Sending spices overseas is easy
Spices were as valuable as precious metals many centuries ago. Seafarers travelling to other continents always tried to exchange goods for spices because the latter were very rare and expensive. Today, spices are widely accessible, so it is pretty easy to get them in any supermarket or store. While typical spices are common in many countries all over the world, some of them still remain very special and exclusive. That is why some people are willing to send spices via courier or ship them to any other state. Eurosender is here to grant affordable cost of shipping spices internationally and provide instructions for packaging spices and herbs properly to assure a positive experience of sending spices overseas for you.
What is the cost of shipping spices internationally with Eurosender?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack spices for shipping.
Sending spices overseas seems to be challenging and expensive, but Eurosender will prove the contrary. As we cooperate with renowned logistics providers operating globally, you can ship spices internationally. Many of our customers particularly send spices via courier or generally ship spices and herbs abroad as Eurosender offers a range of benefits, including the affordable cost of shipping spices internationally instantly displayed on the order form and detailed instructions for packaging spices and herbs properly.
When you are shipping spices internationally with Eurosender, there are certain things to consider:
- Normally when shipping spices, you can use our standard service. However, if you wish to ship more items together with your spices and your parcel won’t be eligible for standard shipping don’t worry. Also if you will need to ship more than 6 parcels with spices to the same address, all you should do is contact our logistics professionals and they will craft an individual offer for you based on your specific requirements.
- Make sure you place the order at least 2 business days before the desired pick-up date, especially if you are planning to leave the pick-up address shortly.
- Before sending spices overseas, verify whether it is necessary to print a label. When your order is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation which will state whether a label should be printed in your particular case.
Contact our friendly support team agents in case you have any questions related to shipping spices internationally and domestically with Eurosender.
Packaging supplies for spices and herbs
When you are shipping spices internationally or going to send spices via courier, you need to collect necessary packaging materials:
- Plastic or Ziploc bags. As a rule, spices are sold in small portions packed in small plastic bags. You will need Ziploc bags additionally to prevent spices from being crumbled or disintegrated.
- Plastic food containers or boxes are essential for storing spice sets safely.
- Plastic foil is used to cover small plastic bags with spices.
- Bubble wrap. It is essential to protect food containers and spice sets from being damaged.
- Styrofoam peanuts. They are used for filling voids and empty spaces in the box. You can find them in a stationary store or supermarket.
- Cardboard boxes. It is recommended to take 2 cardboard boxes when sending spices overseas.
- Adhesive tape. It is used to seal the box and cover the entire shipment for ensuring extra protection.
Instructions for packaging spices and herbs properly
Sometimes sending spices overseas with courier services is simply inevitable because there is no other way to deliver them to the place of destination. To make sure that your parcel is safe during transportation, you need to follow the instructions for packaging spices and herbs properly.
- Prepack spices. First of all, put spices in small plastic bags, Ziploc bags, or pouches.
- Cover spices with plastic foil. Whether your set of spices consists of small plastic bags or small corked glass jars with herbs, paprika, or oregano, you need to cover each of them with plastic foil. This will prevent spices from being disintegrated.
- Put spices in plastic food containers. That way, packed spices are less likely to be crumpled or lost.
- Cover a plastic container with bubble wrap. Given that plastic itself could be not very sturdy, bubble wrap coverage ensures extra protection.
- Put a plastic container in a smaller cardboard box. Afterwards, fill the voids inside the box and seal it with the help of adhesive tape.
- Nest a smaller cardboard box into a bigger one. You should put plenty of Styrofoam peanuts on the bottom of a larger box, nest a smaller box inside it, and fill the empty spaces with extra bubble wrap or packing peanuts.
- Seal the box. Close the box and seal seams with adhesive tape. You can also add a warning saying “Fragile” or “Handle with care” on each side of the box. Even though the courier is not obliged to treat the parcel as such, this will serve as an indication of your parcel’s nature.
Why is it worth shipping spices internationally with Eurosender?
Eurosender strives to provide the most affordable cost of shipping spices internationally and domestically. Our team works hard to ensure a positive experience for you by providing instructions for packaging spices and herbs properly and assisting you during all the stages of cooperation with our company. Here are the most common scenarios for why people are sending spices overseas.
- Shipping spices to another city or country for a special occasion. If another birthday party or wedding is approaching and you want to amaze guests with flavoured food, then Eurosender is there to help you with shipping spice sets to the place of celebration.
- Selling exclusive spice sets. If you grow or produce exclusive spices, while your customers live in different parts of the world, then using courier services would be the appropriate solution for shipping spices internationally.
- Sending spices to friends and relatives. In case you encountered some special spices or just want to share exclusive flavours with your nearest and dearest, Eurosender is here to help you with this mission.
Things to consider before sending spices overseas
Shipping spices internationally can be a matter of inspection based on customs rules and regulations that impose some restrictions on importing certain food items. Such cases are especially common when one wants to send spices via courier and ship spices to the EU countries. It is important to check the legislation of any country -within the EU or not- before you send a package with spices overseas.
When it comes to shipping spices within the EU, there are few restrictions. These are based on the safety and quality of the products that are entering a new country. When it comes to importing spices from outside the EU, there are strict rules regarding food colourings and additives that the spices may contain. However, you do not normally need a health certificate to import herbs and spices.
In the US, the import of spices containing fruit or vegetable leaves or seeds, including citrus leaves or seeds, is typically prohibited. There are no certain restrictions for importing spices and herbs for personal use, but they may be subject to Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services and Food Drug Administration. For more details, check the U.S. Customs Border Protection website. Other countries have also imposed certain regulations regarding the import of spices. Make sure that you are well informed before preparing your package for shipping.
Is there any information missing or do you want to know more about transportation of spices? If so, do not hesitate to contact our friendly customer support agents for more information.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping spices. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship spices, Eurosender will not be responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.