Shipping a wedding dress through courier services and by mail
Looking for an affordable and reliable solution for shipping a wedding dress? Check how to fold and pack a wedding dress for shipping it safely to your ceremony location. Explore the existing bridal gown postage options. Read all you need to know before sending a wedding dress internationally by mail or through courier services.
What are you interested in?
READY TO SHIP?
Shipping a wedding dress in a box across the country and abroad
HOW TO PACK
How to pack a wedding dress for a destination wedding?
If you want your wedding dress to arrive safely at its destination, check our tips on how to properly pack it for shipping in a box:
- Put the gown on a hanger.
- Whether you intend to ship your wedding gown by post or through courier services, wrap it in muslin paper before folding it. To do so, lay the paper or muslin on a clean surface, place the wedding dress on top of it.
- Protect every layer with muslin paper, especially if the dress is decorated with jewels that can damage the fabric.
- Fold the dress by following our instructions and put it in the garment bag.
- Pull the zipper carefully up since the fabric could easily get stuck in it.
- Store the garment bag in the wedding dress shipping box.
- Fill the empty space inside the box with crumpled paper or other cushioning material.
- Take a bigger box and put the wedding dress shipping box inside it.
- Close the box with adhesive tape and seal it.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
FAQs on wedding dress courier services
How to fold a wedding gown before shipping it?
- Prepare a garment bag for your bridal gown.
- Hang your wedding dress on the hanger.
- Pull the c-shaped part of the hanger through the bag opening.
- Make sure the bottom half of your gown stays outside the bag.
- Fold both sides of the bottom of your wedding dress towards the waistline.
- Carefully roll your train up.
- Make sure your wedding dress train can fit the garment bag.
- Slowly close the zipper of your garment bag. When doing so, you can run your finger between the fabric and the zipper to avoid snagging the dress.
What is the best and fastest way to ship a wedding dress internationally, including overseas?
Where to find a suitable wedding dress shipping box?
How to ship a wedding gown by post?
- Check the above tips on how to fold and pack a wedding gown for shipping by post.
- Before sending your wedding dress nationally or internationally, check with the postal operator how much time your bridal gown postage will take.
- Make sure not to send your gown at the last moment before the planned destination wedding date. For the things to run smoothly, add a few working days to the estimated delivery time.