How to send coins via courier
Coin collecting is among the most popular hobbies in the world. So-called numismatists are constantly searching for rare coins that were minted decades and even centuries ago. Some numismatists exchange or sell coins, so they are looking for an affordable way to ship coins overseas or domestically. At the same time, people need to send coins via courier for many other reasons. In this article, we will describe some pitfalls of shipping coins abroad and provide tips on how to wrap coins for transportation via courier.
An affordable way to ship coins overseas and inland
If you want to send coins via courier, it will take less than 5 minutes to book shipping services on our platform. Furthermore, you will discover an affordable way to ship coins overseas as the price is instantly displayed on the order form. Before you book shipping services online, you need to take some basic preparation steps and essential recommendation into account.
- Wrap coins for transportation via courier. Follow the guidelines below on how to safely pack a single coin or a coin collection for shipping.
- Measure your parcel. After your shipment is properly packed, you need to check its dimensions and insert them in the Shipment Size Checker. This tool will help you to define which particular type of shipping services would be the most appropriate for you. Most likely, your package would be operated by standard shipping services when you plan to send coins via courier.
- Be aware of the regulations. Before shipping coins abroad, you have to check the list of prohibited and restricted items that cannot be transported via courier services. Furthermore, overseas shipping usually involves customs control inspection, which means that your parcel could be sent for extra security check in case it is suspected to contain forbidden items.
- Check whether insurance is applied. Shipping restricted items is under the sole responsibility of the consumer, so any compensation cannot be guaranteed in case of a damaged or lost parcel. Furthermore, it is not advisable to send money inside a package and advertise this fact as well.
- Print a shipping label if necessary. In general, a courier driver is responsible to take a shipping label to the pick-up address. In some cases, customers are required to print a label and affix it to the parcel on their own. Anyway, you will be provided with explicit instructions whether you have to do that or not in the confirmation e-mail.
- Ask a question. If you have any questions on how our service works or just want to know more about shipping coins abroad, feel free to contact our team of experts via e-mail, chat, or phone.
Materials needed to wrap coins for shipping
You need to pack each parcel properly regardless of its size and value when shipping with courier service providers. You can find a list of packaging materials needed to wrap coins for shipping. It is possible to get them at any stationery or hardware shop. If you are concerned about recycling and environmental sustainability, it is highly recommended to take used packaging materials. However, you need to make sure that they are still in good condition.
- Cardboard boxes – whether you plan to send a single coin or an entire collection of coins, you need to choose the box of the corresponding size for those. Consider that using envelopes as an alternative is not recommended as this kind of packaging is not reliable at all.
- Cling film – you can use cling film as the primary packaging materials to wrap coins for transportation via courier.
- Scrap paper – you can take scrap paper instead of cling film to cover coins.
- Cushioning materials – those are packing peanuts, polystyrene sheets, foam wrap, bubble wrap, and crumpled paper. Those materials are necessary to create padding, fill the voids inside the box, and restrict the items from moving around.
- Adhesive tape – it is used for securing packaging materials and sealing the box. Covering the entire box with adhesive tape is a good practice to prevent breaches during transit.
How to wrap coins for transportation via courier
Here you will find an easy way to package your coins securely. Just follow a set of guidelines to carry out that task easily.
- Sort out the coins into piles. In case you need to send plenty of coins in a package, you have to sort them out into piles based on their face value.
- Wrap the coins. If you have a single coin, just wrap it around with a piece of scrap paper or cling film. In case you have a pile of coins, fold the paper tightly around the coins. Afterwards, pinch the ends of the paper on each side and apply a piece of adhesive tape to hold the flaps together.
- Put coins in the cardboard box. Create some padding on the bottom of the box by putting cushioning materials in there. Afterwards, put your wrapped coins inside the box, add extra cushioning materials, and make sure that the items do not shift around. Take some pieces of adhesive tape to additionally cover the box and secure all seams.
- Use a double box technique. When you send coins via courier, it is advisable to take 2 cardboard boxes instead of one. That way, you have to put a smaller box with the coins into a bigger one previously cushioned like in the case above. In the end, fill the empty spaces with cushioning materials and seal the box by applying adhesive tape.
Shipping coins abroad and domestically with Eurosender
We have already helped numerous customers to send coins via courier companies with no issues. Indeed, it is easy to get an affordable way to ship coins overseas or inland by using our platform. Furthermore, you get a range of benefits when choosing Eurosender as a service platform for arranging shipping services for you.
- You can ship everywhere. By taking advantage of a vast network of reliable logistics partners, you can easily ship coins and other items internationally.
- Full support. We offer assistance during all stages of cooperation with us, starting from booking to delivery. Moreover, you will find a comprehensive list of guidelines and packaging instructions for shipping coins securely.
- Flexibility. You can send coins via courier either as a present or an auction lot. Learn more about shipping to auction houses, gift delivery services, and transportation of valuable items.
Is there anything we have not yet mentioned about shipping coins abroad? Do you want to ship something else? Give us a call or write us an email and we will be glad to tell you more about our services.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping coins. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship coins, Eurosender will not be responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.