Transport an air conditioner domestically and internationally with Eurosender
Are you relocating to a hot country? Probably, you will need your air conditioner in a new house to get away from the heat as soon as possible. Or maybe you want to sell it and buy a new eco-friendly portable air conditioner instead? In all cases, shipping an air conditioner abroad effectively may seem a challenge, especially when it is not a new one properly packed in a box. In such case, you have to know how to uninstall an air conditioner and pack it before sending. Do not worry, we will provide you with all the necessary information for the best way of packing and transporting your air conditioner either domestically or internationally.
How to place an order with Eurosender?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to prepare your items for shipping.
All you need to do for shipping an air conditioner abroad effectively is to follow these four steps and prepare your package properly. Our logistics experts will find a courier company with the suitable offer and arrange door-to-door delivery for you.
If you want to know more about how to pack and ship an air conditioner abroad by courier or any other information about our services, do not hesitate to contact our customer support team. Our highly qualified specialists will answer your questions and provide you with tips that will make the shipping simple and safe.
How to ship an air conditioner abroad effectively?
Whether you want to deliver a portable, mini-split or window air conditioner by courier, you should always stick to the rule of proper packaging. Thus, you will be sure that your items will come without any damages in perfect condition. Our guidelines will help you to cope with this issue. Before booking the shipping services for your air conditioner, please have a look at general advice essential for successful delivery:
- Choose a suitable shipping service for your package. At Eurosender we offer several options for delivery:
- Standard shipping suitable for those air conditioners which weight is not more than 40 kg. Also, the package should not exceed the requirements for standard shipping. Measure your parcel after being packed and insert the final dimensions in our Shipment Size Checker below to know which service will be the best option for transporting an air conditioner domestically or internationally.
- Freight transport: If you want to send a central air conditioning system which consists of several units, probably your package will be too large for standard shipping services. In such case you might opt for pallet delivery. Depending on the size and the number of your packages, you can choose one of our freight services: LTL, PTL or FTL.
- Individual offer: If your shipment is not suitable for a pallet, too large or fragile, you can request an individual offer and our experts will find the best courier service according to your necessities within minutes.
- In most countries, the courier prints and attaches the label to your shipment. However, when the pick-up of your package takes place in Sweden, Poland or Spain, you should do it by yourself at home.
- Make sure there will be someone at the pick-up address to meet the courier. When you are planning to leave the pick-up address, please, order the pick-up at least 2 working days before the desired departure.
Every shipment realized through Eurosender is automatically insured up to 200 EUR. However, if you ship eco-friendly portable air conditioner, for instance, which costs quite a lot of money, we strongly recommend you to choose additional insurance up to 5000 EUR for a little extra. Thus, you will not risk when transporting your air conditioner internationally or domestically.
Packing materials for shipping an air conditioner abroad effectively
Since an air conditioner is a valuable appliance, choosing the right packing materials is essential to protect it from any possible damages while being on the road. Not all the materials are appropriate for shipping an air conditioner somewhere abroad effectively, so you should be attentive and read these guidelines thoroughly. These are the best materials for packing portable, eco-friendly, ductless and other types of air conditioners:
- Box: the best option would be to use the original box of your air conditioner because it surely fits your appliance and there will be no extra space in the box. If you do not have the original box, you can use the cardboard box with similar dimensions. It can be a new or old one, just make sure it is sturdy enough and does not have any damages. You can buy it at a stationery or hardware shop easily. Depending on the type of your air conditioner it may need more than one box (for those conditioners which consist of several separate units).
We strongly recommend using the original box when delivering mini-split, portable or another type of air conditioner by courier. Pay attention that the insurance is valid only for a device shipped in its original box.
- Bubble wrap to protect your air conditioner during the transit.
- Plastic bags to collect all the disassembled parts of an air conditioner.
- Packing paper or old newspapers for internal cushioning of the package. It is important not to use Styrofoam bubble sheets or Styrofoam peanuts for cushioning since they can penetrate the inside of your device and cause the issues later.
- Adhesive tape and scissors to seal the boxes.
- Pallet in good condition for transporting big and heavy air conditioners.
- Pallet belts to fix the packages on the pallet.
How to pack an air conditioner for shipping?
As soon as you have all the necessary packing materials, you can start to pack your air conditioner for a transit. Follow these steps to ensure your device:
- Prepare an air conditioner for shipping.
- If you need to transport your air conditioner which is already installed, the first question will be how to uninstall it? If you find yourself in such a situation and don’t know how to uninstall an air conditioner by yourself or don’t have special instruments, call a specialist and ask him to do it instead of you. This is a bit of very important advice, because even a slight incorrect movement may cause damage to a unit.
- Clean an air conditioner before packing. Disassemble all the removable parts. Take out the filter and clean it with warm water. Wipe down the outside parts of units. If your air conditioner has a water collecting dish, make sure it is dry.
- Pack the removable parts in plastic bags (cables, e.g.). Use one bag for each item.
- Protect the units of your air conditioner. Wrap the items several times in multiple directions with a bubble wrap.
- Prepare the box for shipping. Put the old newspapers or packing paper on the bottom of the cardboard box.
- Place each unit in the box. Place the bubble-wrapped units of your air conditioner in the separate boxes. Add crumpled newspapers. DO NOT turn your air conditioner sideways, because it will lead to the damages of its compression.
- Put the bags with disassembled parts. Add extra cushioning material between the main unit and the bags in the box.
- Seal the box with adhesive tape. Make sure the items do not move inside the boxes. After that, you can seal the boxes. Cut unnecessary parts of adhesive type with scissors.
- Place the air conditioner on the pallet. In case you are shipping large air-conditioner place the box in such way that the air conditioner does not lay sideways.
- Fix the boxes on the pallet. Use several pallet bells to fix the goods on the pallet.
Reasons to transport an air conditioner domestically
Transferring household appliances is quite a usual thing, especially if we talk about relocation. Our customers frequently ask how to ship an air conditioner abroad by courier. There are some of the reasons why you may need to send your air conditioner:
- Relocation: When moving to another city or country, you obviously need your devices to be transported safely. With Eurosender you can easily ship not only an air conditioner but also other things you need for a new house: radiator, printer, furniture, carpet or even outdoor furniture.
- Buying / selling an air conditioner: The technology develops so fast and the new models of air conditioners appear. Nowadays eco-friendly portable conditioner gains popularity. So, if you decided to buy such one and need to sell your old air conditioner, we will gladly help you to organize the shipping services. Also, if you are interested in saving ecology, you might like the article about sustainable shipping.
- Businesses: At Eurosender we offer shipping services not only for individuals but also for companies. If you have a shop and need to deliver air conditions regularly to your clients, you have come to the right place.
Do you still have any questions about how to ship an air conditioner abroad by courier? Do not hesitate and contact our customer support team to get the answers.