How Can I Send E-Cigarettes and Vape Juice in the Mail?
Eurosender will help you find out the optimal solution for shipping e-cigarettes, vapes and e-liquids internationally. Follow our packing guide for a safe delivery for your vape device or liquids to another destination. We have also gathered all the necessary information regarding rules and regulations on sending e-cigarettes and concentrates overseas in the mail or by courier for appeasing shipping experience.
HOW CAN YOU SHIP?
How can you send vape products by courier?
Depending on the shipping requirements you have, we can offer you multiple transportation methods:
How to pack and ship e-cigarettes and e-liquids
- Place the e-cigarette in a plastic bag.
- If you have the original packaging, place the device inside.
- Use any other box that fits the device accordingly, if you do not have the original packaging.
- Add bubble wrap around the box, and place it inside a larger box.
- Fill all the voids with cushioning materials.
- Seal the box.
- Tightly seal the liquid bottles.
- Protect each bottle individually with buttle wrap.
- Place them in a leak-proof plastic bag.
- Fill in a box with cushioning materials, and add the plastic bag.
- Fill all the voids with additional cushioning materials.
- Seal the box.
Regulations on shipping e-cigarettes and e-liquids
- Shipping e-cigarettes is authorised in most countries both for individuals and for businesses. However, before shipping electronic cigarettes, it is important to check whether they are legal in the pick-up and the destination country.
- E-cigarette retailers sending nicotine-containing vapes to the EU must comply with the Tobacco Directive 2014/14/EU.
- When sending e-cigarettes overseas, remember that lithium batteries exceeding the above specifications cannot be transported by air.
- If you decide to mail li-Ion powered electronic cigarettes, make sure that the batteries travel inside the device and comply with the following requirements:
No more than 2 cells, ≤ 20Wh
No more than 4 cells, ≤ 100Wh
- Check the destination countries’ regulations for more specifications as each country has different specifications when it comes to shipping vapes in the mail or by courier. In some countries, like Croatia, they are regulated as tobacco products and not as electronic devices.
- Belgium and some other countries have adopted strict domestic sales policies and import of nicotine products, such as vape juice.
- Portugal and France, have introduced restrictions regarding the acceptable dose of nicotine in the e-liquid that is being shipped.
- In the USA, there are no limitations as to the amount of nicotine, but in many States, fruit or mint flavourings used in e-liquids are banned.
- Canada and Australia have based their regulations upon the level of toxicity of vape juice.
If you mail vape juice to EU countries, your package must be accompanied by:
- details regarding the e-liquid ingredients and nicotine content (they are usually indicated on the product label);
- health warnings and information on possible negative effects;
- leaflet with instructions for use.
Make sure your package does not contain any promotional elements.
The acceptable volume of liquids shipped abroad by private individuals
If you send e-liquids across Europe, in most cases, packages up to 1L can be accepted, provided the goods have been securely closed and placed in leak-proof packaging.
Courier companies tend to have limitations regarding the acceptable volume of liquids because any leak will damage the package itself, to the other shipments and the vehicle transporting those goods.
Get an instant quote for your shipment
FAQ about shipping electronic cigarettes and vape juice
Can I send e-cigarettes in the mail?
What is the best way to ship e-cigarettes?
We strongly recommend shipping electronic cigarettes and all other similar items in their original boxes. This type of packaging has been tailor-made for specific product models and can offer the best protection during transit.
Can I send disposable vapes (puff bars) in the mail or by courier?
You can ship disposable vapes by most ground services, such as the Standard shipping service.
Most disposable vapes have lithium batteries, and there are some restrictions when shipping them by air. You must ensure that the device complies with the UN Manual of Test and Criteria regulations, as described above.
Can I ship vape juice (e-liquid) internationally?
Yes, but keep in mind that every country has its regulations regarding importing nicotine products and flavoured e-liquids. Thus, you must always check the restrictions in both the pick-up and the delivery country.
Is there any insurance for shipping electronic cigarettes and vape juice internationally?
You should provide us with the purchase receipt and ship the device in the original box for your shipment to be insured.
If you are shipping vape juice, insurance applies if licensed companies send the concentrates in the mail or courier them along with all the necessary documents.
Insurance coverage for e-liquids sent internationally by private individuals depends on both the regulations and the logistics providers’ policies. In many cases, such items are considered as restricted items by courier companies and can only be sent at the shipper’s own risk. In such cases, proper packaging is crucial for successful delivery.