All you need to know about pallet shipping
We receive questions about the process and details of shipping pallets on a daily basis. To help you out, we have created an extensive library of articles covering everything about pallet and freight shipping. Get more information below.
Different materials used for freight shipping
One of the most important steps when shipping freight is deciding which packaging material is most suitable for your load. See below the comparison between some of the most common shipping materials:
- Packages vs pallets
- When to ship a pallet instead of multiple packages?
- Pallets vs crates
- Pallets vs skids
- Pallets vs containers
- Shipping wooden crates
- Difference between plastic and wooden pallets
- Can plastic pallets be used for export?
Moving pallets via truck transport
When organising a truck or van transport, you will also have to consider the most appropriate way to move the goods and their loading/unloading into the vehicle. Below are some articles that will give you more information about these steps.
- Handling pallets with a forklift
- How to move pallets without a forklift?
- How to prepare a stackable pallet?
- What are non-stackable pallets/cargo?
- How many pallets fit in a truckload?
- What are the markings on pallets?
- Damages in freight transport
Logistics terminology that is useful to know
To help you get more familiar with the world of freight transportation, we have gathered below some important terminology.
- Shipping lead time
- Tare weight
- Landed costs
- CBM – Cubic metres
- LDM – Loading metres
- Freight consolidation
- Difference between freight forwarders and freight brokers
- Difference between freight vs cargo
- Difference between couriers and carriers
- Difference between carriers and freight forwarders
- Difference between logistics and freight forwarding
- Difference between LTL and FTL shipping
- Intermodal shipping
- Dry van shipping
- Cargo insurance coverage
- TIR Carnet
- Shipper’s letter of instruction
- Proof of ownership (Bill of Lading)
Are you curious to understand more about other logistics terminology?
How to optimise your freight transport operations
In most cases, logistics management is not a one-size solution. Every company or user has specific requirements. Even though there are known strategies and processes that will help you optimise your operations, you will often need to tailor those solutions to your specific needs.
In the articles below, you will find some optimisation tips.
- How to optimise freight costs?
- How to prevent cargo damage?
- What happens with abandoned cargo?
- Organising multi-stop truckload shipping
Want to know more about how our pallet service works?
Ship your pallets with Eurosender
We can solve all your pallet-shipping problems!
Through our platform, you can organise all types of road freight shipments – from a single pallet delivery to booking full vans or trucks. We collaborate with multiple freight providers across Europe and internationally to make sure your goods are always in safe hands.
Check some of our most-used freight services: