How to pack camping gear
Have you sold your tent or a part of your camping gear online and would like to send it to the buyer now? Do your relatives or friends want to rent your tent for their vacation, but you do not have time to deliver it yourself and prefer to mail it? Are you planning a camping tour and would like to ship your camping equipment in advance to the campsite of your choice? Shipping camping equipment comes very handily especially when traveling by plane, as you can save on extra luggage fees.
If you want to pack a tent and ship your camping equipment, Eurosender is the right place. We will find the shipping option with the best price-performance ratio and take care of your shipment.
Learn more about how to properly pack a tent and other camping gear for shipping and place an order with Eurosender.
Why is Eurosender one of the best shipping partners:
- We cooperate only with reliable international logistics partners, including DPD, GLS, DHL, DB Schenker, Kuehne + Nagel, Post Luxembourg and other renowned logistics companies.
- Automatic selection of the provider with the best price-performance ratio.
- Easy and uncomplicated. It takes only a few minutes to place a pickup order.
- Instant offers without hidden costs. Why waste time comparing offers from different providers? On our site you simply select the route and you will immediately receive the best possible offer.
- Europe-wide service. Our logistics partners cover almost every location in Europe, so we can arrange deliveries to almost any address of your choice.
- Support in your language. Our experienced logistics professionals in Berlin, London and Ljubljana are just a phone call away or an e-mail away.
How to ship a tent and camping equipment with Eurosender?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack a tent and ship camping equipment.
It is so simple! All you have to do is to pack your camping supplies and the rest is on us.
- Before packing all your camping stuff, check also the list of restricted items to make sure you are not shipping some forbidden items.
- Also, make sure to order the service at least 2 days in advance. Especially in the case when you are planning to leave the pick-up address.
- Do not forget to print and stick the shipping label to your package if you are shipping from Poland, Romania, Sweden or Spain.
How do I send a larger package?
Before ordering, make sure your package is suitable for standard shipping. Simply enter the dimensions of the shipment in our shipping calculator. If your package exceeds the standard size, our shipping specialists will prepare an individual offer for you. You will receive it within a few minutes by e-mail.
One of the benefits of Eurosender is that our service eliminates the need to visit the local post office or parcel shop, as all shipments booked through our platform are delivered door to door.
If you need more information about shipping camping equipment or if you still have questions about the ordering process, feel free to contact our customer service. Our shipping experts are always available and happy to answer all your questions.
How to prepare for glamping
If you want to take camping to the next level, a glamping trip would be exactly what you need. Glamping is a modern way of camping with amenities that ensure comfort but still keep you close to nature. Many of our consumers are wondering how to prepare for glamping and send glamping essentials to a different location. Eurosender offers different types of logistics services across Europe and worldwide with trusted courier companies offering affordable shipping solutions for you to send glamping essentials to a campsite.
Currently, glamping in Cornwall, Yorkshire, Wales, Scotland, and other parts of the United Kingdom is gaining momentum and is becoming more and more popular. If you are going to spend a weekend or even a week there, courier services might come in handy when you need to send glamping essentials to a chosen location. Learn how to prepare for glamping in Cornwall, Yorkshire, or other regions by shipping a bell tent and other pieces of glamping gear across the United Kingdom.
What packaging materials do you need to pack a tent or camping gear?
If you want to ship your camping equipment abroad, or even regionally or nationally, you should ensure that your items are properly packed. To achieve this, you need the following packing materials:
- Cardboard boxes – are available at stationery stores or hardware stores, but you can also use used boxes from the supermarket. Just make sure that they are in good condition. The box should be sturdy and big enough to fit your items and cushioning materials.
- Bubble wrap or wrapping paper – To protect the items from scratches, dents, dings.
- Plastic or Ziploc bag – For packing smaller items or protecting items from dirt.
- Cushioning material – Padding out of the box. You can use Styrofoam chips, crumpled paper, polystyrene sheets or more bubble wrap.
- Ropes or rubber bands – to secure small parts.
- Adhesive tape and scissors – To close the package and secure stuff. You can also use rubber bands to hold together parts of your camping equipment.
How to pack a tent or camping gear for shipping?
To best protect your tent or camping gear, just follow these guidelines:
- Prepare a tent or camping equipment. Tents are usually kept in a bag, which makes their shipping a lot easier, as the items are already well stowed. If you do not have the bag for your tent, carefully roll up the flysheet and the main tent in a compact structure and tie them up with ropes. For other camping equipment, we recommend to disassemble them. So you can pack them easier. Collect the tent poles together and secure them with rubber bands.
- Pack smaller parts. For pegs, ropes and other small parts, use labelled plastic bags, which you can even attach directly to the appropriate equipment. So you know exactly where they belong when putting up your tent or other hiking gear.
- Wrap your tent or equipment in bubble wrap or leave it in a bag. Use plenty of bubble wrap to protect each item.
- Place the items in the cardboard box. Cover the bottom of the box with cushioning material, place the items in the box and fill the empty space with an additional cushioning material. This way you will prevent the items in the package from moving back and forth.
- Close the box and label if needed. Gently shake the cardboard box to make sure nothing moves in the package. Seal the package along the flaps with several layers of duct tape. When using old box, remove all the labels so you can add new ones.
Insure your camping gear
With the help of our partner ERGO Group, we at Eurosender offer our customers not only the standard insurance (€ 200, included in the price of the shipment), but also extra insurance options amounting to € 1000 or € 2000 at reasonable rates.
Still not sure how to pack a tent or if you did everything right? Do you need help with packing or ordering our shipping services? Our customer service specialists are happy to help with any issues you might have if you want to ship camping equipment.