Send cheese by post or through courier services
Read everything you need to know about sending cheese abroad and avoid any uncertainties. Check the rules and regulations to see whether you can send cheese in the mail or through courier services. Maintain the shipment quality throughout the journey and learn the best way to pack and ship cheese unrefrigerated with our guidelines.
What are you interested in?
READY TO SHIP?
Eurosender shipping solutions
How to pack and send cheese by mail or through courier services?
Follow our guidelines to ensure the good condition of the cheese that you want to send across the country or abroad:
- Vacuum-seal the cheese if possible.
- Wrap it tightly with wax paper and plastic or bubble wrap.
- Use an insulated foam box, and add inside gel packs.
- Place the cheese on top of the gel pack inside the box.
- Fill the voids with gel packs, and additional cushioning material to avoid movement.
- Close and seal the box with tape.
Please bear in mind that not all of our shipping services are suitable for shipping cheese. Please get in touch with our team to discuss your options before shipping.
Regulations for businesses transporting cheese by courier
Certified cheese-makers with the correct import and export licenses can send cheese by specialised courier service providers if they comply with the safety, packaging, labelling and import regulations of the destination country and provide all necessary customs documents.
Different countries may require additional documents to import milk and dairy products, such as a Certificate of Origin or Sanitary Import Permit and the correct import licenses. Make sure you check this in detail with the destination country.
It is important to note that not every courier company offers service for shipping cheese internationally, as food is on the list of prohibited and restricted items for shipping. Individuals can book transport for such shipments through specialised providers. You should reach to us to discuss the options before booking your cheese shipping.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their permanent shipping platform and get immediate access to multiple benefits.
Set up a business account
Things to bear in mind when shipping cheese unrefrigerated
- Check the customs regulations of the destination country prior to sending cheese abroad. Some countries do not permit the import of cheese by individuals without proper certificates and cold-chain compliance.
- Choose a logistics service with a specialised provider offering the shortest transit time when transporting cheese.
- Check if the selected courier company allows the shipping cheese and similar items.
- The condition of the shipment may depend on the selected type of cheese.
- Unlike hard cheese, soft cheese requires cold-chain logistics solutions and cannot be safely shipped through standard courier services.
- Book the collection early in the week to avoid longer transit times.
- We do not recommend sending cheese by post or through courier services in the summertime.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?