Courier delivery for auction houses auction bidders
Auctions have been and always will be a popular way to purchase products. For some people it is just a sport, for others, it is serious business. Nowadays there are different kinds of auctions, both online and offline. You can easily register and compete in a bid in the auction room or from home. On top of that, the hammer price is often much lower than the usual price. But what if you win? How do you transport the object to your doorstep or any other place you need it? Your personal transport might be too small, or the distance is too big. In that case, auction shipping service by courier with Eurosender is the best solution. We will have your goods shipped with the cheapest and most reliable courier companies out there. That is why we have compiled this special shipping guide for auction organizers and courier delivery for auction houses, where you can find info such as how to ship a pallet from an auction house and much more.
How to place an order with Eurosender?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to prepare your items for shipping.
How can I order auction shipping service by courier?
With Eurosender you can ship to and from auction houses, regionally, nationally and internationally. Whether you are an auction buyer or an auction organizer, with Eurosender you can easily ship your goods from door-to-door in a cheap and convenient manner. The only thing you have to do is pack your goods carefully and place the order, Eurosender will take care of anything else. Whether you want to know how to ship a pallet from an auction house or how to make a standard courier delivery for auction houses, with the instructions below everything will be clear.
Which auction shipping service by courier is suitable
The kind of service you need for your package or shipment depends on the kind of goods and the quantity of these goods. Take a look at the different categories we have at Eurosender.
- When your package stays within the standard dimensions, you can send your package as Standard Shipping. To check whether this is the case, you can use our free Shipment Size Checker.
Check which service to choose
- When you have larger items or a big number of items, it might be easier to ship your goods on a pallet. When using pallet delivery with the help of Eurosender, you can be sure that your goods will arrive on time and in perfect condition.
- When your goods are large, fragile, have unusual measurements or are not suitable for shipment on a pallet, you can contact our Customer Support team for an individual offer.
- When shipping large quantities you may also choose from LTL, FTL or PTL transport.
FAQ about collecting items at auction houses
Take a look with us at a brief FAQ about how to organize the delivery of items from auction houses and other questions.
- Can I ship from an auction house?
Yes, you can. You can order a courier service with Eurosender and the courier will come and pick up the shipment at the auction house. When you are collecting items at auction houses, make sure that all the address details are correct and that there is someone present at the pick-up address to hand over the goods to the courier.
- Do the items won at an auction have to be packed or will the courier do this?
You will have to pack the items by yourself, the courier will not do this for you. If you are for example an absentee bidder, you can give permission to a third-party collecting items at auction houses and pack them for you.
- Are my items won at the auction insured against any damage?
From the moment that the shipment is packed and accepted by the courier, the parcel is insured by our Standard Insurance. However, with many items won at auctions being valuable, we strongly recommend adding additional insurance to your shipment
- How to organize the delivery of items from auction houses?
Try to collect all the details of the item you want to ship before the actual auction begins. This way you can find out how much shipping the item will cost. Besides that, you have to make sure that there is always someone present to hand over the shipment to the courier, either you or a third party.
Packaging materials for auction objects
The list of things that can be bought at an auction is endless. Therefore, packing each item is different. Most smaller items to medium size items can be packed with the packaging materials for auction objects below. When your items are too big to pack them this way you might want to consider pallet delivery.
What you need:
- Cardboard box: New or old doesn’t matter, but it has to be 100% undamaged.
- Bubble wrap: To wrap the item that you want to pack.
- Cushioning material: Ideally packing peanuts but shredded paper or more bubble wrap will also do.
- Tape: To seal the box and the bubble wrap.
- Knife/scissors: To cut and size the materials
How to pack:
- Wrap all items in bubble wrap and seal with tape
- Fill the bottom of the box with cushioning material.
- Place the items inside of the box and fill the box all the way up with cushioning material.
- Seal the box with tape.
- When the pick-up address is in Poland, Sweden or Spain, don’t forget that you must print and attach the label by yourself.
Pack and ship items for auction buyers
When you win a bid at an auction you are most likely extremely thrilled. But after a few minutes, you realize that you also have to take that item home with you. Then the cheapest and most reliable option is to ship your new asset with Eurosender. When doing so, pay special attention to the following things, such as packaging materials for auction objects and how to ship a pallet from an auction house:
- Before the auction starts, read the catalog or brochure to find out about the products you are interested in. The catalogue includes info such as product descriptions, photos and dimensions. Especially the latter is important. With the dimensions, you can already calculate how much shipping the item to your home or office would cost. Keep in mind that you have to add the packing materials to the dimensions.If you are having difficulty with this, you can always contact our Customer Support Team.
- Choose the right insurance: Every shipment at Eurosender is has standard insurance of up to €200. However, you can add additional insurance at extremely low prices.
- Be present at the pick-up address: Be present at the pick-up address to hand over the goods to the courier. When you are an absentee bidder, make sure that you give permission to a third-party to hand over the goods to the courier. When you are an on-site bidder, you can do this by yourself.
- Use the correct address: Use the correct address with all necessary details such as house number, the name of the building, the name of the room and other details if needed.
Pack and ship items for consignors and consignees
When you organize an auction there are many things you have to think of. To save your time we have set up some tips on how to pack and ship items for auction organizers. With this shipping guide for auction organizers, you can quickly see the things that need extra attention such as shipping pallets for auction buyers and the details for courier delivery for auction houses
- Name and contact information of the contact person responsible for receiving the shipment.
- Full name of the auction company.
- Any additional information that is essential for the courier.
- Correct address: not only the address is important, but also write the name (and/or number) of the building where the auction is held.
When you want to ship other valuable items, be sure to check out the following articles:
- How to ship ceramics
- How to ship paintings
- How to ship jewellery
- How to ship a cello
- How to ship a laptop
With all the information above it should be possible to easily send your good to and from auction houses. When you are still left with questions about shipping pallets for auction buyers or how to ship a pallet from an auction house, you can reach out to our Customer service at any time by mail or telephone.