How to ship mattresses and bed frames by courier
We find the right shipping service for sending a mattress or a bed frame by courier so you won’t have to deal with it. We will organise all the details of the mattress transportation at affordable prices and provide assistance at every step of the way. Book the shipping service for your bed frame or mattress in an instant and let us do the heavy job.
SOLUTIONS FOR BUSINESSES
Local and international mattress shipping services
Let Eurosender arrange shipping of bed frames and mattresses to your customers, while you focus on scaling your businesses. Use our platform to have all the shipping information at hand, anytime you need it and manage all your shipments from one single place. Get started to unleash all benefits.
THE MOST RELIABLE SHIPPING OPTIONS
How to ship a mattress internationally by mail or courier
The right shipping method for your mattress will depend on the dimensions and weight of your item. Use Eurosender to benefit from our professional guidance and easily ship a mattress cross country or even abroad using one of the following methods:
What to know before shipping a mattress internationally or cross country by courier
Before ordering a shipment to send your mattress domestically or abroad via courier service, make sure to learn the most important basics:
- Measure your mattress in its final packaging to determine what is the most suitable shipping option for your needs.
- Check whether you need to print and attach the label yourself. This information will be sent to you via email once the transport service of your mattress is confirmed.
- Calculate the estimated time of delivery with our online tool and ship your mattress on time. Make sure to have someone present at the pick-up and delivery addresses.
How to pack a mattress for shipping abroad or domestically
Follow the instructions below to find out how to properly pack and protect a mattress for shipping:
- Prepare the mattress for shipping by removing the bedding and other items.
- Wrap the mattress securely using a mattress bag, a bigger plastic bag or ample amounts of bubble wrap.
- Pack a mattress in a large box, filling the voids with packing materials. Alternatively, large cardboard sheets can be used to wrap the mattress if well secured with adhesive tape.
- Seal the box, reinforce all the edges and flaps and label the package (if needed).
Van delivery service
Get an immediate quote for shipping your mattress
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
FAQs on international mattress delivery and transportation
How to compress a memory foam mattress to save on shipping
Most manufacturers compress memory foam mattresses and roll them up before packing and shipping them to save some space. While this process is only possible with the help of a special compression machine, you can shrink your mattress to a certain degree at home using just a vacuum bag for mattresses and a vacuum cleaner. By compressing your mattress, there are higher chances its dimensions will be suitable for using the standard shipping service.
- Put the foam mattress or the topper in the bag.
- Suck the air out of it with a vacuum cleaner.
- Seal the bag well to prevent the air from leaking back in.
- Roll the mattress and put it in another plastic bag.
- Box it for shipping.
After unpacking it again, give it some time to completely recover, especially if you get a new one that has been compressed in the factory.
How to prepare the shipment before transporting a queen, king-size or kid bed frame internationally
There are several things to keep in mind before transporting simple bed frames, king size beds or kid bed frames by courier:
- Disassemble the bed. Pro tip: we suggest marking all the pieces so later it will be easier to reassemble it back even without the original instructions.
- Put the smaller pieces in a Ziploc bag and later attach it to any of the bigger pieces of the shipment.
- Remove all detachable parts such as the mattress, the side rails, headboard and footboard.
- Wrap all the pieces separately with bubble or foam wrap.
Many people send or have mattresses delivered every day. Find out the most common reasons:
- Moving to a new address. If you do not want to leave your mattress behind when moving, use our relocation services to send your mattress along with other items.
- Selling or giving away an old mattress. Ship your mattress using our cheap and reliable shipping services directly to its new owner.
- Returning a mattress. Our professional staff is always available to help you ship a mattress for return.