How to ship a mattress or bed frame internationally
We take the hassle out of international mattress shipping by finding you the right bed courier service. Check the cost of shipping a mattress or bed in just a few clicks with our booking tool. Order the shipping service for your mattress or bed frame delivery in an instant and leave the rest to us.
HOW TO SHIP
Sending a mattress or bed via courier service
HOW TO PACK
How to pack a mattress for shipping internationally
When it comes to international mattress shipping, the risk of damage is quite low. However, we recommend packing and protecting the mattress properly before shipping not only for hygienic reasons but also because the courier will not accept an unpacked mattress, unless the service booked is Van Delivery. Follow these simple steps to pack the mattress for shipping:
- If possible, roll up the mattress, place it inside a bag and vacuum pack it. Alternatively, you can wrap the mattress with cellophane.
- Place the packed and rolled up mattress together with the other parts of the bed in one or more boxes.
- Close and seal the box and, if using a pallet to ship the different parts of the bed disassembled, secure everything with straps and cellophane.
- If the shipment is too big to use a box, you can also opt for the Van Delivery Service.
How to pack a bed frame for shipping
Below are some recommendations for sending a bed frame by carrier:
- Disassemble the bed as much as possible (legs, slats), and wrap each part in bubble wrap or packaging materials. We recommend writing down where to position each piece for reassembly.
- Put the parts in a bag and attach to the bed base.
- Pack everything in a box. You can follow the same recommendations as for shipping a mattress.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Get more for less!
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their
permanent shipping platform and get immediate access to multiple benefits.
Set up a business account
How to ship a bed frame or mattress when relocating
The best service for transporting a bed or mattress together with other furniture and personal items is the Van Delivery Service. With this bed courier service, a van and driver will be reserved for your load, meaning that orders from other customers will not be transported in the same van. The bed or mattress will be delivered to the destination, without stop-overs along the way.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
FAQ on international mattress and bed transport by courier
How much does it cost to ship a mattress internationally?
What is the cheapest way to ship a mattress or bed via courier service?
How to compress a memory foam mattress to save on international shipping?
- Put the foam mattress or the topper in the bag;
- Suck the air out of it with a vacuum cleaner;
- Seal the bag well to prevent the air from leaking back in;
- Roll the mattress and put it in another plastic bag;
- Box it for shipping.
How do I ship a queen or king-size bed internationally?
- Disassemble the bed. Pro tip: we suggest marking all the pieces so later it will be easier to reassemble it back even without the original instructions;
- Put the smaller pieces in a Ziploc bag and attach it to any of the bigger pieces of the shipment;
- Remove all detachable parts such as the mattress, the side rails, headboard and footboard;
- Wrap all the pieces separately with bubble or foam wrap.
What is the best way to ship a mattress via courier?
- Small, single bed: 11 kg
- Twin bed: 27 kg
- Double bed: 41 kg
- Queen-sized bed: 48 kg
- King-sized bed: 57 kg