Shipping candles internationally and domestically
Candles are used in various spheres of life and serve as either decorative or symbolic elements. If you plan some event, sending candles overseas might be exactly what you are looking for. Many people are concerned about shipping candles internationally in the summertime, so we have prepared some tips on how to prevent them from melting while transporting in hot weather. In this page, you will also find guidelines on how to pack flameless candles for transportation and find answers to other questions about shipping candles.
How to ship candles internationally by courier
It is easy to book shipping services on our platform as you can choose any destination worldwide. Therefore, sending candles overseas would be as easy as pie. You just need to take the following things into account before placing an order.
- Prepare the candles for transportation. If you wondered how to protect a pillar candle during transportation, a LED candle or any other type, you need to make sure you follow our instructions. In the next section of the article, you will find out how to protect candle shipments from melting during summertime and how to pack flameless candles for transportation.
- Measure your parcel. After you pack candles properly, it is necessary to take dimensions of your package and insert them in the Shipment Size Checker. If they fall under standard shipping requirements, you can easily book standard shipping service on our platform. If you have several packages which you plan to send to the same address, then pallet delivery would be an option. In case you need to send candles to different recipients, check our dedicated article on how to ship multiple parcels.
- Print a label if required. In the confirmation e-mail, you will be notified whether you need to print a shipping label and attach it to your shipment by yourself. This could be an issue when your pick-up address is in Poland, Sweden, Romania, or Spain. In general, couriers are in charge of bringing shipping labels when collecting your packages as a part of door-to-door shipping services.
- Place your order in advance. It is highly recommended to book shipping services at least 2 business days prior to the planned pick-up date.
If you have any questions about shipping candles internationally and domestically, feel free to contact our friendly logistics experts and get the most affordable cost of shipping candles internationally.
Packaging materials for candle shipping
Before sending candles overseas, you need to take all the necessary packaging materials to prevent the candles from melting while shipping in hot weather. If you plan to ship LED candles, you also need to pack flameless candles for transportation properly. In any case, make sure that you have the following packaging materials.
- Tissue paper – it is a good practice to wrap candles in tissue paper (or respectively, wax paper), especially when you are sending candles overseas as a present.
- Thermal bubble wrap – it is important to use bubble wrap whether you need to protect a pillar candle during transportation or you are sending a votive, taper, and or other candles.
- Plastic film – it is used to wrap several candles together.
- Shredded paper – this kind of packaging material serves as a separator for candles to prevent them from mingling.
- Packing peanuts – serve as cushioning material and prevent candles from being damaged or broken during transit.
- Glass or wooden container – if a candle is placed in a glass or wooden container initially, keep it there.
- A cold pack – that will keep the candle cooler during transportation.
- Cardboard box – practically all shipments are transported from the pick-up to delivery point in cardboard boxes. Sturdy boxes are very likely to protect your shipment properly.
- Adhesive tape – it is used to secure the elements of packaging and seal the box.
How to pack and ship candles during summertime
In case you need to pack flameless candles for transportation or want to protect your candle shipment from melting during summertime, follow the next several simple steps:
- Wrap the candles. Either you have a flawless, votive, pillar, or taper candles, it is necessary to cover each of those with thermal bubble wrap. If candles are in the original packaging, keep them in it. This goes especially for those set candles that come in one box. Wrapping the candles individually will ensure that they stay intact, and will also serve as an “isolation” between the scents.
- Prepare the box. Take a cardboard box of the corresponding size so it fits the volume of your shipment. Fill the bottom of the box with plenty of packing peanuts (you can also freeze the packing peanuts) and add the candles. Add the cold pack(s) around the candle. This will serve as a cooling effect, without adding dry ice in the box.
- Put candles in the box. If you plan to send several candles in the same box, take some of the shredded paper or a carton to separate the items from each other so they do not mingle during transportation.
You may wonder why is it important to wrap all the candles individually? This way you will ensure the best way to ship candles by courier in hot weather conditions as you will prevent them from melting into each other.
- Seal the box. Fill the remaining voids with more packing peanuts and seal the box. Secure the edges of the box with adhesive tape.
Commonly asked questions when shipping candles through courier companies
We understand that you might be worried and have some questions when it comes to sending candles abroad, especially when shipping in the summertime. Here we list some of the most commonly asked questions about shipping candles through courier companies:
How to protect candle shipment from melting during summertime?
If the candles you are shipping are in a container (such as glass, wood and tin), then the candles might withstand the heat and get safe and sound to the destination, but first, make sure you follow the instructions on how to pack and ship candles in summer. However, if you are shipping candles without any cover, apart from following the packing instructions (here it is important to add the frozen packing peanuts, cold packs, or thermal bubble wrap), we suggest you take into consideration some other approaches such as arranging the pick-up at the beginning of the week. This way you will not have to worry about the temperature conditions that your shipment is staying at during the weekend. If you are still worried that your candles will be long left on the road you can book an express delivery by requesting an individual offer.
Which candles can withstand shipping in hot weather?
Search for candles that have a Micro 180 wax additive in the paraffin wax. This substance adds to the quality of the candles and makes them withstand hot weather.
Is there any additional material that would ensure the best way to ship candles by courier in hot weather?
You can add additional insulation to the box to make sure your shipment withstands the weather conditions. You may be tempted to freeze the candles, but remember it is not advisable as in many cases, the candles can crack.
Sending candles overseas is easy with Eurosender
We at Eurosender are highly concerned about granting positive experience to our customers who would like to ship candles via courier. Many of our customers wondered how to ship candles by courier in hot weather conditions and we have successfully managed to arrange shipping services with no damage. Therefore, each one of them had a different occasion and reason for sending candles overseas.
- Shipping candles as a present. Those who want to surprise their nearest and dearest by sending a set of scented candles may take advantage of delivery services arranged by Eurosender. You can also check our dedicated pages for shipping gifts and birthday cakes.
- Shipping candles to buyers. If you are selling original handmade candles online, feel free to check our guide on shipping items sold on Etsy. Make sure you pack the items properly to prevent the candles from melting while shipping on hot weather conditions.
- Shipping candles for ceremonies and celebrations. Are you planning a birthday party, hen party, or a wedding soon? Eurosender is right there to help you with shipping candles and sending decoration kits and balloons by providing the most affordable cost of shipping candles internationally.
Do you have any questions about sending candles overseas? Feel free to contact our support team agents for more information.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping candles. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction or damage. In case you decide to ship candles, Eurosender will not be responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.