GLS logistics and international shipping
Get a quote
Why choose Eurosender?
Wide network of global logistics providers
Instant quotes for parcels and pallets
Dedicated logistics experts to help you
Shipping insurance included in the price
HOW TO SHIP
Our shipping services
including GLS international shipping services or other solutions matching your needs.
GLS domestic and international shipping
GLS offers a series of international shipping services in Europe and overseas. If you decide to book shipping directly through GLS, you will have to introduce the details of your shipment on their webpage and choose whether you want it shipped to a home address or a GLS parcel shop. When using the GLS international shipping services, the maximum parcel ranges between 30 and 40 kg depending on the route.
The options available for domestic and international delivery with GLS depend on which country you will be shipping from. For this page, we have used Ireland as a reference, so make sure you double-check the service availability if shipping from elsewhere.
GLS Domestic parcel shipping solutions
- Business Parcel: Deliveries in less than 24 hours, packages of up to 30 kg, maximum total dimensions of 300 kg.
- Business Small Parcel: Deliveries in less than 24 hours, packages of up to 2 kg that fit the small-parcel frame, with max width of 40 cm.
GLS International parcel shipping solutions
- Euro Business Parcel: Deliveries in 2 – 5 days in most European areas (up to 7 days in remote destinations). Packages of up to 30 kg, maximum total dimensions of 300 kg.
- Euro Business Small Parcel: Deliveries in 2 – 5 days in most European areas (up to 7 days in remote destinations). Packages of up to 30 kg that fit the small-parcel frame, with max width of 40 cm.
GLS parcel shops and depots
GLS Parcel Shops are the points where one can drop off or receive a GLS parcel for collection or delivery purposes. In general, GLS Parcel Shops are convenient for those who cannot wait for a courier during business hours. GLS has Parcel Shops located all around Europe that are, in most cases, integrated into local businesses or small shops. This way, they offer wide availability throughout Europe with flexible working hours.
GLS Parcel tracking
When you book a GLS shipping service, you will get a GLS tracking number, allowing you to know your parcel’s location and shipping status. The GLS tracking number will be activated the first time the parcel is scanned by the courier driver, and it will be updated every time the parcel reaches a new depot. If you ship overseas, you will get a GLS international tracking number that works the same way as a domestic one.
If you booked your delivery with us, you can follow the transit of your package by inserting the GLS tracking number in our tracking tool or on the GLS website directly.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
FAQ – GLS shipping and courier services
What to do in case the tracking number is not working?
What are GLS delivery hours?
Does GLS deliver during weekends?
How to find GLS Parcel Shops and depots?
If GLS will pick up and deliver my parcel, do I need to print a shipping label?
What items are prohibited from shipping with GLS?
- precious stones, gold, jewellery, and other valuable items;
- human remains;
- animals and insects;
- plants and flowers;
- arms and weapons;
- flammable and dangerous materials;
- not properly packed shipments;
- perishable goods and medicines.