Fast and reliable lost and found shipping services
You’ve returned home from a vacation abroad only to discover you have left your wallet or carry-on bag at the airport, your prescription glasses in your room at the hotel. Wherever on earth it is found, Eurosender can have your lost property returned from airports, hotels, stations and more, fast and affordably. Save yourself the hassle and expense of replacing your lost item or retrieving it yourself and let us do it for you with Eurosender’s lost and found shipping services.
HOW TO SHIP
How can I have my lost property returned to me?
Whether you’ve lost it overseas or just in the next town over, follow these easy instructions to locate your lost item and have your lost property returned to you safe and sound:
1. Find your lost items – contact the lost and found department of the airport, train station or hotel’s reception desk where you may have lost the item.
2. Verify that you are the owner and ask if they are willing to ship it – you may need to prove this with your ID or a detailed description, depending on the item.
3. Ask for the contact details of a person responsible for the courier to contact to arrange a time for collection.
4. Remember that your item also needs to be packed in order for it to be shipped. Always check that they are willing to pack the item according to our packing instructions.
5. Book the courier service with Eurosender and let us do the rest. Save on the cost to ship lost and found items from any destination.
6. Be home at the delivery location at the time of delivery and track the progress of your shipment on our tracking tool to have your lost property returned, safe and sound.
HOW TO SHIP
Eurosender services for lost and found delivery
Providing a correct address for successful lost and found delivery
When arranging lost and found shipping details, it is essential to provide a complete and correct address. Follow the example below to provide a correct pick-up address when returning your lost property by courier:
Choose the country of pick-up/delivery.
Ex.: United Kingdom
- Name and Surname
Add the name of the public place followed by the name of the consignee
Ex.: Kings Cross Visitor Center, (lost property for) Sean Jones
Fill out the street name in full and the number.
Ex.: Stable street, 11
- Additional info – Optional
Keep in mind that the courier does not always take this into consideration.
You could choose to include a reference number or lost and found desk contact here.
- Zip code
Add the zip code, please double check if it’s the right one.
Ex.: N1C 4AB
Add the full name of the town or city.
- Phone number
Add the phone number, change the area code if needed.
Ex.: +44(country code) 020 3479 1795
Things to consider after arranging delivery of a lost and found item
After verifying with the airport, hotel or station that they are willing to help and hand over your lost and found item for its delivery by courier, you should take into consideration the following:
Returning lost property from airports, hotels, cinemas and stations with Eurosender
If you’re wondering, ‘will hotels ship lost items?’ check out our dedicated pages on lost and found shipping from many destinations, including:
READY TO SHIP?
Find out the cost to return lost property by courier
Frequently asked questions about lost and found shipping services
What is the best way to prepare a delivery of lost luggage for shipping?
For detailed packing instructions for lost luggage deliveries and excess baggage shipping, see our dedicated page.
Will hotels ship bulky lost items, and what is the best way to return them within Europe?
You can get an instant price on our booking tool.