How to cheaply ship Bourbon
Bourbon is an American whiskey that is mostly made of corn that has been available since the 18th century. Originally it was only popular in the USA but nowadays people drink Bourbon all over the planet. Bourbon is popular as a gift for birthdays, holidays and other celebrations. That is why more and more people are sending Bourbon by courier. However, when you want to send bourbon by courier, there might be some challenges. Don’t let that stop you, with our special shipping guide on how to cheaply ship Bourbon you will find out exactly how to pack and ship Bourbon. If you have any questions after reading this, feel free to contact our Customer Support team by mail or phone.
How to place an order with Eurosender?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to prepare your items for shipping.
Cheap shipping of Bourbon
Whenever you send a package with Eurosender, it is important to keep the following things in mind:
- Always be present at the pick-up address. When you are planning to leave the pick-up address when you want to pack and ship Bourbon, for example, because you are going on holiday, then place the order two days before your departure date.
- The courier is responsible for printing the label and attaching it to your package. However, when you live in Poland, Sweden or Spain, you have to do this by yourself. Find more info in our pick-up and delivery guide.
- Make sure that you measure the dimensions correctly. You can measure the dimensions with our free Shipment Size Checker. Remember to measure the shipment only after you packed it.
- You can track your order at any time with your tracking number. When you have questions regarding tracking your parcel, take look at our special Tracking guide.
Packing materials for shipping a bottle of Bourbon
To successfully pack and ship a bottle of Bourbon, you will need the following materials, which can be found at most hardware and stationery stores. You can use either new or used material but always check if they are not damaged in any way.
- Three Cardboard boxes of consecutive size
- Bubble wrap to wrap the bottles of Bourbon
- Extra Cardboard for separating the bottles when you send more than one bottle
- Cushioning material to fill up the boxes
- Adhesive tape to close and seal the boxes
- Knife or scissors to cut the tape and bubble wrap
How to package a bottle of Bourbon for shipping
Answering the question: how to ship Bourbon to someone? is easily answered with these step-by-step instructions below.
- Wrap the bottles several times in bubble wrap and seal with tape.
- Take the smallest box and fill the bottom with packing peanuts or any other cushioning material. Then you place the bubble wrapped bottles inside of the box, fill it up with cushioning material and seal it with tape.
- Take the second box and fill the bottom with packing peanuts. After that, you place the smallest box and fill up the box with cushioning material and seal the box.
- Protect the second box. There are 2 ways to do this. You can either wrap the box in bubble wrap or attach bubble wrap sheets on the bottom, top and sides with glue or tape.
- Take the biggest box, fill up the bottom with packing peanuts and place the second box inside. Once more you fill up the box with cushioning material and seal the box.
- Shake the box a bit to check that there isn’t anything moving inside. Also, make sure that all corners are covered with tape. When the pick-up address is in Poland, Sweden or Spain, don’t forget to print the label and attach it to the box.
Reasons for cheap shipping of Bourbon
If you want to know how to ship Bourbon to someone, you are not the only one. At Eurosender we frequently get questions about how to package a bottle of Bourbon for shipping. So let’s take a look at the most often heard reasons why people want to pack and ship Bourbon.
- Present: Many people pack and ship Bourbon as a present for birthdays or any other celebration and want to know how to ship Bourbon to someone. With the help of Eurosender, you can do this by using the cheapest and most reliable option.
- Collection: Just like with many other alcohols, such as whiskey and wine, people collect Bourbons. Now that you know how to package a bottle of Bourbon for shipping, you can easily expand your collection with the help of Eurosender.
- Availability: It could be that your local shops only offer a small range of Bourbons and you would like something more exclusive. In that case, Eurosender can help you with cheap shipping of Bourbon
- Travel: It sometimes happens that you buy more souvenirs than you can take in your luggage. However, it would be awful to leave them behind. In that case, you would like to know how to cheaply ship Bourbon.
Of course, Bourbon is not the only kind of alcohol that people send by courier. When you are thinking of sending another kind of alcohol you can take a look at the following dedicated shipping guides:
- How to pack and ship apple cider
- How to pack and ship beer
- How to pack and ship champagne
- How to pack and ship sake
- How to pack and ship whiskey
- How to pack and ship wine
Shipping alcohol in Europe
In the shipping world liquids are considered as dangerous goods, which means that if such packages are not handled with care, they can cause harm in transit. When it comes to alcohol shipping in Europe, most courier companies do not allow the transport of alcoholic beverages. However, there are still some companies that allow shipping alcohol under specific circumstances.
Pay attention that there is a big difference between travelling with alcohol in Europe and shipping alcohol in Europe via a courier company.
There are two factors that shippers should take into consideration when deciding whether they can ship alcohol or not:
- The restrictions and prohibitions of each courier company.
- The import restrictions and prohibitions of the country they send alcohol to.
At the same time, each European country has its own rules and regulations regarding alcohol shipping. Each country’s import regulations are set by the local government and they are binding by law. We would, therefore, recommend you to search for the rules that apply in the pick-up and delivery countries of your shipment. To give an example, in general, any kind of alcohol cannot be shipped to Great Britain and Ireland.
At this point, we should clarify that, although alcohol shipping is not recommended, many people ship bottles of wine, champagne, whiskey and other alcoholic beverages on a daily basis. Being informed about each country’s import rules and learn how to pack parcels containing liquids is essential before sending alcohol in Europe.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping alcohol in Europe. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship alcohol, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment