How to Ship a Table
Whether you’re moving house or selling new and used tables – shipping tables and chairs, a coffee table or pool table is easy with Eurosender. Learn how to pack a table or glass table top for moving and choose the best way to ship a table across country or to anywhere else, across our range of shipping services to suit any requirement.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Eurosender’s benefits for table manufacturers and resellers
Table producers, retailers and resellers who need to send tables to customers can increase efficiency by registering as a business at no additional cost. Take advantage of your own logistics dashboard to keep track of all your shipping processes in one place, as well as convenient pricing and easy payment options to get your load moving faster.
COURIER SERVICES FOR SHIPPING TABLES
Shipping a table across country and internationally
Depending on the size and urgency, choose the best way to ship your table across Eurosender’s range of shipping services.
Insurance when shipping tables
At Eurosender, we know how important it is for your load to arrive in one piece. Whether you’re shipping a pool table, coffee table or tables and chairs, your shipment is covered by basic insurance included in the price. Additional, low-cost insurance options are also available during the booking process. If you are unsure which insurance is right for your shipment, contact our experts who are always on hand and happy to advise you.
How to pack a table for moving
Follow these simple guidelines on how to pack a table for standard shipping
- Remove all separate parts and disassemble the table. Wrap each part separately, and protect each part with several layers of cushioning.
- Place screws and smaller pieces into separate pouch and take to larger piece to keep them together.
- Flat-pack each piece into cardboard box and fill any extra space with additional foam or cushioning to ensure no movement.
- Seal the box with tape and reinforce the sides of the box with additional tape. You can also label the box ‘This Side Up’ to avoid mishandling during transport.
Follow these guidelines for shipping tables and chairs on pallets
- Place cardboard on the base of the pallet and place the table on top.
- Remove any separate parts and pack these into a separate box to secure to the pallet later.
- Build a crate around the item or wrap it with foam wrap, moving blankets or some corrugated cardboard and use stretch foil and adhesive tape to keep the protection in place. Make sure that the items are completely covered and securely loaded.
- Fix the items and boxes to the pallets using strong bands and further wrap them with stretch foil.
- For detailed packing instructions for pallets, please check our dedicated page.
How much does it cost to ship a table internationally and domestically?