How to ship a key by courier?
Someone close to you has left their key at your home and you can’t take it back to them. To ship a key by courier is an option that can be considered at Eurosender.
It is easy to imagine the stress and expectations that can arise from this situation. You probably want to send a key abroad or to its destination to just another town as quickly as possible.
But that’s not all. You also have a security need. In other words, you want your shipment to be safe and transparent. Your package must, therefore, arrive in good condition and as soon as possible.
That’s why our platform has created this guide, for you, so that you can pack and send a key abroad or within your country as peacefully as possible.
Don’t forget one thing: Eurosender is here to help you ensure that your key is sent correctly. By following the tips below, you can be sure that you are packing securely and ready for delivery. Once your key is packed, our logistics experts will take care of the next steps.
The advantages of Eurosender:
- Taking your security concerns to heart, Eurosender collaborates exclusively with courier companies of international renown (DPD, DB Schenker, GLS, Kuehne + Nagel, Post Luxembourg).
- Instant quotes with no hidden costs.
- On the day of collection of your package, you will receive by email a tracking number, allowing you to keep an eye on the proper transport of your key. This system immediately dispels your concern.
How to place an order on Eurosender?
On our home page, choose the country of origin and destination. Indicate the type of package used and its weight.
Our system will offer you the best value for money.
Check the information given and proceed with the payment.
You will receive a confirmation email with all the necessary information about the shipment of your parcel.
All the information, for a successful shipment:
- In some cases, you will need to print a label that you will receive by email. Once printed, all you have to do is apply it to your package so that it can be identified. How do you know if your package requires a label to be printed? You will simply be notified in advance by email. In case you do not need to apply the label, the courier will take care of it.email
- Free insurance is offered up to 200€. Although the value of a key rarely exceeds this amount, you should be aware that additional insurance is possible up to 1000€ or 2000€.
How to pack a key? – The material
When you ship a key by courier, follow the same rules as for standard parcels. The objective here is to ensure that the key does not accidentally come out of the box. This is why the use of a cardboard box is really important. You need:
- A small cardboard box — Can be purchased in hardware stores or stationery stores. Used boxes can also be found in supermarkets. In this case, make sure that they are sturdy enough and have no holes, tears or dents.
- Upholstery materials — Newsprint, bubble wrap, polystyrene, foam, plastic bag… They will be used to keep your key in place during the shipment.
- Tape and scissors – to seal the package.
How to pack a key? 4 simple steps
Now that you have the appropriate equipment, all you have to do is pack it up. Here are some tips:
- Unlike other small objects such as watches or mobile phones, keys are not supplied with the original packaging. ￼￼In that case, you can simply surround the key with a protective plastic film.
- Cover the bottom of the box using the padding materials. Then put the key in the middle of the package.
- Fill in the empty spaces of the package. Always using the padding material, insulate the item from the cardboard box. Make sure that the key cannot move. Shake (slightly) the box to check it.
- Once there is no empty space anymore inside the cardboard box, seal the package and label it if necessary. Remember to seal all sides of the box.
You are now ready to ship a key by courier. Any questions? Any clarification? Eurosender’s team remains available to provide you with more personalized assistance. To do this, a single click:
Do you want to send other small items? Eurosender can guide you on the packaging of your shipment. From shipping a smartphone to jewelry and a watch, you can follow our packaging tips in the “Help” section and then on “Pack and ship“.