FedEx international shipping services
FedEx is an international shipping company from the USA with its headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee. The company was founded in 1971 with the Name Federal Express, which was abbreviated to FedEx in the year 2000. FedEx became famous for introducing a track and trace system which provided the possibility to get real-time updates on delivery statuses, when you for example ship a pallet with FedEx. This system was later implemented by most courier companies.
Eurosender works with a wide variety of logistics providers, ranging from world-famous international courier companies, to the most trusted companies on local markets. Check the prices for international shipping with our tool below.
How to place an order with Eurosender?
Benefits of shipping with Eurosender
When you need to send a parcel with FedEx but want to know more about a solid alternative, take a look at the benefits that are involved when shipping your items with Eurosender.
A vast network of international and local logistics companies.
Empowers companies to set up their own digital logistics department and therefore improve their efficiency.
Shipping services available all over the globe.
Various services for different logistics flows.
Award-winning blog with fascinating articles about the logistics world.
Free online account with many benefits.
Immediate quotes online.
Send a parcel with FedEx and the alternatives
When you want to send a parcel with FedEx, you can easily book this through their site. However, shipping your items with Eurosender is often a cheaper alternative. Here is a brief overview of the services that Eurosender has to offer.
Standard shipping: Suitable for standard packages and luggage and being the most frequently used at Eurosender.
Freight Shipping: When you want to ship a pallet with FedEx, Eurosender freight service is a beneficial alternative. After selecting the right type of pallet for your shipment, you can choose between FTL, LTL and PTL shipping.
Dedicated Van Delivery: This service is often used for relocations and removals. For more info on this topic, take a look at the pages below.
Individual offer: When your items do not match any of the shipping services above or you are not sure which one is the best option for your shipment, you can contact our logistics experts to provide you with an individual offer.
Besides the service you choose, the cost to ship with FedEx, or with another company such as Eurosender, depends on several factors. Below we describe the things that determine the cost of shipping with FedEx or other courier companies.
- Dimensions: This includes the length, width and height of the shipment, plus the weight. Keep in mind that the dimension also includes the packaging material.
- Distance: How many kilometres or miles your shipment has to travel affect the price.
- Kind of items: Shipping fragile or dangerous items affect the price of your shipment. Always read the FedEx packing instructions or those of the company you ship with.
- Additional requirements: When your shipment needs additional services, such as for example storage, the price of the shipment goes up.
- Delivery time: Is your shipment time-sensitive or can is there no pressure when it comes to the delivery date? This can make a huge difference in the costs of delivery.
FAQ section FedEx
- Do I need to print the shipping label when shipping with FedEx?
- Yes, you have to do this by yourself. When you don’t have a printer at hand, you can go to the nearest FedEx office and have it printed over there.
- How do I track my shipment with FedEx?
- After your item has been picked up, you receive a tracking number. You can add this number at the FedEx website, at the Track&Trace section, and then see the status of your delivery.
- Which items are forbidden from shipping with FedEx?
- There are many different items that you are not allowed to ship with FedEx. The FedEx forbidden items list can be found on the FedEx website, but here are a few examples:
- Fine jewellery, art and furs.
- Watches with a value of over $1.000
- Weapons, drugs, counterfeit goods and cash or stamps.
- In case of doubt, always check the FedEx forbidden items list.
- Which items are restricted from shipping with FedEx?
- There are many items that are on the FedEx restricted goods list, meaning that they can only be shipped under certain conditions. The FedEx restricted goods list can be found on the FedEx website.
- Who assists me with the order if I booked with Eurosender and the selected company is FedEx?
- Eurosender currently doesn’t offer shipments through FedEx. So, when having questions about FedEx packing instructions, or problems with your order, you should always contact the FedEx customer service.
- How to find your FedEx account number?
- You receive a FedEx account number when registering for a FedEx account. When you want to know how to find your FedEx account number, you go to the FedEx website and log in. The go-to Account Management in the menu on the left. After that, your FedEx account number will be visible.
- Do FedEx labels expire?
- As long as the label is in readable condition, the FedEx labels do not expire.
- Where can you find the FedEx tracking number?
- A FedEx tracking number consists of 12 to 14 digits which you receive from the person or company sending you the shipment, which you can enter on the website to see what the status of your delivery is. You can also sign up FedEx InSight, where you can check order without a FedEx tracking number.
- What to do when my package is not delivered by FedEx?
- When your package is not delivered by FedEx, for example, because it is lost, you file a claim directly on their website. You can also file a claim when your shipment is incomplete or damaged.
When you have questions about the services that Eurosender offers or you need assistance with your shipment, then feel free to contact our experienced logistics experts. They will be glad to provide you with the necessary advice and answer all your questions.
Our courier services providers:
Disclaimer: The information above is the result of online research. When looking for accurate information, such as complete lists of FedEx forbidden items, FedEx restricted items, FedEx packing instruction and information about the cost to ship with FedEx, always check the official website of FedEx.