased from Amazon if they fall within their return policy. Items can be returned to Amazon on two conditions:
- The item must be returned within 30 days.
- The item has to come from Amazon, it cannot be a third-party seller. If your item is from a third-party seller, you will need to contact that seller directly to find out if they will accept the return or not.
How to pack different items before returning them to Amazon
Depending on the return method you choose, you may or may not have to pack your items. If you opt to take them to a drop-off location, extra packaging is not required in most cases. However, if you choose to have the items collected at your address either by Amazon or by a courier of your own choice, correct packaging is crucial.
At Eurosender, we have collected a number of packing tips to help our customers properly pack their goods for transport. Here are some of the items that are most often returned to Amazon:
Benefits of arranging Amazon parcel returns with Eurosender
24/7 online tracking
Support from experts
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
How to send items and parcels back to Amazon by courier
Does the post office return Amazon parcels?
- Log into Amazon and go to your orders. To return a gift, see "Return a Gift".
- Find the item you want to return and select "Return or Replace Items".
- Provide a reason for the return. If the item was sold by a third-party seller, you might need to request the return and wait for the approval.
- Select "Royal Mail Drop Off – print in store" or "Order Dropoff – printer required".
- You’ll receive either a QR code or an Amazon Returns Label to print out.
- Pack your items and print the label if needed.
- Bring your parcel with your label or QR code to your local post office and drop it off.
I don’t have the original packaging to return my purchased item to Amazon. What do I do?
What is the Amazon Return Label and how do I receive it?
Do I have to print the return label myself when sending parcels back to Amazon?
What items cannot be sent back to Amazon?
- Hazardous materials or items that contain flammable liquids or gases
- Downloadable software products
- Some jewellery items
- Health and personal care items etc