Shipping a care package to nursing homes, with our easy door-to-door delivery
Nothing will make a grandparent happier than receiving a nice gift from a family member. Eurosender helps you gladly with shipping a care package to nursing homes. We will provide you some key information on how to safely organize a parcel pickup at a nursing home, which items are prohibited when shipping a senior care box and some benefits of a door-to-door retirement home parcel delivery
What do you have to do when shipping a care package for the elderly?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack your items for shipping
Eurosender helps people book affordable door-to-door shipping services in a matter of seconds. Whether you are looking for a shipping service within Europe or outside the EU, we can ship to any given destination we serve. People from all over the world have turned to our shipping services for shipping a care package to nursing homes. We provide our customers with a simple booking system, instant quotes for 90% and a wide variety of shipping guides.
By following these steps and filling out all the information, Eurosender can find you the best courier for your shipment. Fast and reliable! The most important thing, when shipping a care package for the elderly, is to provide a valid and accessible address for pickup and delivery and ensure that the shipment is well protected for transportation.
A few things to consider before shipping a care package to nursing homes:
- Check the FAQ section below where you will find useful information on shipping a senior care box.
- Any standard shipment booked through Eurosender is automatically insured up to €200. However, we always recommend purchasing additional insurance for expensive items.
- If you are shipping outside the EU, you are responsible yourself for looking up the import and export restrictions of the respective countries.
What is a standard retirement home parcel delivery?
To determine whether your parcel is eligible for our standard shipping service, your parcel has to respect a few restrictions. If you are not sure after measuring your parcel, you can always request an individual offer stating the dimensions, weight, pickup location and delivery address.
If there are any doubts about the measurements of your package or suitcase, use our shipment size checker.
Packing and shipping a senior care box
The most important part of shipping a senior care box is the preparation of the parcel. Making sure the content is well protected, as well as securing the outside of the box from external factors. Specific packing instructions can be found for every single item on our website.
Packing starts with getting the right materials from your local supermarket or hardware store:
- Cushioning materials like bubble wrap, crumpled paper, packing peanuts.
- Protective materials like Styrofoam sheets, cardboard boxes and sheet, plastic foil.
- Items such as tape, scissors, and stickers that say ‘Fragile’ or ‘Handle with care’.
Once you have gathered all the right materials you can go to our Pack and ship pages and find specific information on how to safely pack your parcel.
Home delivery services for seniors
Our main service for individuals remains the door-to-door service we offer. In just a few clicks you can order a shipment where the courier comes to pick up the parcel at your door and will bring it to any given destination we serve (sometimes even remote areas). You will not only save a lot of time, but you will also save money because of our competitive prices.
We see seniors benefitting even more from this service. Especially if they don’t have a car anymore or are just not very mobile anymore in general. They won’t have to go out to the post office or the parcel shop in the next town. They will be able to enjoy all the convenience of an international shipping service, from their home.
FAQ when shipping a care package to nursing homes
I want to ship a care package for the elderly, which address do I provide?
First, you should call the nursing home and ask the following questions:
- Is it possible to ship a parcel to the home? If yes, what is the protocol?
- What is allowed to be shipped?
- To whom do you ship? Is it to the person or the reception desk?
- Will there be someone to receive the parcel?
- Between which hours can there be a parcel delivery take place
Even though it seems like the simplest task of all, but many people do not fill out the address section the right way. Addresses should be written out fully and clearly. You have to state not only the zip code, town, and the street with number but also information like access codes and apartment numbers:
Choose the country of pick-up/delivery.
Ex.: The Netherlands
- Name & Surname
Add the name of the nursing home followed by the full name of the consignee.
Ex.: Nursing home the Sunflower, Jay Evans
Fill out the street name in full and the number.
Ex.: Zonnebloemenstraat 46
- Additional info – Optional
Here you can add additional information.
Keep in mind that the courier doesn’t always take this info into consideration.
- Zip code
Add the zip code, please double check if it’s the right one.
Add the full name of the town or city.
- Phone number
Add the phone number, change the area code if needed.
Ex.: +31 20 1234 1234
If you want to send a care package to a nursing home by courier, you might want to add the door number (if the courier is allowed to go in). Or in the case there is a reception, you can ask them if they receive parcels during their working hours and ask them if you can put them down as the receiving party.
What should I send in a care package to a nursing home?
Now that you know how to send your parcel, it is time you fill it. The most important part is that you put thought into the care package. You can decorate the box with pictures and drawings. You can send them for example.
- Pictures and letters: you can send them a few copies from your latest travels, or a family picture in a nice frame. Or write them a letter saying you miss them.
- Clothing: send your grandfather a new tie, or a new pair of loafers.
- Sports equipment: if they are still active you can send them some sports equipment like golf gear, tennis gear, bike equipment, etc.
- Books. If they are into reading you can send them some new or old books. Or perhaps even a crossword puzzle.
When shipping a senior care box, what can I not put in?
Some items are not recommended for shipping since the content could damage your or other parcels. Among these are illegal objects, antiques, works of art, animals, pharmaceutical products and food.
Even home cooked food, how delicious it might be, is located in a grey zone when it comes to shipping. Especially if you would send it in a glass jar or a simple food container. You could say it’s a recipe for disaster. But if you want to send some home baked cookies, canned food or dry foods like nuts, you have nothing to worry about. Make sure you pack it well.
We would like to point out that electronics are not forbidden from sending but the customer has to make sure that electronic equipment is packed appropriately. The damage insurance does not apply in case electronic devices (such as televisions, mobile phones, computers, etc.) are sent without the original packaging and original invoice.
What is included in a retirement home parcel delivery service?
Once you have decided on shipping a care package for the elderly via our platform, you will get a range of benefits:
- We collaborate with both international logistics companies (DHL, GLS, DPD, …), as well as with local couriers like BRT and SEUR;
- You will be able to contact our experienced support team agents who speak many different languages;
- If you have any specific requirements regarding your shipment, you can always request an individual offer so that all your nuances are considered;
- Track the status of your shipment online.
If you believe that there is something missing and you still have a question on shipping a care package to nursing homes or about the retirement home parcel delivery service, then contact our customer support and they will gladly help you!