How to ship mattresses
Eurosender’s mission is to make sending a mattress by courier as easy as it can be. By utilizing the various services offered by a network of our trusted partners, we can accommodate every shipper’s individual needs. Thus, we make sure that even bulky items such as mattresses can be transported to a customer’s chosen address in a safe and timely manner as well as at an affordable price. In this article, we explain how to pack a mattress for shipping and book the transport in just a few easy steps.
How to place an order for sending a mattress abroad or domestically
Fill in the individual offer form on our website or order the standard service.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack mattresses for shipping.
The advantages of Eurosender do not end with a quick access to the shipping service that best meets your needs and helps you save money. You will also benefit from the fact that we will arrange the transport for you and take over all the communication with the carriers. A door-to-door delivery at its simplest.
While the standard insurance of up to 200€ is included in the price of every shipment, we strongly recommend that customers sending more expensive mattresses also opt for one of our additional insurance packages (1000€, 2000€ or 5000€). Available at low rates, additional insurance is a great solution for complete peace of mind.
If you are still not exactly sure how to ship a mattress internationally or if you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us by mail or phone. Our professional and friendly logistics specialists will be glad to guide you through the whole process. Let us prove to you that it is possible to ship a king size mattress in the quickest way possible without breaking the bank or worrying about its safety.
How to ship a mattress internationally or domestically with Eurosender’s help
It does not matter if you want to ship a queen size mattress or a twin-size one, the biggest “hurdle” when shipping these long rectangular foam pads is undoubtedly their size, which often makes them unsuitable for standard shipping. Not knowing which service to turn to can cause you a lot of issues with the booking and the transportation process while also having a serious impact on your budget.
However, by choosing Eurosender as your shipping specialist, you will be able to avoid all the pitfalls as you will benefit from our professional guidance and an access to services offered by the best logistics companies on the international market.
To get you started, here are some of the basic tips you will need when using courier services to ship mattresses:
- If you have to transport a new mattress that is still roll-packed, you might be able to send it using standard services. Measure the box or find out its dimensions and use the Shipment size Checker on our page to determine the most suitable option. If you, however, want to send a used mattress, you will most likely have to request an individual offer. This way, you will specify the exact nature of your shipment so that our logistics specialists will be able to advise you on the most suitable shipping option.
- Always check if the service you have booked requires the customer to print the shipping label on their own.
- Make sure you plan the shipping ahead and book the service early enough. Especially when planning to leave the pick-up address soon, you need to place the order for shipping at least 2 days ahead of your departure to avoid any issues.
Check if your mattress is suitable to ship
If you are moving abroad and need to transport more than just a mattress, we recommend shipping several items at once using our freight or relocation and removal services. Get in touch with our specialists to find out more. Do not forget that shipping more things at once is more economical and therefore pays off, especially when using Eurosender.
Packaging tips for shipping mattresses
Despite the fact that the cushy mattress is unlikely to be at risk of being damaged during transport, one still needs to protect it from dirt or superficial damage. To do this, the following materials are essential:
- A large cardboard box or cardboard sheets – either to pack the mattress or wrap it.
- A large plastic bag – It is best to just use a mattress bag, which you can buy online or in your local hardware store.
- Padding materials – a little bubble wrap, packing peanuts or some Styrofoam sheets can get you a long way if you want to ensure extra protection for your mattress. Buy these materials at your local hardware shop.
- Adhesive tape and scissors.
How to pack a mattress for shipping
Properly packaging and protecting a mattress for shipping is crucial to prevent it from dust, dirt, any accidental tears etc. This is why it is important that you follow the below instructions when packing a mattress:
- Prepare the mattress for shipping. Remove the bedding and other items so that you can only pack the mattress itself.
- Wrap the mattress securely. Use a mattress bag, a bigger plastic bag or ample amounts of bubble wrap to protect the mattress. Secure the protection with adhesive tape and make sure that every bit of the mattress is covered by the protective material.
- Pack a mattress in a large box. If you can find a large enough box, you can use it for extra protection. Fill the boxes with packing materials of choice so that the mattress is completely surrounded by the padding. As an alternative, you can use larger cardboard sheets to wrap the mattress once more and secure the protection with several layers of adhesive tape.
- Seal the box and label. If you have the mattress packed in a box, make sure to seal all the edges and flaps. Label if needed.
How to compress a foam mattress
Most manufacturers compress foam mattresses and roll them up before packing and shipping them in order to save some space. While this process is only possible with the help of a special compression machine, you can shrink your mattress to a certain degree without specialized equipment. All you need is a special vacuum bag for mattresses and a vacuum cleaner. Put the foam mattress or the topper in the bag and suck the air out of it with a vacuum cleaner. You need to seal the bag well to prevent the air from leaking back in. Once you are finished, you can roll the mattress, put it in another plastic bag to protect it well and box it for shipping.
Always make sure you know how to compress a foam mattress with a vacuum cleaner without damage. After unpacking it again, give it some time to completely recover, especially if you get a new one that has been compressed in the factory. You can buy a vacuum bag for mattresses online or at your local hardware store.
If possible, make sure to keep the original invoice for the items you are going to ship. This serves as a proof of the item’s value and is, therefore, a document that the courier companies normally require if you start a claim procedure following the shipping.
The most reliable as well as the cheapest way to ship a mattress – only a few clicks away
Many people on the lookout for the courier companies that would help them ship mattresses turned to Eurosender’s services and were not disappointed. Go through the scenarios they found themselves in to see in how many different situations we can be of help:
- Renovating the apartment. When you need to turn your house upside down, everything has to go out and be stored somewhere else, even mattresses. While many a thing can be transported by car, shipping services are a great solution for items too big to fit a normal sized car.
- Moving to a new address. Many customers only sleep well on their own mattress and do not want to leave it behind when moving. Eurosender is glad to help the shippers sleep better.
- Selling an old mattress. Customers who want to earn an extra buck by selling their old mattresses online use our services to ensure a cheap but reliable transport of the goods and gain an advantage on the market.
- Returning a mattress. Customers who wanted to know how to pack a mattress for return were happy to be assisted by our professional staff while benefitting from affordable shipping services.
- Giving away old mattresses. If you want to help people in need by giving away furniture or other items, do not hesitate to contact us. We support humanitarian causes and will do our best to provide you with the cheapest way to send a mattress anywhere in Europe.
If there is something we forgot to mention, do not hesitate to let us know this. Contact our customer support specialists for help and we will be happy to update this page with new relevant info to make shipping mattresses even easier.